IGNORED

Unbelievable

Phileas Fogg

I'm surprised at that Dollymarie, especially given your position within the Supporters Club and Trust.

Saying the stewards made no effort to stop anyone and left a gate open is no excuse.

And yet, despite this constant rule breaking her representation of the Supporters Club and Trust is way in excess of anything achieved during your Chairmanship of the Supporters Club, which only served to distance the club from the supporters it was supposed to be representing.

What a hideously sanctimonious post.

I'm surprised at that Dollymarie, especially given your position within the Supporters Club and Trust.

Saying the stewards made no effort to stop anyone and left a gate open is no excuse.

*rolls eyes*

How did I know someone would bring that up.

Still allowed to have fun y'know.

It's not for all and I fully accept that, but there are worse things that could happen at football

I Can understand young kids wanting to run on the pitch, but can't get my head around Adults doing it.

They run on...cheer...look at their mates...and then look like they don't know what to do next...sort of just wandering around...it's quiet amusing to watch actually.

IMO the 'law' on this is being completely misinterpreted by a few and the club.

The law that says supporters can't go on the pitch is clearly meant for streakers or troublemakers who run on to be aggressive/violent/intimidate.

AFTER the game has finished and in jubilation what is the problem with supporters running on the pitch?

Has any prosecution ever been successful against a fan running on the pitch with thousands of other fans in celebration?

Has a club ever been fined/deducted points for a celebratory pitch invasion?

I'd like to think if any such charges were brought they'd be strongly defended and/or laughed out of court.

I'm sure the police and FA have got much better things to be doing with their time.

It may be tradional, but if the FA phoned me up on Christmas Eve and asked me not to eat the turkey, or Bristol City would potentially lose the title etc, I wouldn't eat the turkey. Anyone who goes onto the pitch after that warning is a complete...........

That didn't happen though, there was no potential for us to lose the title as a result. Nothing will come of it.

I'm sure the police and FA have got much better things to be doing with their time.

To the best of my knowledge no celebratory pitch invasion after the final whistle has ever resulted in penalties for the club involved, which would suggest that they do indeed have better things to do.

All the same, the Club have to be SEEN to be doing their bit to discourage it as it is, technically, against the law.

Very honest of you so fair play and I'm sure 99.9% were there to enjoy the moment, however not everyone is like you and therefore the club/FA have clear policies about it to protect players, other fans and the club itself and therefore it doesn't make it ok. Fans need to respect that and accept that if they run on the pitch that it was worth any potential repercussions.

Why the stewards didn't stop people - well i guess only the club/those in charge of the stewards can answer that.

Why do people keep mentioning about the stewards? Surely it's common sense as to why they didn't stop people?

The people who entered the pitch was hundreds, possibly between 1000-2000 people. How many stewards were there?

They were completely out numbered and to try and stop people pouring on....when, let's be fair, it would of been a pointless effort due to the sheer numbers....would probally have caused more problems and increased the risk of injuries

And yet, despite this constant rule breaking her representation of the Supporters Club and Trust is way in excess of anything achieved during your Chairmanship of the Supporters Club, which only served to distance the club from the supporters it was supposed to be representing.

What a hideously sanctimonious post.

Lighten up!

It wasn't me who invaded the pitch.

Why do people keep mentioning about the stewards? Surely it's common sense as to why they didn't stop people?

The people who entered the pitch was hundreds, possibly between 1000-2000 people. How many stewards were there?

They were completely out numbered and to try and stop people pouring on....when, let's be fair, it would of been a pointless effort due to the sheer numbers....would probally have caused more problems and increased the risk of injuries

Apparently the stewards were already occupied punching children in the gob with smoke grenades.

Or something.

Absolutely 100% agree with you and realise this - i assume it was for safety reasons that they opened them - can you imagine the steward complaints if they didnt?

I went on the pitch, I was on for all of about 5 minutes.  I had a teenage fan with me, and she asked if we could go on, so I was happy to do so.  We sat in the centre circle and took our pictures, and then we got off the pitch again.  The stewards weren't stopping anyone, the gate by me in face was opened before we got there, and the stewards had not made any effort to close it.

Some people want to go on the pitch, some people don't, that's completely fine in my opinion.

Not often we get promoted and win the league.  Football is too santised these days, the club had to be seen to be requesting that people stay off the pitch, but they didn't exactly make it hard to get on there.

Dolly, this whole debate is not about opinions or whether any fans do or don't mind .The club have stated that fans should not go on the pitch, the FA has stated that the fans should not go on the pitch. Those aren't opinions.

Dolly, this whole debate is not about opinions or whether any fans do or don't mind .The club have stated that fans should not go on the pitch, the FA has stated that the fans should not go on the pitch. Those aren't opinions.

I think I'd struggle to find anybody who obeys the rules in life all of the time.

Then why were they there? getting in the way of my view of the pitch for the last ten minutes.

Then why were they there? getting in the way of my view of the pitch for the last ten minutes.

Try sitting in the Dolman! The stewards were fine, the big problem was I was trying to invade the pitch by navigating 'The Vortex' that some one had put in front of the stand.

I got evaporated.

Dronga Dronga.

(Note, this post will only appeal to people of a certain age).

I think I'd struggle to find anybody who obeys the rules in life all of the time.

The club have stated it's a criminal offence- they have told fans to stay off the pitch. It is also possible that the FA can take action.

I didn't make the rules and sometimes I can be jolly naughty but I'm gonna stick with the club on this one- especially as I don't own the pitch. 

If you feel fans should never be able to ever invade the pitch, than that is fair. But don't let your appreciation for Cotterill and the club sway your decision just because you feel indebted. I'm sorry if people are worried about letting the man down but its something he will just have to live with.

Archived