IGNORED

Did Relegation Work Out For The Best?

ChippenhamRed

It has to be said, Spudski, that a lot of those distinctions are pretty subjective.

Maybe so...but when it's happening to you constantly, and has happened to others in the past, to a point where they have given up posting on here, thn it's worth making the point.

I don't want to talk about it anymore..I've tried to make my point, hopefully it will make that person see that the way they post, and how they go about doing so, actually makes people not want to join the debate anymore.

Plus....talking about it so much, is just as bad imho.

Point has been made...hopefully it will make them think rather than just blow a fuse.

I'm not going to comment anymore on this subject...hope you understand why.

Really?...someone on another thread just blamed SoD for our relegation from the Championship.

I just don't get how so many think it is solely SC who has turned this Club around.

I think credit is where credit is due.

SC has done remarkably well here...but the efforts behind the scenes that SoD implemented go unnoticed...even though our owner and board acknowledge it.

Both deserve credit to where we are now...not just SC.

SOD certainly played a large part in that relegation

SOD certainly played a large part in that relegation

I'll leap to his defence, not for me he didn't. He didn't instil any more work ethic in to that squad than anyone could. They were all going, knew they were going, told they were going bla bla bla. What SOD could or couldn't get them to do is irrelevant.

Hence why I'd have stuck it out with McInnes and gave him 6 months in League One.

Sorry, but I'm afraid you've wasted your time here and gone on a complete tangent.

My simple point to Esmond was that SC's results at both Forest and Pompey were universally poor.

SODs results at Donny cannot be described as such. Why you have brought up one winless run, which you are correct to say that half the squad were out injured, I have no idea?!

I repeat - I have said I think SC will succeed next season and am one of the few on this forum to acknowledge, even bring to people's attention, that he actually did rather well at Burnley.

Universally poor. You're right, trying to reason with you is a waste of time. He stopped the rot at Pompey as much as anyone else could, but there was no flood barrier strong enough for that. As for Forest I would say it was inconsistent, poor, but some good runs followed by sustained poor runs - very poor in two cases.

Universally poor, absolutely not.

As for Donny the reason I brought it up is bloody obvious given the context of the post. Anyway interesting you rely on the injuries, as you acknowledge I highlighted, and yet ignore that the span ran 2 seasons, a pre season and a transfer window.

Universally poor. You're right, trying to reason with you is a waste of time. He stopped the rot at Pompey as much as anyone else could, but there was no flood barrier strong enough for that. As for Forest I would say it was inconsistent, poor, but some good runs followed by sustained poor runs - very poor in two cases.

Universally poor, absolutely not.

As for Donny the reason I brought it up is bloody obvious given the context of the post. Anyway interesting you rely on the injuries, as you acknowledge I highlighted, and yet ignore that the span ran 2 seasons, a pre season and a transfer window.

You seem to be very good at misinterpreting my posts and putting words in my mouth. I'm not relying on anything other than common sense which tells us SOD overall did a good job at Donny. That is, specifically he left them in a much better position when he left than when he joined.

"Inconsistent" is how you'd describe SC's time at Forest? I suppose losing half your games is pretty inconsistent. I think that's poor personally, and he had a perfectly good squad there. SODs record at Forest was obviously considerably better (just stating as a matter of fact).

Respond if you feel compelled but frankly I trust the views of the many Pompey, Forest and Donny fans I've spoken to over the years (some of their most loyal supporters at England games) as well as knowing people that have worked within a couple of those clubs above yours.

You seem to be very good at misinterpreting my posts and putting words in my mouth. I'm not relying on anything other than common sense which tells us SOD overall did a good job at Donny. That is, specifically he left them in a much better position when he left than when he joined.

"Inconsistent" is how you'd describe SC's time at Forest? I suppose losing half your games is pretty inconsistent. I think that's poor personally, and he had a perfectly good squad there. SODs record at Forest was obviously considerably better (just stating as a matter of fact).

Respond if you feel compelled but frankly I trust the views of the many Pompey, Forest and Donny fans I've spoken to over the years (some of their most loyal supporters at England games) as well as knowing people that have worked within a couple of those clubs above yours.

Ah when substance fails condescend. Cool

Ah when substance fails condescend. Cool

Just being honest fella, I trust those peoples views above yours as I believe they are better placed than you to comment... You've said nothing of substance that will change my views on this.

Unsure why we're going over this ground again anyway. We could tell Stoke or Palace fans Pulis is a shite manager till we're blue in the face, somehow I doubt they give a flying ****...

I'm grateful for the views of the trio of Forest fans who came on Otib in December 2013 to point out that Cotterill would play "hoofball" and sign over-the-hill journeymen in preference to up-and-coming players.

Their trenchant, well-argued views were adopted as gospel by some on here.  ;)

I expect they were there at AG earlier that year, singing about being the "famous club" just before Steve Davies and Marv scored for us.

Archived