IGNORED

Unbelievable

Phileas Fogg

Good God. I gave up after about page 3 of the Dollymarie pitch invasion show.

Does it really matter who went on the pitch and why they did it?

I would suggest, in light of the recent charge against Reading for the same celebratory 'offence', the FA's reaction has been entirely predictable. That's fine, the club will get a ticking off and the fans who wanted to go on the pitch have had their 5 minutes of fun. No real harm done.

Let's all just stay off there for the Walsall game though, yeah?

Does anyone else get the impression the majority of our fanbase is to old, too boring, set in their ways, bunch of boring moaning bastards?

We have no young fans getting passionate about the club because every two minutes the fun police are telling everyone to behave themselves, well if you can't be yourself at football sit at home and watch sky sports like 90% of the other blokes in Bristol.

Old, set in our ways, bunch of moaning bastards?

I'd argue that most of us are mature, experienced and sensible which tends to develop as we age.

For the record I invaded the pitch once after City won promotion in 1976. As far as I recall there were no announcements asking us not to invade the pitch......

...oh bugger, so presumably my pop-up tent and disposable BBQ won't be welcomed on the pitch at the end of this seasons play then?

I'd hoped we could all have had a bit of munch and a drink together in a 'pre-Flinty party' picnic..

Might turn it into an anti-killjoy football authority protest now then... Everyone bring yer tents let's set up a sit-it demo camp... Hopefully we'll get support from Brummy fans who can throw sausages over the top of the stands onto the pitch for us, we'll be getting peckish after a day or two!

'All we are saying is 'don't kill our joy'...altogether now, .... 'All we are sayin...... '

Old, set in our ways, bunch of moaning bastards?

I'd argue that most of us are mature, experienced and sensible which tends to develop as we age.

For the record I invaded the pitch once after City won promotion in 1976. As far as I recall there were no announcements asking us not to invade the pitch......

Would a mature, experienced and sensible person continually respond 'zzzzzz' or 'who cares', particularly on threads with a number of responses and it being clear just who cares: being those who previously have taken time to post?

Would a mature, experienced and sensible person dig out DollyM for her actions due to her association with the supporters club when their own tenure was littered with, at best, questionable actions?

Would a mature, experienced and sensible person's seemingly main purpose in coming on here be to fish for controversies?

Something to ponder.

With a general election coming up is could be a vote winner for all the parties - let's get tough on the thugs that are ruining football. We could make cut backs in the police budget to catch paedophiles, muggers and rapists and divert the money to a special police force tasked with stopping celebrations on the pitch. There are easy arrests of Robbored for confessing to an invasion in 76 and Dolly for confessing to invading at the weekend.

Using new digital technology it should be possible to identify those Hereford fans from the Ronnie's Radford cup tie, those that are still alive should face justice. Using the club shop and the images they produced after the Rotherham game we should be able to identify and arrest those supporters.

Yes it will be time consuming and very expensive, it may even involved an increase in income tax and the building of extra prisons, but I for one will sleep easier at night knowing there is no chance of any good natured celebrations on a football pitch from this day on.

About half the posters on this thread will be a tad embarrassed listening to that.

Fair play SC.

Doubt it - most were so holier than thou I expect SC to kop it before they feel any sense of embarrassment.

Not really, most people had assumed it anyway.

I also assumed it as well...but it's still a stupid thing to say, especially since that interview, the Club have put a message up on their site regarding going on the pitch and FA investigating.

It's unprofessional on his part.

It's fine to be relaxed about it...and it's great that people had fun.

However... H&S, however much we dislike it, is there for a reason, and it passes law, to which the Club and fans have to obey.

Nothing went wrong...but if it did...then what?

It's always ok, until something goes wrong.

It's like texting whilst driving...you think you'll be fine, because you've never had an accident....then one day, it goes wrong and you kill someone.

Having been in an uncontrolled crowd, all happy and celebrating before, but then seeing someone fall and have a heart attack and die before me...being trampled on because people thought he was drunk...is a memory engraved on my mind.

Like I said...fine when going well...but when it goes wrong, it can be horrible.

Does anyone else get the impression the majority of our fanbase is to old, too boring, set in their ways, bunch of boring moaning bastards?

We have no young fans getting passionate about the club because every two minutes the fun police are telling everyone to behave themselves, well if you can't be yourself at football sit at home and watch sky sports like 90% of the other blokes in Bristol.

It does seem to be an 'older' fan base to be fair, not sure why. 

Would a mature, experienced and sensible person continually respond 'zzzzzz' or 'who cares', particularly on threads with a number of responses and it being clear just who cares: being those who previously have taken time to post?

Would a mature, experienced and sensible person dig out DollyM for her actions due to her association with the supporters club when their own tenure was littered with, at best, questionable actions?

Would a mature, experienced and sensible person's seemingly main purpose in coming on here be to fish for controversies?

Something to ponder.

Would a mature person be confronted by a former manager only to deny bei... Oh, never mind.

It does on here for certain. Lots of the most regular posters are senior I think.

At games though it seems more mixed, I'm not sure this site is an accurate cross-section of our support.

At actual games I mean. Certainly aint yoof heavy. 

Actually thinking about it, we don't seem to have many 17-24 year old lads at games. It's like the club skipped that age group. We have plenty of young kids, hopefully in 10 years they'll still be there!

