IGNORED

Unofficial Come On Preston Matchplay Thread

Mad Cyril

The School Sergeant scared the cack out of me.

With his stick, Bessie!

Nogbad mentioned in an earlier post the 'interesting teachers of the 1970's'.

The late Eric 'The Dehn' was certainly interesting, as well as being extremely kind and conscientious (probably my favourite teacher) - can you imagine a teacher in today's world inviting pupils to his Clifton flat for extra tuition in his free time during the summer holidays?

Another much-maligned teacher, but actually extremely friendly and amusing, was a certain Aubrey Harris.

The list is endless, but this is probably not the right forum.  

He often used to go with his son.

Son was in a wheelchair wasn't he?

I'll tell you what Phil, for a Rugby only school, where you sometimes had to represent the school on Saturday afternoons it didn't half produce alot of City fans.

I'm still in touch with a number (sadly one down since last year) who've been going down to AG since the early 70's. 

0 from 9 Mortis :o

Blimey - makes our Play Offs Record look like 'just a poor start' compared,to yours

Really don't hope you have to face that again

Yes Bob we are 0-9 including 3 Finals , Wycombe 2-4 , Bolton 0-3 and West Ham 0-1 , nobody else has a record close to us in failure except Sheff Utd who are 0-8 with 5 Finals , if we end up in the playoffs and get to the Final v Sheff Utd combined of 0-17 should make an interesting final 0-0 , 0-0 after extra and 0-1 on pens :) 

Archived