IGNORED

Ex Alcoholic Sag In Trouble With The Rozzers And Gone Down!

SuperFly2002

"It is a matter of regret if this sentence shatters your professional football career."

Ok - so today's poser: would you opt for two years porridge , or two years at the Mem? At least with the Clink XI one would play a higher standard of football.

Ex-alcoholics don't exist. Once a alcohol dependant person you'll always be alcohol dependant. The proper term is "recovering alcoholic". It applies to those who have stopped using alcohol.

Don't agree with this at all. When I was 24 - 27 I went through a serious stage of depression and tried to kill myself and was drinking 2L of Vodka or Whisky a day and went from 9 stone to 16 stone. I was a complete alcoholic and spent 8 months at a addiction centre where my depression and alcohol dependency was treated. I have for 6 years not even had a drink, and I go out plenty and have no need to drink, so what you say is absolute tosh, once an alcoholic you are not always an alcoholic, perhaps try thinking before you make such stupid and thoughtless comments in public, as you don't know who might be reading them and what they've been through and how they've changed. What you have put above is a load of rubbish and not true at all.

Don't agree with this at all. When I was 24 - 27 I went through a serious stage of depression and tried to kill myself and was drinking 2L of Vodka or Whisky a day and went from 9 stone to 16 stone. I was a complete alcoholic and spent 8 months at a addiction centre where my depression and alcohol dependency was treated. I have for 6 years not even had a drink, and I go out plenty and have no need to drink, so what you say is absolute tosh, once an alcoholic you are not always an alcoholic, perhaps try thinking before you make such stupid and thoughtless comments in public, as you don't know who might be reading them and what they've been through and how they've changed. What you have put above is a load of rubbish and not true at all.

Whilst I do have my moments with RR I will back him up here. Given his professional background I think he has every right to make this comment & I would totally agree with him. I think you've taken his comments to be 'having a go' when really I think he's just using a professional term.

Oh and well done for beating your addiction.

On a side note I can't help but notice you have cider in your name with I found a little amusing.

Nothing but respect to you for coming out of that, give yourself a pat on the back mate

Rather than focus on where he lives or lived, or who he played for, how about a bit of sympathy for the bloke? He is a footballer this is a football forum, if we can't offer anything but the same old Gas, Swindon jibes it's a poor show.

The point that Robbered made about once an alcoholic  always one etc is a common one, and I have heard this said by those who actually know about such things, perhaps those on here that recovered were the exception not the rule. The cases of footballers that end up this way is nothing new, Gazza, George Best, and many others, either way it's a sad state of affairs and as these guys provide us with the reasons we all love the game.

So now you drink moderately do you? Or do you still abstain from alcohol?

The point that Robbered made about once an alcoholic  always one etc is a common one, and I have heard this said by those who actually know about such things, perhaps those on here that recovered were the exception not the rule. The cases of footballers that end up this way is nothing new, Gazza, George Best, and many others, either way it's a sad state of affairs and as these guys provide us with the reasons we all love the game.

I do know what I'm talking about. I spent from 1984 to 2010 when I retired from the NHS working exclusively with alcohol dependent people - alcoholics in other words.

Obnoxious comment, but that's what you are all about.

Jeez fella, you're po faced. It was a bit of a pisstake of a rather unsavoury character being ex sag and from Swindon.

I know you have form for masturbating over Rovers, but wind your neck in.

From what I have I have gleaned about Chris Zebroski, he's a an unpleasant type, regardless of alcohol consumption.

Don't presume to judge me...you have never met me.

I do know what I'm talking about. I spent from 1984 to 2010 when I retired from the NHS working exclusively with alcohol dependent people - alcoholics in other words.

i agree with you 100%.

as a recovering alcoholic, i had many attempts at giving up and cutting down to a sensible limit, all with the same end product,always led to being out of control.

the only way is total abstinence for me and have done so since millenium night,knowing full well that i probably would be back to square 1 if i so much as tried to have a sociable pint.

a certain Alan robinson at the robert smith unit in clifton kept me on the rails for the first 6 months

Rather than focus on where he lives or lived, or who he played for, how about a bit of sympathy for the bloke? He is a footballer this is a football forum, if we can't offer anything but the same old Gas, Swindon jibes it's a poor show.

I try not to get annoyed on here but this has really wound me up. Have you even read the article? He's scum. End of. Deserves absolutely no sympathy of any kind.

The Swindon and Gas jokes were a bit of fun. Lighten up for **** sake

I don't drink at all. Not had a drink and when I go out I drink soft drinks, can be in a pub full of people and it doesn't even tempt me to.

It seems to me that you are in recovery and as long as you avoid that first alcoholic drink you'll continue to be in recovery. You know by now that any alcoholic drink will send you straight back to where you once were.

I rest my case.

It seems to me that you are in recovery and as long as you avoid that first alcoholic drink you'll continue to be in recovery. You know by now that any alcoholic drink will send you straight back to where you once were.

I rest my case.

How can you say that when you don't even know the bloke?

Jeez fella, you're po faced. It was a bit of a pisstake of a rather unsavoury character being ex sag and from Swindon.

I know you have form for masturbating over Rovers, but wind your neck in.

From what I have I have gleaned about Chris Zebroski, he's a an unpleasant type, regardless of alcohol consumption.

Don't presume to judge me...you have never met me.

I've had the pleasant experience of meeting the bloke. Saw him at Syndicate, 10 mins later he got thrown out for fighting.

Archived