IGNORED

Stewards

BA12RED

In the clip posted at 34 seconds you can see the steward move towards me but nothing clear , with my arms up in the air celebrating at what point does grabbing me by the neck become anywhere near necessary. Queried him about it for 5-10 minutes and his only reply was asking me if I wanted to get kicked out.

Was just wondering if anyone else saw it , really am in two minds whether to complain or not. It's the fact that he spent all of the second half laughing whilst clearly obstructing everyone's view of the city goal the annoyed me the most! Haha

Definitely report it.  The bloke is clearly a chest-beating simpleton if he thinks that's how to handle the public.

He's best nowhere near AG.

Yes everything actually happened , understandably though I was much angrier with it in the heat of the moment. Was also unaware of what rights stewards have to use but that's cleared up a bit now. Will make a complaint to safe and sound and Bristol City later today.

My brother was also a victim of overzealous jobsworth stewards after the agard goal. Even the police witnessed and confirmed he had been the victim of poor stewardship but was still manhandled out of the stadium and had to watch the rest of the game from the pub.

If he had grabbed another person the way he was treated the plod would have nicked him for assault

If you were the only one standing then it's understandable but as everyone was doing it, it should of been overlooked like in the east end,

The stewarding has been mostly positive this season but there were over zealous to say the least last night,

As for swearing as long as there isn't and kids about and your not using the c word that too should be overlooked its a football match not a test match ffs

Grabbing by the neck is understandable?

Definitely report it.  The bloke is clearly a chest-beating simpleton if he thinks that's how to handle the public.

He's best nowhere near AG.

Agree.

Normally, I am in the move on camp, but in this case, unless somebody brings it to the clubs attention, it will be somebody else's turn next. If it is the moment at 34 seconds, we have just scored in an important match, everyone is jumping up and down, what does he expect?

Obviously failed his police entrance test, and is bitter about it.

The club seemingly lost control of their stewards year ago.  Bristol fans also found them less than welcoming, although that does seem to have changed now.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone at the club would acknowledge this?

Rather stupid really! I think it all comes down to the unfortunate placing of your seat and of these wanabe  powermad 'bouncers'!

I was sat in G block right up the front (by the dugouts) and through the majority of the first half, after the linesman had bottled calling many shouts, I gave him A LOT of abuse where I could.There was one steward situated by the dugout and all he would do is turn around, look at me, then act as if nothing had ever happened. It sounds like if I was sat over on that far right side, that I would of had some problems.

I would make a complaint myself if I was grabbed around the neck - actually I probably would of used my own force back to defence myself - but that would have no doubt led to police kicking you out of the ground. No win!

It's a derby ffs, is there no passion allowed to be shown in the English game anymore!? (don't answer that)

The default actions of some of these stewarding morons beggars belief.  If you were in Tesco and you were asked to change your behaviour or leave then I can't imagine anything of the sort.

What makes them think they can go in with action that would be called assault in any other environment.  Some of them are utter c**** and the clubs need to get a grip on it.

The default actions of some of these stewarding morons beggars belief.  If you were in Tesco and you were asked to change your behaviour or leave then I can't imagine anything of the sort.

What makes them think they can go in with action that would be called assault in any other environment.  Some of them are utter c**** and the clubs need to get a grip on it.

This plus several million.

Made me chuckle as well!

Will do , Would be a very sweet day if the club have any footage of him doing it!

That whole area has CCTV all over it (I think the whole ground does) I would be very surprised if they don't have anything.

That whole area has CCTV all over it (I think the whole ground does) I would be very surprised if they don't have anything.

My thoughts exactly , any footage of it I will ask for and then see where I go with it. It's an assault in my book and I'm sure if I had grabbed him by the neck I would've had to speak to the police...

My thoughts exactly , any footage of it I will ask for and then see where I go with it. It's an assault in my book and I'm sure if I had grabbed him by the neck I would've had to speak to the police...

Yes but will the club make CCTV footage available to make a case AGAINST its own stewards?

Yes but will the club make CCTV footage available to make a case AGAINST its own stewards?

Got my first reply from the head of stewarding and he said that sort of behaviour is unnaceptable and they will investigate. I believe they would release footage due to the fact they are outsourced.

The standard of stewarding at Ashton Gate has been poor for a number of years now but this season I've noticed a pronounced decline even further. 

I watched a guy near me (Atyeo E block) last night get harassed by a steward for gesticulating at the Swindon fans. His response was to suggest that said steward say the same to the Swindon fans who we goading him to begin with (and for them to sit down). The stewards response was along the lines of "I'm telling you not them!". 

Just look at the police last night (we rarely have a police presence of note these days). They were calm, stood back, let people celebrate with passion, but you knew they would step in if disorder occurred.

The stewards are not stewarding. They are enforcing the 'ground rules' of Ashton Gate and taking it literally, rather than developing the resemblance of common sense. To me a good steward is like a good referee; you don't they are there unless you really need one. I expect them to tell me where a seat is (if I needed to know) and execute the evacuation procedure if needed. That's it. Simple. I do not expect them to watch every City fan like a hawk, waiting to pounce on their prey.

Unfortunately far too many have let a high vis jacket and a literal interpretation of the 'rules' allow them to develop a superiority complex.

Referring this to our fans liaison officer, involving the ST and creating a petition is the way to go.

One Team

Archived