IGNORED

Boardroom Breakup

nickolas

After you die you are obliged to cancel all subscriptions .

Off topic I know but this reminded my of my Grandfather in Law, a cantankerous old git who was also fixtures secretary of the Snooker league.

He was famously rubbish at organising fixtures, but wouldn't relinquish the job. One meeting he gave out the fixtures for the first round of a cup competition, apparently very proud he hadn't screwed up for a change. The board members scanned the list and one said "You've got "bob" playing here, he can't play he died last week." My GiL stood up and indignantly shouted, "that's it, if anyone is going to die, I want two weeks notice" !!

Ok, my 2 bobs worth.

After our most successful season for coming on yonks and yonks why do we end up with a thread saying there is discontent within the board.  My granny's pedicure girl was telling me while she was excavating 2 kilos of toe nail jelly from her big toe that her Great Aunt knows someone who works in the Bakery in Bedminster North St who has spoken to a board member who buys his Custard slices there and has told her that a coup is taking place.......................Bollocks !!

WTF !!

My 2 bobs worth - and not a moan at all - whilst on the pitch we have had our most successful season operationally we have not: ticketing, IT, customer services all being regular bug bears on here. If there is a chance to improve our operational direction, albeit if that requires board reshuffle, we'd be foolish not to proceed. As operationally there will not be much different between us and the rugby club if we could streamline or benefit from moving roles and responsibilities we'd be foolish not to.

It all comes down to whether improvements can be made and how those improvements can be made. If board reshuffle is the way, cool.

Ok, my 2 bobs worth.

After our most successful season for coming on yonks and yonks why do we end up with a thread saying there is discontent within the board.  My granny's pedicure girl was telling me while she was excavating 2 kilos of toe nail jelly from her big toe that her Great Aunt knows someone who works in the Bakery in Bedminster North St who has spoken to a board member who buys his Custard slices there and has told her that a coup is taking place.......................Bollocks !!

WTF !!

Cue the headlines "toe nail jelly found in custard slices"

Severely pissed me off.  Sent an ID through for my wife who died over 17 years ago using an e-mail address I didn't even have then. What sort of data are they holding?

Thorough indeed.  I wonder how many other people they caused distress to yesterday.

Wow - I hope you have complained to whoever about this? That is very poor, and to get it to an email set up since is pretty scary

Why ?

Because I support Bristol City.

I want decisions made solely in the interests of the club and it's fans.

I don't care about Bristol rugby and I don't care about basketball. I see enough of that shitty game when I'm working in the US.

I want Bristol City to be the sole and only focus.

I am ok with the Bristol Aport concept. Happy with Bristol Rugby sharing the gate. Only thing I dont like is Bristol Rugby season ticket holders getting ahead of loyal Bristol City supporters for cup tickets and other big games.Long term I believe we will reap benifits of the Bristol sport idea.

I don't care about Bristol rugby and I don't care about basketball. I see enough of that shitty game when I'm working in the US.

well for all this shit management Bristolsport has brought it must be doing someting right

Best squad in a long first league championship in 60 years, clubs first league and cup double, if that crap I can't wait for BristolSport to get its act together

Ok, my 2 bobs worth.

WTF !!

Never mind the bollocks, Tone.

This reference to basketball is one of several you have made. I'm really struggling to see how this will impact on BCFC in a negative way. The concept about Bristol sport is sport in Bristol for Bristolians. This season, I really haven't noticed the Rugby having any negative effect but hear the attendance are better than gas gates. The stadium needs to be utilised and needs to make money and these decisions are made in the long term interests of the football club.

well for all this shit management Bristolsport has brought it must be doing someting right

Best squad in a long first league championship in 60 years, clubs first league and cup double, if that crap I can't wait for BristolSport to get its act together

Not forgetting the potential for Bristol Rugby to get promoted to the Premiership this season as well ( in front of a sell out crowd). 

Severely pissed me off.  Sent an ID through for my wife who died over 17 years ago using an e-mail address I didn't even have then. What sort of data are they holding?

Thorough indeed.  I wonder how many other people they caused distress to yesterday.

That is shocking- I honestly thought you were going to say it was a parent/grandparent who had died sometime during this season. Not that it would have made it any nicer but at least that would of been sort of defend-able.

I hope the club get back to you with an apology at the least and also explains how it got that data.

Not had the courtesy of a reply yet.

I'm going to think that they have a lot of emails they need to reply too and that your complaint hasn't been forgotten, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that

I remember Mum still getting post for Dad years after he had died, but that was in 91, you'd like to think that these things are easier to update nowadays. What worries me more is they contacted you on an email address you didn't have back then....that should worry anyone

I'm going to think that they have a lot of emails they need to reply too and that your complaint hasn't been forgotten, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that

I remember Mum still getting post for Dad years after he had died, but that was in 91, you'd like to think that these things are easier to update nowadays. What worries me more is they contacted you on an email address you didn't have back then....that should worry anyone

Well, seeing as I sent it to Keith Dawe. Martin Griffiths and David Lloyd I would have thought one of them could at least have acknowledged my e-mail, even a "sorry, we are looking into it".

As you say, what on earth are they holding that they can make that connection to my current e-mail address?

Well, seeing as I sent it to Keith Dawe. Martin Griffiths and David Lloyd I would have thought one of them could at least have acknowledged my e-mail, even a "sorry, we are looking into it".

As you say, what on earth are they holding that they can make that connection to my current e-mail address?

they are on their holidays in the sun

Archived