IGNORED

Unofficial Come On Preston Matchplay Thread

Mad Cyril

Really jolly looking forward to Saturday and as many posters have said, the chance to tie up a very rare title by beating Coventry.

However, I have a real phobia that Preston blow it tonight which would hand us the title by default.

Even a draw basically means we have won it (would need us to lose all three remaining games while Preston win theirs and turn around a 15 goal goal difference)

So anything less than a win for Preston dampens the excitement of tomorrow and the chance to win it with the players and celebrate it with the fans.

Most of us have a fondness for Preston too so would want them to secure auto promotion....as God forbid if Swindon crept in there.

So come on Preston, good luck tonight and let us have our party at the Gate tomorrow.

Really jolly looking forward to Saturday and as many posters have said, the chance to tie up a very rare title by beating Coventry.

However, I have a real phobia that Preston blow it tonight which would hand us the title by default.

Even a draw basically means we have won it (would need us to lose all three remaining games while Preston win theirs and turn around a 15 goal goal difference)

So anything less than a win for Preston dampens the excitement of tomorrow and the chance to win it with the players and celebrate it with the fans.

Most of us have a fondness for Preston too so would want them to secure auto promotion....as God forbid if Swindon crept in there.

So come on Preston, good luck tonight and let us have our party at the Gate tomorrow.

Can we extend this to Preston winning their next 3 games 1-0, us drawing v Coventry and Chesterfield, and thus going into Walsall 3 points clear and an advantage of +12 on goal difference?  

Not me, no certainty that we will win tomorrow (you only have to look at the Gillingham/Barnsley games) so.come on Vale!!!

Once we have the Title I'll happily cheer on Preston to 2nd place.

Completely agree.  Everyone seems to be assuming we will just turn up and take the 3 points home tomorrow.

Coventry won't agree!  I hope Preston lose tonight and then finish 2nd.

Oh no it does not dampen or diminish our accession to the title.

We have won it by being consistently the best team in this league.

We have been beaten only five times and have sat proudly at the top of the league table for all but two or three weeks.

We are going up as champions and it doesn't make one little bit of difference when!

A draw tonight is perfect, as it means we are not mathematically guaranteed to be Champs unless we beat Covee, so we can all be comfortable and enjoy the game itself knowing that if we do win, we are the Kings of the league and, if we don't win, we would need a collapse so spectacular as to be almost impossible....

You know...something like being in the relegation zone for just, oh, i dunno, 20 minutes of a whole season, and yet end up falling out of the league....I mean that is just to ridiculous to contemplate...isn't it?

Not sure if im falling into a 'whoooosh' trap here and I've got a lot of respect for PNE and their fans however, be careful what you wish for.

I don't care how we win the title but the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned and ill be rooting for Preston to smash Swindon when they play at Deepdale.

A draw tonight is perfect, as it means we are not mathematically guaranteed to be Champs unless we beat Covee, so we can all be comfortable and enjoy the game itself knowing that if we do win, we are the Kings of the league and, if we don't win, we would need a collapse so spectacular as to be almost impossible....

You know...something like being in the relegation zone for just, oh, i dunno, 20 minutes of a whole season, and yet end up falling out of the league....I mean that is just to ridiculous to contemplate...isn't it?

Fanciful Brothers Grimm stuff, surely.

Oh no it does not dampen or diminish our accession to the title.

We have won it (not yet) by being consistently the best team in this league.

We have been beaten only five times and have sat proudly at the top of the league table for all but two or three weeks.

We are going up as champions (hopefully) and it doesn't make one little bit of difference when!

Realistically, we should win tomorrow and be crowned Champions, although I maintain that, should Preston draw this evening we would need at least the same result tomorrow, and this would only add to what will already be a most enthusiastic and exhuberant atmosphere.

And then, with our young team, onward to better things.

Ex Spinis Uvas

Now with universal joy,

Having performed games and tasks,

Let us together celebrate

Our beloved team attentively.

Now for more than a hundred years

It has deserved praise,

It will continue to endure and deserve,

Whilst it serves our city.

Let it be more famous, let it be more worthy,

However many months slip by:

Let this be our first right,

We are Bristolians. 

Realistically, we should win tomorrow and be crowned Champions, although I maintain that, should Preston draw this evening we would need at least the same result tomorrow, and this would only add to what will already be a most enthusiastic and exhuberant atmosphere.

And then, with our young team, onward to better things.

Ex Spinis Uvas

Now with universal joy,

Having performed games and tasks,

Let us together celebrate

Our beloved team attentively.

Now for more than a hundred years

It has deserved praise,

It will continue to endure and deserve,

Whilst it serves our city.

Let it be more famous, let it be more worthy,

However many months slip by:

Let this be our first right,

We are Bristolians.

Personally prefer the Latin version we had to sing on the last day of term:

Nunc universo gaudio,

Ludo pensisque functi,

Scholam dilectam sedulo

Concelebremus cuncti.

Iam quadrigentos amplius

Annos laudem meretur,

Merendo et durabimus,

Dum nostra urbs servetur.

Refrain: Sit clarior, sit dignior,

quotquot labuntur menses:

Sit primus nobis hic decor,

Sumus Bristolienses.

Just to correct you,a draw tonight means we only have to draw tomorrow to be champions!

We would be 10 points clear and PNE would only have 3 games left.

No default about it, look at the points difference. We have been different class.

Archived