IGNORED

Matt Smith

Coombsy

Indeed. The wages spouted by those itk is quite funny. Only people who will know are HR and the player... Maybe at a push his manager.

Still no-one has guessed my monthly salary correctly :) so chances their guess on a footballers salary are massively wide of the mark.

Endorsements and sponsorship makes a big difference to many players salary... And is why many accept reserve team football in the prem as these endorsements tend to bottom out when you drop down a level.

With respect...Scouts and Agents find out players wages, as part and parcel of their job.

I think you underestimate a few people on here, that will have access to this information, because of their involvement within the game.

Just because they post on here, it doesn't mean they are guessing.

I'm not saying who they are before you ask.

As far as I can see though, they have chosen not to comment.

Are they still though?

I reckon most teams have relegation clauses in contracts, also Fulham signed Smith after relegation.

I'm not sure, I just didn't think that it could be out of the question that Matt Smith could be on more than a Burnley player considering each teams recent history and possible operating budgets.

Agreed they are both totally different kind of strikers, however you can compare them based on which you feel had a more positive impact on the team. In the short while Smith was here, he was influential in keeping our promotion push alive, Agard has only started properly showing his hand since the Swindon game....

So therefore I feel that I would take Smith over Agard. That isn't being negative towards Agard, just feel Matt had a lot more to offer all round

I like Matt Smith but am not of the opinion that adding him in the summer will be a great idea. I saw all of the games that he played this year, home and away, and even though he scored goals what was obvious was that the team played differently when he was in the side. Much more direct. It was even more evident when Wilbs was back in the squad, more mobility up front both in attack and in defence. Nothing wrong with height but we need to maintain is our mobilty.

Watching Bournemuff was a bit of an eye opener, no target man up front, strong yes but also very quick and mobile, I think this is what is required to get past some of the more static defences in the Championship.

Sure Cotts and co know more than me so we shall see what turns up in the summer.

I like Matt Smith but am not of the opinion that adding him in the summer will be a great idea. I saw all of the games that he played this year, home and away, and even though he scored goals what was obvious was that the team played differently when he was in the side. Much more direct. It was even more evident when Wilbs was back in the squad, more mobility up front both in attack and in defence. Nothing wrong with height but we need to maintain is our mobilty.

Watching Bournemuff was a bit of an eye opener, no target man up front, strong yes but also very quick and mobile, I think this is what is required to get past some of the more static defences in the Championship.

Sure Cotts and co know more than me so we shall see what turns up in the summer.

I've had that a lot this season from Bournemouth fans down here.  All of the have commented on how similar we are in terms of playing style.  Brett Pitmann anyone? ;) 

If Matt Smith is prepared to come back, and have reasonable wage, we should go for him As for Bradshaw is at the end of the day another L1 player. Do we want another. GJ's problem is he bought L1 players once in the Championship...and we paid the price long term.

Cotts will doubtless have targets, probably ones hes worked with before or have the work ethic the current team has

Also I suspect we'll have our signings (whoever they are) by the Botswana trip to ensure the spirit stays the same

If Matt Smith is prepared to come back, and have reasonable wage, we should go for him As for Bradshaw is at the end of the day another L1 player. Do we want another. GJ's problem is he bought L1 players once in the Championship...and we paid the price long term.

Cotts will doubtless have targets, probably ones hes worked with before or have the work ethic the current team has

Also I suspect we'll have our signings (whoever they are) by the Botswana trip to ensure the spirit stays the same

But is Matt Smith a championship player? Leeds shunted him out, Fulham shunted him out and neither have been successful during his time there and he spends a lot of the time on the bench now back at Fulham.

To me, he was too good in the box for the 1st division but, he just isn't good enough running the channels. It's ok if you have a team creating lots of crosses and slower build up play but, I feel we were fortunate to get through the period without the more mobile strikers, when we reverted to lumping the ball into the box. Our build up play was not as fluent, and it had an adverse effect on the wing backs, who had to slow their game. I'm for a more mobile strike force that stretches team all over the park.

Leed's sold him for a hefty amount, their fans would love him back.

At Fulham he's just not wanted by the manager. He's scored quite a few goals in recent games for them but Symons doesn't want to play him for some reason or another.

I'm sure a lot would take him back but I wouldn't, not a great Championship player.

He scored 13 for City in a non chance producing 2nd tier team so he'd no doubt be our top scorer in the Championship if he came back.

But that boat has long sailed, Brett Pitman is a Premier League striker now.

He scored 13 for City in a non chance producing 2nd tier team so he'd no doubt be our top scorer in the Championship if he came back.

But that boat has long sailed, Brett Pitman is a Premier League striker now.

I'm fairly certain he won't be featuring for them in the Premier League. He's not been a first choice striker for Bournemouth since they got out of League One. 

I'm fairly certain he won't be featuring for them in the Premier League. He's not been a first choice striker for Bournemouth since they got out of League One.

Pitman's featured in 39 games this season, scoring 14 goals. First choice or not, that's alot of appearances and a good return goal wise.

It's a squad game and Howe has rotated his strikers where necessary, and he'll no doubt do the same next again next season.

Bournemouth are bound to strengthen before then and Pitman won't be a regular first choice, but Howe has always rated Pitman and he will play his part.

As I said, Brett Pitman is a Premier League striker.

We will/have modify play to suit what is available. Managers look for different types of player and then teach the team to adapt to each other's strengths. Matt Smith would be an excellent signing and us in no way a like for like with Wilbo. Smith and JET are already a proven partnership. Agard and Wilbo are too. Can they make the step. Well Wilbo can if his legs are up to it. The others I have faith they can. The biggest question mark is against WES!!!?!!!

Only given the last half an hour today by that clown Symons but scored again..

Whether it's to us or another team, I don't see Smith being a Fulham player next season.

Will be interesting to see if he turns up at Ashton Gate tomorrow.

Pitman's featured in 39 games this season, scoring 14 goals. First choice or not, that's alot of appearances and a good return goal wise.

It's a squad game and Howe has rotated his strikers where necessary, and he'll no doubt do the same next again next season.

Bournemouth are bound to strengthen before then and Pitman won't be a regular first choice, but Howe has always rated Pitman and he will play his part.

As I said, Brett Pitman is a Premier League striker.

10 of those goals were against Fulham, Blackpool, Millwall, Reading and Northampton.

He's a flat track bully

Whether it's to us or another team, I don't see Smith being a Fulham player next season.

Will be interesting to see if he turns up at Ashton Gate tomorrow.

Completely agree, he has started 8 and come on sub 7 times in the league for Fulham, yet managed to score 5 times in such limited opportunities.

I doubt we'll be the only ones with a higher opinion of him than Kit Symons.

10 of those goals were against Fulham, Blackpool, Millwall, Reading and Northampton.

He's a flat track bully

Yeh, and Wilbraham's goals were against the likes of Fleetwood, Colchester, Wimbledon, Orient, Crewe etc so what's your point?

Surely Brett can only score against the teams Bournemouth play?! Not sure how he can notch against others??

Archived