IGNORED

Unbelievable

Phileas Fogg

WHAT STEVE COTTERILL REALLY THOUGHT...

Someone raised the comments made by Steve Cotterill in the post-match press conference aired on Made In Bristol TV...

Q: Can you sum up what is was like going back onto the pitch with the players who deserve success, sharing it with the supporters? There was a little bit of a pitch invasion which you didn't want but once they cleared the pitch, everything must have gone well?

SC: I have to say I thought they were brilliant - the fans - because I understand them wanting to come on the pitch. Don't forget, you know, I want the players to go out and celebrate with them and to be able to enjoy it. Ummm. I understand them wanting to come onto the pitch, nothing wrong with that. I just have to say it but I wouldn't have any problem with any of 'em coming on the pitch if all of 'em had come on it. You just have to say it because you, you know, your safety people want you to say it as well really, don't they? So, but in the end I thought it worked out great, you know. Coming back in and then going back out on the pitch. It was fantastic you know. And you get another celebration out of that so we can we milk that for a little while.

LISTEN HERE: https://soundcloud.com/user749085420/steve-cotterill-on-pitch-invasion

This is a non-story. Seems like the people are getting a bit too precious on here about the fact some people ran onto the pitch and others didn't (or couldn't). 

I wonder how many people would have lost their minds if the pitch was full like in 2007 and 2008?

Agree with all of that. I am sure the club are not making up the bit in the first sentence of the link about being investigated. Just sensibly maybe saying it would help if we kept off second time, and a bit of covering their own backs, which actually I do understand.

Non story really.

The only thing we should be embarrassed about as supporter of this fine club, is not that we entered the field, but that so few of us did.

I'm fairly certain had the dolman not had the new roof blocking the entire length of the pitch then it probably would have been more like 2007..

To quote Cotts when asked about the pitch invasion.

"I wouldn't have a problem with any of them coming on the pitch, you just have to say it don't you, because the safety people want you to"

Yeah, but what does the supporters club think ... : /

No. Mods delete all evidence, let the high and mighty few continue to preach about how disrespectful we are to Cotts.

No...it just goes to prove how ****** up football is.

A manager say's one thing in the media...then on another programme say's....along the lines of.... 'I just had to say it to appease'...

So in other words ....Bullshit....and as I've said before....you can't believe half the things said by the 'Club'.

They say what they want, when it suits.

A manager say's one thing in the media...then on another programme say's....along the lines of.... 'I just had to say it to appease'...

So in other words ....Bullshit....and as I've said before....you can't believe half the things said by the 'Club'.

I'm not sure it's football per se, just the health and safety crusade; at least that's how I interpreted SC's comments.

I'm not sure it's football per se, just the health and safety crusade; at least that's how I interpreted SC's comments.

Yes...too true...but you can guarantee SC will be asked by the board not to make such an error again.

All well and good saying it...but then saying the opposite in the media is just plain stupid.

I do get the impression SC is full of bullshit and plays the game very well... GJ was another one.

Fair play to him...he'll go far.

IMO the 'law' on this is being completely misinterpreted by a few and the club.

The law that says supporters can't go on the pitch is clearly meant for streakers or troublemakers who run on to be aggressive/violent/intimidate.

AFTER the game has finished and in jubilation what is the problem with supporters running on the pitch?

Has any prosecution ever been successful against a fan running on the pitch with thousands of other fans in celebration?

Has a club ever been fined/deducted points for a celebratory pitch invasion?

I'd like to think if any such charges were brought they'd be strongly defended and/or laughed out of court.

I'm sure the police and FA have got much better things to be doing with their time.

In the old days we used to write "this" after such posts.

It's completely sensible and totally what I think.

No harm at all in celebrating on the pitch. You see pictures of it happening back as far as the early days of the sport. The sudden Elf and Safety mania is creating a problem where there never has been one.

A manager say's one thing in the media...then on another programme say's....along the lines of.... 'I just had to say it to appease'...

They say what they think they have to. Much like a certain licensee I know who will tell the authorities "no, of course I don't allow smoking in my pub!" When the lock-in starts and the curtains are drawn, different tale.

No need to make cheap anti club points on this issue, Spud.

In the old days we used to write "this" after such posts.

It's completely sensible and totally what I think.

No harm at all in celebrating on the pitch. You see pictures of it happening back as far as the early days of the sport. The sudden Elf and Safety mania is creating a problem where there never has been one.

This totally... and my last comment wasn't anti ;Club'...it was anti 'Clubs in general', who use the media to talk bullshit to the fans.

They all do it...not just BCFC.

Health and Safety has now become a joke.

Those people employed their, have to continually make new laws to keep the cogs moving and be employed.

It's the same as job centre employees...they want people unemployed...otherwise they have no job.

The media and football have become a Circus...you just have to read between the lines.

This totally... and my last comment wasn't anti ;Club'...it was anti 'Clubs in general', who use the media to talk bullshit to the fans.

They all do it...not just BCFC.

Health and Safety has now become a joke.

Those people employed their, have to continually make new laws to keep the cogs moving and be employed.

It's the same as job centre employees...they want people unemployed...otherwise they have no job.

The media and football have become a Circus...you just have to read between the lines.

Fair dos, mate. Apologies I misinterpreted your post.

Does anyone else get the impression the majority of our fanbase is to old, too boring, set in their ways, bunch of boring moaning bastards?

We have no young fans getting passionate about the club because every two minutes the fun police are telling everyone to behave themselves, well if you can't be yourself at football sit at home and watch sky sports like 90% of the other blokes in Bristol.

Does anyone else get the impression the majority of our fanbase is to old, too boring, set in their ways, bunch of boring moaning bastards?

We have no young fans getting passionate about the club because every two minutes the fun police are telling everyone to behave themselves, well if you can't be yourself at football sit at home and watch sky sports like 90% of the other blokes in Bristol.

Not just about age, Wolfie. Some of the most passionate advocates of "do as you're bloody well told" are youngsters themselves and some of those who want more freedom are old farts like myself.

Does anyone seriously believe that the intention of the legislation was to stop supporters celebrating promotion on their home pitch?

And if so, whose idea was that?

The notion that one of the most prominent and respected supporters that the club has is acting in a criminally irresponsible way by having her photo taken on the pitch after we've won promotion strikes me as preposterous.

Next time you're in the centre circle Dolls I'll come over and introduce myself.

That's a good way to keep her off the pitch!

I don't think the club themselves minded nether did the manager but the can't be seen to encourage it hence the warning,

it is against the law to enter the field of play after all,

We will get a slap on the wrist a possible fine that will be it, but the club can't sit by and do nothing as it would be possible that the FA come down harder if the club didn't

Archived