IGNORED

Stewards

BA12RED

So... How do I make a complaint?

Sit at the Front off Williams F Block today , causing no trouble and one particular steward '096' was seemingly on a rampage.

Threatened to kick many people out for swearing and standing.. Really? It's a DERBY.

Also used imo excessive force when I was pushed to the front after Agards as well , holding me by the neck which for someone causing no trouble in not an appropriate response.

Hate to have a moan on such a good night it just seems like the club had them set out like a mafia tonight!

Sit at the Front off Williams F Block today , causing no trouble and one particular steward '096' was seemingly on a rampage.

Threatened to kick many people out for swearing and standing.. Really? It's a DERBY.

Also used imo excessive force when I was pushed to the front after Agards as well , holding me by the neck which for someone causing no trouble in not an appropriate response.

Hate to have a moan on such a good night it just seems like the club had them set out like a mafia tonight!

I'm sure if you phone the club you could file a complaint either through them or safe and sound

Trouble is the stewards have had no training they should all have a sia badge then the sia would get involved they have the power to take badge away and he won't work there any more

Depressingly, I can answer this....

None of them need an SIA licence as sports grounds are exempt.

There has been some decent stewarding in the main in that area this season. Last night was a bunch of new faces and they were overzealous to say the least. One chap who was insistent on finding somebody to Chuck out he was pretty much running around pushing people. We're all human beings, it seemed completely unnecessary.

Depressingly, I can answer this....

None of them need an SIA licence as sports grounds are exempt.

I have a licence to work in sports grounds also a sia badge some people who works as stewards think they have the right to push and grab it will be good for safe and sound to do more training with the stewards

If you were the only one standing then it's understandable but as everyone was doing it, it should of been overlooked like in the east end,

The stewarding has been mostly positive this season but there were over zealous to say the least last night,

As for swearing as long as there isn't and kids about and your not using the c word that too should be overlooked its a football match not a test match ffs

Is this the offence caught at 34 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S0bJKsKWLI&feature=youtu.be

If it's the one pitchside corner of the Williams, he's from the Dolman.  I seen him last night many times waving his arms around asking you all to sit down. He sometimes has a cuddly toy shoved in his jacket. Shouted at my 11 year old a few weeks back telling him he can't stop walking when he was going to the toilet. I was close, but decided not to tuck in and shove the cuddly toy down his throat!

MM

If it's the one pitchside corner of the Williams, he's from the Dolman.  I seen him last night many times waving his arms around asking you all to sit down. He sometimes has a cuddly toy shoved in his jacket. Shouted at my 11 year old a few weeks back telling him he can't stop walking when he was going to the toilet. I was close, but decided not to tuck in and shove the cuddly toy down his throat!

MM

He'd have had cuddly toy furballs for days :laugh:

There needs to be a boundary here:

Steward responsibility - show people to there seat, ask people nicely to comply with the stadium rules, completely untrained and shouldn't be touching anyone.

Security staff - called in if people don't comply with the stewards, trained to at least SIA standards.

Stewards are not bouncers they are ushers.

From that video clip, you can clearly see three Police stood their with arms folded...doing nothing....just observing.

Then the steward marches in pointing, and it cuts, just as it looks like he makes a move on someone.

Surely if the fans were doing something, other than cheering and celebrating, the Police would have stepped in?

What would have happened if the fan had reacted and grabbed the steward by the neck as well?

The problem at the front of the Williams was partly due to stewards standing in front of fans, obstructing their view of the game. Most stood up to see the game. If the stewards would have kept to one side (like the Police) there wouldn't have been a problem.

When Agard scored, I think one steward wanted us all to sit down.

Don't forget that the front of Block F is situated in front of the Wheelchair Enclosure, at last nights game people were standing, and even standing on their seats, thus blocking views.

The third goal I could not see for this reason. I do wonder sometimes if those standing up realise that they are spoiling the view and thus enjoyment of another section of Bristol City support.

Don't forget that the front of Block F is situated in front of the Wheelchair Enclosure, at last nights game people were standing, and even standing on their seats, thus blocking views.

The third goal I could not see for this reason. I do wonder sometimes if those standing up realise that they are spoiling the view and thus enjoyment of another section of Bristol City support.

That's probably the knock-on effect of stewards getting in people's way of the game at the front.

The moment often takes you though.  I will sit down as soon as I realise I'm in the way but last night I was up and down like a yo yo

In the clip posted at 34 seconds you can see the steward move towards me but nothing clear , with my arms up in the air celebrating at what point does grabbing me by the neck become anywhere near necessary. Queried him about it for 5-10 minutes and his only reply was asking me if I wanted to get kicked out.

Was just wondering if anyone else saw it , really am in two minds whether to complain or not. It's the fact that he spent all of the second half laughing whilst clearly obstructing everyone's view of the city goal the annoyed me the most! Haha

I sit in front of some elderly people and although I like to stand I sit so they can watch the game, but if someone in front of me stands im going to stand, im not going to miss some of the game so they can see it.

I think that's more than fair considering I chose seats at the back so I wouldn't get in peoples way and people that really need to sit have sat at the back behind me, if they didn't want people standing in front of them they should have got seats closer to the front (where stewards could block the view).

this in law is a common assault, stop this by going to the police and make a complaint

In the clip posted at 34 seconds you can see the steward move towards me but nothing clear , with my arms up in the air celebrating at what point does grabbing me by the neck become anywhere near necessary. Queried him about it for 5-10 minutes and his only reply was asking me if I wanted to get kicked out.

Was just wondering if anyone else saw it , really am in two minds whether to complain or not. It's the fact that he spent all of the second half laughing whilst clearly obstructing everyone's view of the city goal the annoyed me the most! Haha

wait a second - you came on here to ask for details of how to make a complaint (with a specif stewards number) now your not sure - are you sure everything you said happened actually happened? If it did - make the complaint, its assault and shouldn't be tolerated, it may happen to someone else because you haven't made the complaint.

Archived