IGNORED

Unbelievable

Phileas Fogg

So why was Scrumpie on the pitch having selfies with people. I remember seeing that happen and think that the club could hardly complain now?

Its not the club complaining its the FA and potential sanctions, clearly they are clamping down, people need to stay off at Walsall to avoid any worry about a points deduction imo.

So why was Scrumpie on the pitch having selfies with people. I remember seeing that happen and think that the club could hardly complain now?

Maybe, just maybe, the club aren't making things up about the FA being miffed with us.

It could be that they were happy enough with  people on the pitch the other day, hence Scrumpy joining in the fun, but now they are a trifle concerned.

The day fans cannot run on the pitch to celebrate their team winning the league is the day football dies!

And fans did indeed run onto the pitch to celebrate. Unfortunately football has rules about such things and, whilst sanctions for peaceful and celebratory pitch invasions are unknown, the club has to make the right noises about fans staying off the pitch to ensure they are not seen as encouraging it and opening themselves up to possible penalties.

Maybe, just maybe, the club aren't making things up about the FA being miffed with us.

It could be that they were happy enough with people on the pitch the other day, hence Scrumpy joining in the fun, but now they are a trifle concerned.

The FA will be very busy over the next month or so then.

Maybe they'll take Man City's title win last season off of them as well because fans celerbrated on the pitch.

The broadcasters love a good pitch invasion.

yeah i have a photo of him with my granson,shock horror on the pitch!

You can imagine it can't you...up before the magistrates bloke in wheelchair, numerous 'yoofs', grandparents....and Scrumpy!

I think the FA probably got to make noises about it, afterall I guess it's a very different thing if it was a fierce rival, or say we had just ruined someone's chances of playoffs. But there are pitch invasions and there are pitch invasions. We know this but the FA only sees in black and white

The day fans cannot run on the pitch to celebrate their team winning the league is the day football dies!

You can't remember the pens we all had to suffer not so long ago? You could not get anywhere near the pitch. Ken Bates even wanted to electrify  them and put moats in ffs.

As a bitter Swindon fan, I'd love to see you deducted loads of points, but as a football fan, this would be an absolute travesty if it were true. If you cannot celebrate promotion/being champions in the traditional manner then there is something wrong with this world. Unlike Villa, there was no hint of aggro or intimidation, just a celebration.

Nor do the Football League- the governing body or the police and the 95% of fans who have their own celebrations interrupted by the tiny minority..

Of course the right to run onto the pitch whilst the players are still on is clearly everybody's birthright. Worked for gas last season.

Your posts just lose all force when you make statements like that.

It's your feelings and your opinion, which is cool - you are perfectly entitled to that and I respect those views and expect all others to, but you are not the voice for the 'majority' and if there was a straw poll my vote was not counted.

My opinion (for which I speak for myself and no one else), the pitch invasion has been and done as we won the Championship: it was always going to happen, it has happened. Against Walsall I think that would be once too many but if I see people running on from the vantage point it won't ruin my day, ruin my celebrations, or even be an intermittent delay. It's just a way of celebration which will be different to that which I will partake in.

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove). 

At full time is the pitch still the playing area? 

Yes. It's for the safety and protection of both sets of players, coaches, managers & match officials and makes perfect sense to me. Why don't people just do what they've been politely asked to do? 

As a bitter Swindon fan, I'd love to see you deducted loads of points, but as a football fan, this would be an absolute travesty if it were true. If you cannot celebrate promotion/being champions in the traditional manner then there is something wrong with this world. Unlike Villa, there was no hint of aggro or intimidation, just a celebration.

And a bit of perspective - it was a quarter final victory; hardly a remarkable and overwhelming achievement.

Yes. It's for the safety and protection of both sets of players, coaches, managers & match officials and makes perfect sense to me. Why don't people just do what they've been politely asked to do? 

I politely asked for my food vouchers. Instead I'm going grazing on the pitch.

Your posts just lose all force when you make statements like that.

It's your feelings and your opinion, which is cool - you are perfectly entitled to that and I respect those views and expect all others to, but you are not the voice for the 'majority' and if there was a straw poll my vote was not counted.

My opinion (for which I speak for myself and no one else), the pitch invasion has been and done as we won the Championship: it was always going to happen, it has happened. Against Walsall I think that would be once too many but if I see people running on from the vantage point it won't ruin my day, ruin my celebrations, or even be an intermittent delay. It's just a way of celebration which will be different to that which I will partake in.

I reckon the Walsall game could see an even bigger one. The roof truss will be gone in front of The Dolman for a start.

Archived