IGNORED

Club Announcement Re South Stand

A chap from Bristol Sport was on Radio Bristol half an hour ago, and was asked the direct question "will the South Stand be ready for the start of the new season", to which he answered DEFINITELY!

Also said that the Williams will start to be demolished straight after the last rugby game.

Brilliant! No not news about the stand completion. Somebody who can spell DEFINITELY correctly instead of DEFIANTLY.

All though possibly the stand can function without everything finished ie, the bars etc lets not forget that the club would need to gain a safety certificate to allow us lunatics to use the new stand.

I would presume that means the immediate area around the stand would need to be finished also, so it's not just the stand that's needs to be complete or 90 % complete its the whole area I think.

Maybe the authorities can take the same approach as whoever signed off Arena Corinthians last summer:  the concourses were a mess of portaloos, pop-up bars and random cables and girders.  Job's a good'un.

Anyhow, two of my mates that work for Bristol Sport were lucky enough to have hospitality seats for the Bristol game at the weekend. For a bet one said, let's play a game. Let's say there will be an announcement regarding the South Stand that'll go out in the first few days of this week. The other agreed to say he 'wasn't looking forward to the fans backlash". The bet was what would be the most outlandish rumour that would spread from this.

Anyhow, two of my mates that work for Bristol Sport were lucky enough to have hospitality seats for the Bristol game at the weekend. For a bet one said, let's play a game. Let's say there will be an announcement regarding the South Stand that'll go out in the first few days of this week. The other agreed to say he 'wasn't looking forward to the fans backlash". The bet was what would be the most outlandish rumour that would spread from this.

The general election run up has brought me to wonder whether it's just the British public being 'negative'.

Think it's a rather sad endicment on Bristol Sport that so many surmised there may be a balls up re the south stand.

The general election run up has brought me to wonder whether it's just the British public being 'negative'.

Think it's a rather sad endicment on Bristol Sport that so many surmised there may be a balls up re the south stand.

Reading through this thread, I would suggest there are very few that are surmising a BS "balls up", rather accepting there will be delays in what is a major and complex construction project

To be fair the rumours started when it started late due to the power issue and accelerated when there was a big delay in the steelwork.

Considering Barr were appointed late, to complete on time after the delays caused by that will be impressive unless it was a relaxed programme to start with. Does anyone know what the original completion date was?

I'm a retired old stager.  This may be rubbish, but it's better rubbish than watching daytime TV

Get Rachel Riley on this thread and I'll agree with you, otherwise day time tv just edging it!

Think its more of a rather sad indictment of you, in always looking for negatives in our club!

Think its more of a rather sad indictment of you, in always looking for negatives in our club!

What?

Andrew Billingham was asked directly to confirm whether or not the stand would be fit for purpose for the first game of next season, so you could aim the same accusation at whoever it was who felt the need to ask that question.

'Three pages of bollocks later' (not my doing), also indicates negativity or a lack of faith in Bristol Sport.

I doubt if this is stage payments, probably monthly valuations.

But any client's PM or representative should be looking at the payments made compared to the original forecast valuation and a significant variation should send loud alarm bells ringing.

I can't believe Chris Booy isn't heavily involved from the Bristol Sport side, or is he?

Capita are Bristol Sport's PM's and Cost Advisors.

"Brought" instead of "bought" also features too often on here....don't even get me started on "would of"....

..their you go again, I see what your saying they're, some people just don't get it there literately not so literal.

(but most of us trip up over these words now and again, almost like a which's spell)

Archived