IGNORED

Megaphone?

James

Megaphone  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On this topic and indeed drums, both are effective and boost an atmosphere if they are used my someone competent, in the case of a megaphone by someone who understands speed of songs and is not going to get ratty. With drums it must be played by someone who can play a drum and not some bloke whos been on the rob at his local boys brigade.

Both should be based at the FRONT of the stand like a conductor. If you want to bring a megaphone and have the balls to stand in front of all those fans and do it then fairplay and go for it. If enough like minded people get involved, then different people can lead different chants like the barmy army.

It should be added that we Brits often look at atmospheres in Germany, Poland and other places and ask why we can't be like them whilst turning our noses up at megaphones and drums. Embrace it 

On this topic and indeed drums, both are effective and boost an atmosphere if they are used my someone competent, in the case of a megaphone by someone who understands speed of songs and is not going to get ratty. With drums it must be played by someone who can play a drum and not some bloke whos been on the rob at his local boys brigade.

Both should be based at the FRONT of the stand like a conductor. If you want to bring a megaphone and have the balls to stand in front of all those fans and do it then fairplay and go for it. If enough like minded people get involved, then different people can lead different chants like the barmy army.

It should be added that we Brits often look at atmospheres in Germany, Poland and other places and ask why we can't be like them whilst turning our noses up at megaphones and drums. Embrace it 

Couldn't really have put it better myself. On a personal note, I'd have no issue standing at the front/back/wherever to get it going.

I like the idea but not enough people will join in and you'll end up getting grief from people like drummer bloke did.

We don't have that kind of fanatical support where it works, city's fans on the whole are quite reserved. Even in the 'singing' areas people don't get involved, it's because it's the cheapest not because they want to make noise.

I've seen one used when watching Aussie Football, (proper football not rules stuff)on tv. It works well but the person with the megaphone seems to be on a platform at the edge of the pitch facing the crowd. He has his back to the game nearly all game. Not sure if anyone would want to do this?

I like the idea but not enough people will join in and you'll end up getting grief from people like drummer bloke did.

We don't have that kind of fanatical support where it works, city's fans on the whole are quite reserved. Even in the 'singing' areas people don't get involved, it's because it's the cheapest not because they want to make noise.

This has been my concern from the outset (on the 'singing section' in general not the megaphone question), I get the impression generally that its now the majority that head to these sections do so to say they are in with the 'ultra's' of our fan base (or for the cheaper ticket) but don't actually contribute the majority of the time.

We've had an unbelievable season on the pitch but I'm sure most will agree, Swindon & West Ham games aside, that the atmosphere has been flat at best a lot of the time.

I have no doubt that the return of being next to the away fans next season will help no end with the atmosphere however that will also spell the return of the natural netter/corner divide. Which inevitably will lead to different songs being sung at the same time and (sometimes more annoyingly) the same songs being sung at different speeds which just sounds atrocious IMO.

My thoughts being with a megaphone that if/when the timings slip it can be used to bring people back into unison etc.

This has been my concern from the outset (on the 'singing section' in general not the megaphone question), I get the impression generally that its now the majority that head to these sections do so to say they are in with the 'ultra's' of our fan base (or for the cheaper ticket) but don't actually contribute the majority of the time.

We've had an unbelievable season on the pitch but I'm sure most will agree, Swindon & West Ham games aside, that the atmosphere has been flat at best a lot of the time.

I have no doubt that the return of being next to the away fans next season will help no end with the atmosphere however that will also spell the return of the natural netter/corner divide. Which inevitably will lead to different songs being sung at the same time and (sometimes more annoyingly) the same songs being sung at different speeds which just sounds atrocious IMO.

My thoughts being with a megaphone that if/when the timings slip it can be used to bring people back into unison etc.

You can shout at people going too fast and pick on people who don't join in.

I am normally a no for things like this. But having seen it in operation... And it is orchestrated properly I personally think it is great and would happily welcome it.

Got to be something done atmosphere died on its arse a years ago at the gate apart from a handful of games in the past 20 years.

Added bonus, of fans don't follow suit with the megaphone man they all look arses to the away fans, so hopefully it may actually encourage singing to more than the few faithful that try to create an atmosphere.

You can shout at people going too fast and pick on people who don't join in.

:laughcont: I've no doubt this was said tongue in cheek but on a serious note, as mentioned above, I'm well aware that personal insults would certainly be out of the question regardless of one's opinion!

I would be interested to know whether the majority that have voted for Yes/No will be in the Atyeo next season and are voting based on whether or not they would join in or not? Or if they will be in other sections of the ground.

If I'd thought of it earlier I would have amended the Answers to offer this reflection.

I would be interested to know whether the majority that have voted for Yes/No will be in the Atyeo next season and are voting based on whether or not they would join in or not? Or if they will be in other sections of the ground.

If I'd thought of it earlier I would have amended the Answers to offer this reflection.

im in the atyeo next season and voted yes if used correctly.cant do any harm trying it,i think ot will be alot better than e block has been

I reckon it's quality in Europe when some nutter conducts the crowd at the front with a microphone. Thing is the crowd are 100% up for it. Could work if that section of the crowd are all 'ultras' will never work unless everyone's game. Also the banter has to be good and not abusive in any way

I thought we only had 2 ultras, and they were both in the Dolman!

Archived