IGNORED

Matt Smith

Coombsy

Thought Mat did well for us, although at times not sure we started going  a bit long ball, which was the only negative.

I just hope we go for some of the best players in league 1 who are hungry for the step up and not a bunch of big time charlies who are doing us a favour and swapping championships clubs to play for BCFC. Think with Cotts record last year, we will go and pick off the best L1 players again.

Matt Smith scored goals for City in the JPT cup and League 1 and was one of the few loan players that actually made a difference. However, the question is can he do it on a regular basis in the Championship?

Clearly Symmonds doesn't think so.

he's already done it in the championship for leeds

IMO Matt Smith is a much better player than Chris Woods.. Matt is a real target man who is happy to 'wipe out' defenders in his attempt to get to the ball.

Ive only ever seen 2 target men at City in my time who are prepared to regularly put their bodies on the line like Matt and that's Joe Jordan and Robbie Turner... and if Matt wants to come back I for one would be delighted.. (he's also good at defending corners!)

Have to agree. With him and flint at free kicks and corners it must be intimidating.

Now if they could jump and head a ball as well as Leroy Rosenior they would be almost unplayable

Thought Mat did well for us, although at times not sure we started going  a bit long ball, which was the only negative.

I just hope we go for some of the best players in league 1 who are hungry for the step up and not a bunch of big time charlies who are doing us a favour and swapping championships clubs to play for BCFC. Think with Cotts record last year, we will go and pick off the best L1 players again.

If that is all we do we will end up with a slightly better L1 team - we are looking for a major step up

Players attitude and how they get on with the rest of the squad clearly has a lot of sway with Cotts and in that respect I'd suggest Smith has at least one big tick next to his name

Not sure there's too many target men in the Matt Smith mould to choose from

From what I've seen / heard about him it's a yes from me if we can add him

Sam vokes is OOC at Burnley I believe and at 25 would be a useful alternative to Matt Smith in as much as he probably won't command as much in wages or transfer fee...sure there would be competition from other championship clubs but didn't Cotterill sign him for Burnley from Wolves and he's been at city before on loan as well? Could be a shout?

Sam vokes is OOC at Burnley I believe and at 25 would be a useful alternative to Matt Smith in as much as he probably won't command as much in wages or transfer fee...sure there would be competition from other championship clubs but didn't Cotterill sign him for Burnley from Wolves and he's been at city before on loan as well? Could be a shout?

Okay so you think a player who has played a number of games in the Premier League this season won't command much in wages ????? Sam Vokes is probably on 20000-30000 a week. 

As for Matt Smith, he won't be cheap if we want him. Fulham paid 500K for him and he has another 2 years on his contract, so it would cost us at least what they paid for him, to get them to sell. Also I could quite believe he would be on 16K a week, so if we did agree a fee with Fulham if he took less money to come to us, Fulham would have to honour the difference from his previous contract to him and I can't see them doing that and can't see us paying anyone 16K a week.

There will be better options than Matt Smith and with us promoted Fulham would be less keen to sell or loan him to us, now we are in the same division. 

Okay so you think a player who has played a number of games in the Premier League this season won't command much in wages ????? Sam Vokes is probably on 20000-30000 a week.

As for Matt Smith, he won't be cheap if we want him. Fulham paid 500K for him and he has another 2 years on his contract, so it would cost us at least what they paid for him, to get them to sell. Also I could quite believe he would be on 16K a week, so if we did agree a fee with Fulham if he took less money to come to us, Fulham would have to honour the difference from his previous contract to him and I can't see them doing that and can't see us paying anyone 16K a week.

There will be better options than Matt Smith and with us promoted Fulham would be less keen to sell or loan him to us, now we are in the same division.

Hahahaha there is no chance vokes will be on anymore than 13000k a week

I agree those figures quoted for Batten/Stead/Harrold are bonkers....but so is saying Vokes is on 20-30 grand a week at Burnley IMO

None of us know for sure who earns what, the best we can do is guess.....I just thought I'd put Vokes name out there as a possible alternative to Matt Smith and see what people thought

I agree those figures quoted for Batten/Stead/Harrold are bonkers....but so is saying Vokes is on 20-30 grand a week at Burnley IMO

None of us know for sure who earns what, the best we can do is guess.....I just thought I'd put Vokes name out there as a possible alternative to Matt Smith and see what people thought

Indeed. The wages spouted by those itk is quite funny. Only people who will know are HR and the player... Maybe at a push his manager.

Still no-one has guessed my monthly salary correctly :) so chances their guess on a footballers salary are massively wide of the mark.

Endorsements and sponsorship makes a big difference to many players salary... And is why many accept reserve team football in the prem as these endorsements tend to bottom out when you drop down a level.

A useless site that says Jack Batten was earning similar numbers to Jon Stead during his time with us. Bonkers.

http://sportsearning.com/2013/03/15/jack-batten-salary-monthly-and-annual-income-of-jack-batten-footballer/

http://sportsearning.com/2013/03/15/jon-stead-salary-or-income/

And Matt Harrold was earning more than Stead...

http://sportsearning.com/2013/05/26/matt-harrold-salary/

Fabian Broghammer half a million a year at the gas in 2013  :laughcont:

I like it when people have a genuine go at something hard to discover such as what players are actually on.

I don't like it when they do it by throwing darts into a dartboard.

The salaries quoted when I used to play Championship Manager always seemed pretty well research and tallied with those that were reported in the press (maybe same source.....) so if somebody is currently playing this or the equivalent maybe they could look these players' salaries up.

Fabian Broghammer half a million a year at the gas in 2013  :laughcont:

I like it when people have a genuine go at something hard to discover such as what players are actually on.

I don't like it when they do it by throwing darts into a dartboard.

The salaries quoted when I used to play Championship Manager always seemed pretty well research and tallied with those that were reported in the press (maybe same source.....) so if somebody is currently playing this or the equivalent maybe they could look these players' salaries up.

FM15 puts Vokes on 12.5k p/w and Matt Smith on 15k, which is probably where the purported figure has come from. 

Anyone who thinks Matt Smith of the Championship is on more money than a first teamer in a Premier League side is completely off their rocker.

TBF Fulham were/are on an established PL budget where as Burnley were in the championship for the previous 4. It's not entirely out of the question. 

Archived