IGNORED

Megaphone?

James

Megaphone  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am normally a no for things like this. But having seen it in operation... And it is orchestrated properly I personally think it is great and would happily welcome it.

Got to be something done atmosphere died on its arse a years ago at the gate apart from a handful of games in the past 20 years.

Added bonus, of fans don't follow suit with the megaphone man they all look arses to the away fans, so hopefully it may actually encourage singing to more than the few faithful that try to create an atmosphere.

The atmosphere at AG did die long ago which is a travesty but Instead of trying to force it should we just accept we are just a family style club like reading? We just don't have that kind of fanatical fan base.

I have seen a steward carrying a megaphone around on match days. Perhaps we could ask him to start a few chants off. "Cotterill says stay off the pitch, stay of the pitch, stay of the pitch...."

I have seen the original megaphone bloke about a month ago in the Williams. Not too sure if he would be up for it anymore though.

I have voted yes because I really like the threshing machine song.

The megaphone was ok for a short period of time however in 2007 as city started to look like getting promotion the megaphone user liked a little too many of the angry apple to celebrate and it got a bit like drunk del boy singing in the street and starting a riot..

If used correctly it can work but i would leave it for a few home games and wait and see how the stand and fans evolve in to it as it will be new.

I dunno a few are in other stands.

those who used Megaphone regularly with agreement from FC next season - Dolman, Brisbane and non season ticket holder[?].

Any individual beyond that highlights how agreements were formerly not adhered to e.g. One person, one place in stand corner of G/H.The clubs experience there was not always a positive one.

those who used Megaphone regularly with agreement from FC next season - Dolman, Brisbane and non season ticket holder[?].

Any individual beyond that highlights how agreements were formerly not adhered to e.g. One person, one place in stand corner of G/H.The clubs experience there was not always a positive one.

. I know about the agreement as I was part.of the meetings. So anyone wanting to do this should talk to those in the stand and the club. I think it should be left alone until fans find their feet in these stands.

. I know about the agreement as I was part.of the meetings. So anyone wanting to do this should talk to those in the stand and the club. I think it should be left alone until fans find their feet in these stands.

I have contacted DL to gauge the clubs current position on the subject and will take from there as to whether it's worth perusing further within the stand.

i thought the use of megaphones/amplified noise by the crowd was banned in the UK? I'm sure I read that somewhere before

Agree though that having an orchestrator (or a "capo" as they are known on the continent) could work, but needs everyone to be onside

The atmosphere at AG did die long ago which is a travesty but Instead of trying to force it should we just accept we are just a family style club like reading? We just don't have that kind of fanatical fan base.

Atmosphere has been poor this season but I wouldn't go that far - we're quite a way off being anything like Reading. It takes a mixture of club openness and willing volunteers to make an atmosphere. Look at what happened at Palace, they were never a renowned noisy ground before.

Check out Japanese baseball, a drummer (you know a proper one with a massive drum between his legs) and a guy with a mic, they don't see the game and are on pedestals looking back at the stand. Very odd but very amusing, also keeps the crowd going whilst the rounders lasts about 4 flaming hours.

Bollocks!

We're nowhere near in that league of clubs atmosphere wise. There's some bite in Ashton Gate where there isn't in a lot of stadiums elsewhere.

Bollocks!

We're nowhere near in that league of clubs atmosphere wise. There's some bite in Ashton Gate where there isn't in a lot of stadiums elsewhere.

Sorry but I think a lot of people are in denial. Bar a few games this season the atmosphere has been awful, we have pockets yes, but we are no where near as noisy as we'd like to tell ourselves.

Our away support though is superb.

Sorry but I think a lot of people are in denial. Bar a few games this season the atmosphere has been awful, we have pockets yes, but we are no where near as noisy as we'd like to tell ourselves.

Oh I agree about this season, it's been embarrassing. Not helped by singers being as far away from away support as poss, open end etc.

My point was more about general fan mentality, Bristol City fans aren't comparable with the likes of Reading/Watford/MK and other vanilla clubs in my opinion.

Oh I agree about this season, it's been embarrassing. Not helped by singers being as far away from away support as poss, open end etc.

My point was more about general fan mentality, Bristol City fans aren't comparable with the likes of Reading/Watford/MK and other vanilla clubs in my opinion.

Like most clubs you mean? Most clubs have their most vocal element opposite the away fans, not next to it.

Sadly it all comes down to one point....people who choose to pay on the day....the mob or call it what you will....my people, the ones who decide on a saturday morning....beers...natch.....footy....av a shout up...it's all gone now, we need to go online to have a row  :fear:

Like most clubs you mean? Most clubs have their most vocal element opposite the away fans, not next to it.

True but I think that was what helped the east end work well the last few years, sharing that stand with away support.

Bit of a change for them to be shoved in a corner as far away as possible.

I dunno. Maybe it would be best to have it right from the start. What I have learned at Ashton Gate is people do not like change. If a drum etc is suddenly introduved that has upset a lot of people. If there is a megaphone and drum from the start people may be a bit more tolerant towards it rather than having a few games without it and then suddenly introducing it.

I think things such as a drum and a megaphone can be great to lift the crowd and unite a stand. However it has to be used ib the absolute correct manner. Most will agree that at times now and in the past various drummers have got a little excited or just banged the hell out of it. Megaphone man was also quality however he also got a bit excited at times and he ended up pissing off a lot of people (there is a lot of sensitive people at the gate)

As long as it's used correctly then it gets my vote.

I don't want to see people being shouted at or someone moaning at people for not joining in and what I want to see is when the atmosphere is flat it's used to get things going but when the gate is rocking it's put down. Same for the drum imo.

But James seems to be saying all the right things and doesnt come accross as someone whos going to hurl abuse for 90 mins or use it like an excitable child. So give him a chance I say.

I dunno. Maybe it would be best to have it right from the start. What I have learned at Ashton Gate is people do not like change. If a drum etc is suddenly introduved that has upset a lot of people. If there is a megaphone and drum from the start people may be a bit more tolerant towards it rather than having a few games without it and then suddenly introducing it.

I think things such as a drum and a megaphone can be great to lift the crowd and unite a stand. However it has to be used ib the absolute correct manner. Most will agree that at times now and in the past various drummers have got a little excited or just banged the hell out of it. Megaphone man was also quality however he also got a bit excited at times and he ended up pissing off a lot of people (there is a lot of sensitive people at the gate)

As long as it's used correctly then it gets my vote.

I don't want to see people being shouted at or someone moaning at people for not joining in and what I want to see is when the atmosphere is flat it's used to get things going but when the gate is rocking it's put down. Same for the drum imo.

But James seems to be saying all the right things and doesnt come accross as someone whos going to hurl abuse for 90 mins or use it like an excitable child. So give him a chance I say.

Ok i am open to the idea (as i like to help and i will be in that stand) if it is used properly but you will need to talk to the club about it same with any drum,

Hopefully this could help to people learning songs properly. For instance people always sing "up the football here we go" and "I O I O We are the City Boys" when really its "up the football LEAGUE we go" and "Hello. Hello. We are the City boys" slight annoyance of mine. Please correct me if I'm wrong but these are the versions I was brought up to know and the other versions make no sense at all.

Hopefully this could help to people learning songs properly. For instance people always sing "up the football here we go" and "I O I O We are the City Boys" when really its "up the football LEAGUE we go" and "Hello. Hello. We are the City boys" slight annoyance of mine. Please correct me if I'm wrong but these are the versions I was brought up to know and the other versions make no sense at all.

We sing the first one :)

Archived