IGNORED

Club Announcement Re South Stand

Overheard someone yesterday saying that all the seats will be in place but the amenities under the stand won't be open so it'l be temp stuff..

Obviously, don't know how true this is. The guy was claiming to know the site manager so who knows, it is believable I guess

This sounds like the most likely scenario. There is still 4 months to finish the basic structure and, from recent progress, that seems to be achievable. Fill in the centre section, bolt on a few seats and bung on a bit more roof and it's done. The new concourse under the Dolman and south stand is a nice to have. The club has got to get the stand open on time as this is essential to the Williams rebuild.

I heard they've had a look again and it turns out the stand does actually face East but the club are just gonna say cock it we'll stick with South. Food vouchers for anyone who feels strongly about this.

This sounds like the most likely scenario. There is still 4 months to finish the basic structure and, from recent progress, that seems to be achievable. Fill in the centre section, bolt on a few seats and bung on a bit more roof and it's done. The new concourse under the Dolman and south stand is a nice to have. The club has got to get the stand open on time as this is essential to the Williams rebuild.

As long as the actual viewing area is open, I can't see why there would be any sort of backlash. As long as the stand is useable, it doesn't effect the West stand side of the project nor the pitch and Dolman so what's the problem? We can live without bars and kiosks as we haven't had them before!

Due to a missreading of the plans,  consturction of the south stand will result in the goal line at that end having a bend in it in order to fit the pitch in.

The club are in discussion with the football league to gain special dispensation for this and SC  is scheduling extra practice into preseason training for inswinging corners.

it's not a problem Bill, these 2 have been brought in as consultants for the drainage problems.

attachicon.gifTedandralph.jpg

Is that your photo of locals enjoying the Ashton Vale "village green" over the week-end EMB?

I have a feeling this is not going to be good news.  Seriously.

Consider how far behind schedule they are, and then consider when it should have been a functioning and completed stand.  Put 2 and 2 together and come up with a pretty obvious 4.

If they knew it wasn't going to be ready as long back as Saturday they wouldn't be continuing to sell season tickets. If there is an announcement I'd be willing to bet it's nothing major.

Don't be so quick to assume fella.

This project has been behind since November, and is at least 3, possibly 4 month behind schedule now.  That's not easy to make up with a bit of overtime here and there.

Here's the Project Manager :

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/peterpjsmith

Not sure how someone with a degree in History should be a) working as a 1st team scout at a Championship level football club, or b) be given responsibility for a multi-million pound huge and unprecendented construction project?

This project has been behind since November, and is at least 3, possibly 4 month behind schedule now. That's not easy to make up with a bit of overtime here and there.

Not sure how someone with a degree in History should be a) working as a 1st team scout at a Championship level football club, or b) be given responsibility for a multi-million pound huge and unprecendented construction project?

I forget who his best mate is this Project manager!!! Jon somebody I think!!

This project has been behind since November, and is at least 3, possibly 4 month behind schedule now. That's not easy to make up with a bit of overtime here and there.

Fair enough, you don't need to be a subject matter expert to be able to manage a project, but that profile suggests zero project management experience.

Archived