Didn't the club bin off the quid a kid season tickets for what would have been around that 'generation'?

One other thing to bear in mind is, cheers Labour, a significant majority of those around that age will be away at University. Also the club did bin off the cheap season tickets for a lot of that age category recently, could have been a question of cost.

Actually thinking about it, we don't seem to have many 17-24 year old lads at games. It's like the club skipped that age group. We have plenty of young kids, hopefully in 10 years they'll still be there!

they've all been banned for causing an arguement in cardiff.....

Lets be honest we all commit public order offences when singing songs at games or even at railway stations pubs etc. Some even commit the offence of entering a ground whilst drunk. To then moan that people are breaking the law for entering the pitch is ridiculous. I'm sure this law wasn't designed to stop exuberant celebrations but more to stop streakers and thise who randomly decide to assault players.

As I've previously said I love a good old fashioned pitch invasions. At the Rotherham game I loved all the fans on the pitch and the players and management up in the Williams celebrating.

I live watching pitch invasions on TV too. The Man City one was brilliant. Would love to see the same happen at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge but football has started to become too sterile.

To then moan that people are breaking the law for entering the pitch is ridiculous. I'm sure this law wasn't designed to stop exuberant celebrations but more to stop streakers and thise who randomly decide to assault players.

Indeed - if they are breaking the law in the first place, an accussation with which I have serious doubts.

Obviousl in hindsight I guess, Cotterill and the club couldn't be seen to condone as many others have said. Personally pitch invasion is no big issue I don't think, Cotterill's views on it other day were common sense and you know Rotherham 07 people dancing on the pitch. Palace 08 wonderful wonderful celebrations, see absolutely no problem with it but way football is now, way moral panic brigade are well you gotta say the 'right' stuff...

Easiest thing to do. If you have politely pointed out it is illegal.... Than get fined. Use cctv to pick all faces out on the pitch divide the fine by that number and pass names and address on and hand out fines.

No one has anything to complain about then.

Fans who want to get on the pitch get on the pitch. FA get paid. The club or SL do not incur the cost.

Everyone is happy then surely?

To make things even more unbelievable some on here are accusing the club of writing propaganda. Ffs.......

Robbo, before the game DL announced that SC and the players had specifically requested that fans stay off the pitch. Do you really believe that the players specifically requested this, and the announcement was not bullshit?

Robbo, before the game DL announced that SC and the players had specifically requested that fans stay off the pitch. Do you really believe that the players specifically requested this, and the announcement was not bullshit?

I was referring to the comments on here regarding the club posting on the main site saying they were facing an investigation because of the pitch invasion. I was not referring to the pre match announcement.

I was referring to the comments on here regarding the club posting on the main site saying they were facing an investigation because of the pitch invasion. I was not referring to the pre match announcement.

And the point I was making is that if they are prepared to lie to the fans, they are probably prepared to put propaganda on the main site.

It does on here for certain. Lots of the most regular posters are senior I think.

At games though it seems more mixed, I'm not sure this site is an accurate cross-section of our support.

I think the fan base of most clubs is getting older. In the Prem League, it's because of cost and in the lower leagues it's because youngsters only want to be associated with success. It's not so bad at BCFC as at many clubs but I remember at Shrewsbury last season being aware that the average age of their fans seemed to be about 50. Around here in West Dorset most young people who are keen on football claim to support a Prem League club, even though they have never been to their ground. To support their local side, were it to be Yeovil or Exeter would definitely be uncool.

I think the fan base of most clubs is getting older. In the Prem League, it's because of cost and in the lower leagues it's because youngsters only want to be associated with success.

Not wrong. Most of my mates back here supported glamourous PL clubs...Man U,Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, odd Spurs one also and even the likes of Newcastle and Villa...but the last two really stand out as Newcastle have won nowt since 60s and erm Villa well he has no connection to Birmingham and they aren't exactly tearing it up. Factor in odd other club for family reasons, I only know a handful who support either Bristol club.

• Admin

Could you provide me with the link to the FA site where this charge is mentioned please?

In fact can you point me to anywhere other than our OS where this is mentioned please?

Could you provide me with the link to the FA site where this charge is mentioned please?

In fact can you point me to anywhere other than our OS where this is mentioned please?

we haven't been charged just under an investigation,

we will prob be charged because Reading and Villa have for the same issue

During the 60's and early 70's, whenever a Welsh side visited the gate, inevitably a chant of Aberfan-Aberfan-Aberfan was started by the East End. Result- mass brawl.

The pitch was regularly invaded during big matches, every time we scored, usually incorporating some encouragement to the away support to come and join them on the pitch.

If Dolly had been seen anywhere in the East End she would have been instructed to get her mammaries out for the lads.

All these things happened regularly and I do not remember any newspaper campaigns, FA rulings or football club reactions in trying to get them stopped.

However, things have moved on and what was acceptable, is now deemed to be not.

Pitch invasions (who first called it that?) are a relic of the football experience that has now passed and will disappear completely over the coming years. Accept it!

• Admin

we haven't been charged just under an investigation,

we will prob be charged because Reading and Villa have for the same issue

Nope, Reading and Villa were charged as they went on during their games and their supporters went at the opposition support with aggresive intent.

Both situations completely different to what we witnessed last Saturday

Archived