IGNORED

Megaphone?

James

Megaphone  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hopefully this could help to people learning songs properly. For instance people always sing "up the football here we go" and "I O I O We are the City Boys" when really its "up the football LEAGUE we go" and "Hello. Hello. We are the City boys" slight annoyance of mine. Please correct me if I'm wrong but these are the versions I was brought up to know and the other versions make no sense at all.

You could print approved lyrics out for next season, or make one of they 'app' things the kids like.

I dunno. Maybe it would be best to have it right from the start. What I have learned at Ashton Gate is people do not like change. If a drum etc is suddenly introduved that has upset a lot of people. If there is a megaphone and drum from the start people may be a bit more tolerant towards it rather than having a few games without it and then suddenly introducing it.

I think things such as a drum and a megaphone can be great to lift the crowd and unite a stand. However it has to be used ib the absolute correct manner. Most will agree that at times now and in the past various drummers have got a little excited or just banged the hell out of it. Megaphone man was also quality however he also got a bit excited at times and he ended up pissing off a lot of people (there is a lot of sensitive people at the gate)

As long as it's used correctly then it gets my vote.

I don't want to see people being shouted at or someone moaning at people for not joining in and what I want to see is when the atmosphere is flat it's used to get things going but when the gate is rocking it's put down. Same for the drum imo.

But James seems to be saying all the right things and doesnt come accross as someone whos going to hurl abuse for 90 mins or use it like an excitable child. So give him a chance I say.

If there is only one point that people take from my 'proposal', then I would like it to be that your sentiment (highlighted above) very much mirrors my own thoughts and therefore my intentions - to pick the crowd up when it needs it and stand back and get a sore throat with the rest of you when it doesn't.

I loved the megaphone in the EE.It was a great laugh.I am in the Atyeo this year and would be happy to see it given a chance.Good luck James!Do you know the words to Threshing Machine?

Cheers Slacker.

And yes I do indeed!

We are British, therefore it's a NO.

I only said this because I didn't think it was allowed? Just a little dig to the British culture regarding this sort of stuff at football.

I'm in the Atyeo and it would be yes from me, only if its used properly. Fair play for the idea and I hope it goes well!

James,does yours have the police siren?Used to love hearing that when the opposition keeper was taking a goal kick.Anyone remember who the keeper was that got a steward to confiscate it?Still laugh about that now.Absolutely brilliant times,hope we can recreate some of that atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZvgYGSP8k

Love that, haven't heard the whole version before. Would be great if that gets sung more!

With long, unique and wordy songs like that - what would people's thoughts be on song sheets? I appreciate they aren't to everyone's taste, but with such an out the box song like that with so many words, they may help more people join in?

Was at a Mangotsfield Utd game earlier in season when one third of the away fans ( there were 3 of them) brought along a megaphone to orchestrate the remaining two thirds. It was a valiant effort but after about 55 mins I became totally sick of hearing the guy's amplified voice. If that happened at the Gate, I think I'd feel equally nauseated even though it was from the side I supported. I am not alone in this

There is always more than one way to crack a nut. Surely, the less irritating option would be to supply all the crowd and the players with ear trumpets so that any sound at the Gate would be amplified but only to those who opted into the scheme by placing the trumpet to their ear. 

Archived