IGNORED

Decent Loan Players

Eddie Hitler

I'm thinking ones who came in and did a decent job even though they might not have been there that long rather than best / worst.

Although as these always descend into best / worst I'll chuck in Caulker as best and the Rangers forward who got seriously injured five minutes into a season-long loan as worst; though clearly not his fault.

My nomination:

Craig Maskell

Just five games and one goal in 1995 for us but he came in on loan from Southampton when we were absolutely toothless up front and livened it up a bit, coming in from the left and giving us something to cheer and I was disappointed when he went back.

I was also told (pre-interent days so somebody actually told me this on the train back, I know!) that he was entirely funded by a director or supporter, costing the club nothing which made it even better.  If I knew who it was I would namecheck them.

Checking his wiki page (which I had to for the precise year and appearance numbers) he is still, at the age of 46, playing centre forward for Staines Town - top man!

I thought  Robert Fleck lead the line brilliantly, only scored 1 but you could see he was much better than those around him.

Bjorn Kristensen, Sieb Dykstra  both quality short term signings.

Ian Ferguson was not bad either

Hogan Ephraim, Bikey and Chris Wood all came in and did a good job on loan to help keep us up in 11/12. Ephraim scored on his debut away at Middlesbrough, Chris Wood although not prolific, chipped in with a few important goals, notably a penalty away at Steve Cotterill's Forest in a 0-1 win, and at home vs Coventry in that relegation decider. We all all know how immense Bikey was.

Andre Bikey was an absolute beast for us on loan. I also seem to remember some bloke (Wayne Andrews?) coming in our promotion season and scoring a couple of vital goals.

bikey stamped on mickey infront of the dolman when we played west ham. Thankfully the ref didnt see it. Priceless.

Who was it we signed on loan, was excellent and then immediate shit after the move went perm?

Tony Dinning?

I always liked David Howells signing for us back in the 98/99 relegation season. Looked class and if he'd - or similar - had come in a month earlier we'd possibly have stayed up...

Hill & Wilson in 69-70.

Jimmy & Bob? Did they interview themselves after the game?

I thought  Robert Fleck lead the line brilliantly, only scored 1 but you could see he was much better than those around him.

Bjorn Kristensen, Sieb Dykstra  both quality short term signings.

Ian Ferguson was not bad either

Had forgotten about Ferguson, what a player he was on his day

Who was it we signed on loan, was excellent and then immediate shit after the move went perm?

Tony Dinning?

I always liked David Howells signing for us back in the 98/99 relegation season. Looked class and if he'd - or similar - had come in a month earlier we'd possibly have stayed up...

Howells was class. Bang average top level player, but fantastic for us

Maskell & Robins great shouts too

Joe Royle did alright .....on loan.....!

Didn't go quite so well after :laugh:

And Andy Cole kept us up almost single handed during his loan spell

Ian Leigh however ....... :o remember him !!!

One game wasn't it? Let in a soft one.

Archived