IGNORED

Matt Smith

Coombsy

Said to be interesting Ipswich, Brighton and us.

With Ipswich already having a prolific target man in Darryl Murphy I can't see him as first choice there, so let's hope he enjoyed his time with us so much he wants to come back.

I like Matt Smith and thankful for what he done here but I honestly think Will Grigg would be a better option, which is why I'm routing for Brentford and Chesterfield in the play offs. If Brentford go up and MK Dons stay down we'll have a good chance of signing him. Having said that if we went for Matt Smith I'd be more than happy.

I like Matt Smith and thankful for what he done here but I honestly think Will Grigg would be a better option, which is why I'm routing for Brentford and Chesterfield in the play offs. If Brentford go up and MK Dons stay down we'll have a good chance of signing him. Having said that if we went for Matt Smith I'd be more than happy.

MK in such good form though, fancy them to join us

He's a university graduate, ex non league, he knows he's lucky to be in the game, surely we can offer him something nice

Something nice? What about all the other players who contributed so well over the past season, they'd want and rightfully deserve parity. Even one marquee signing could have the effect of undoing all the financial purging of the 3 seasons prior to this one and at the same time it could wipe out team spirit in one move.

Nob that. We have a wage budget and a wage structure and anyone that doesn't fit in to it should not be considered. If MS is on the sort of money banded about on here, which I would not be surprised in the slightest, I think he's one best left for the history books.

Matt Smith scored goals for City in the JPT cup and League 1 and was one of the few loan players that actually made a difference. However, the question is can he do it on a regular basis in the Championship?

Clearly Symmonds doesn't think so.

Matt Smith scored goals for City in the JPT cup and League 1 and was one of the few loan players that actually made a difference. However, the question is can he do it on a regular basis in the Championship?

But also clearly Symonds isn't a very good manager.

I think Matthieu has yielded a reasonable return in the limited game time he's granted there.

Got 12 goals in the championship with leeds last year and a handful since going back to Fulham since his loan. Think with Smith he adds a lot more than just goals, brings people into games and creates a lot more space for the creative players In the side, freeman, JET, Bryan etc. Wilbraham may struggle at championship level week in week out so think all in all would be good addition to squad - plus the fans are on his side from his loan, so wouldn't have huge pressure if came back in

I think Cotterill's nets will be cast far and wide, we are an attractive club very much on the up. If Cotterill is interested in Matt Smith then he will go back for him, but he has shown he doesn't work on sentiment. Smith did a great job for us, but I suspect Cotterill is looking to next season and if he sees someone who he considers better than Smith, Smith will be already discarded.

Clearly not, but Matt has 4 in 8 starts for Fulham this season and Symons is the ****wit who wouldn't recall hm (thank God) when they were struggling and he was scoring for fun.

If we can afford his wages we should go for it.

16 goals in 55 Championship appearances over the last two years for Leeds and Fulham, with four in 13 for Fulham this season (not all starts, mind).

That's not a record that sets the world alight, this is true, but as we know; that isn't all he brings to the table.

But also clearly Symonds isn't a very good manager.

I think Matthieu has yielded a reasonable return in the limited game time he's granted there.

Fulham fans I know have very little time for him; have played like a pub team at times, and comments tend to go along the lines of them being shocked a defender of such pedigree can't seem to organise one as a manager.

I would have no problem with Mr Smith coming back here, but I would hope (and expect) that Cotts and Burt will look at all the players available rather than prioritising those who've previously spent a couple of months. If he comes back then great, but if a better target man is available and we can get him then hopefully we'll go that way

His contract with Fulham is until 2017...so unless they want him off the wage bill, there would be a fee. Half million ish I reckon.

Plus if he were to drop his wages, he'd surely want to be starting regularly?

Loads of factors to take into account.

We'll get a closer look at Bradshaw on Sunday, assuming he's fit of course.

But.....this is always a time of wild speculation on here regardless of whatever league league Ciry will be in. No doubt we'll have threads about so and so seen arriving at AG.......

IMO Matt Smith is a much better player than Chris Woods.. Matt is a real target man who is happy to 'wipe out' defenders in his attempt to get to the ball.

Ive only ever seen 2 target men at City in my time who are prepared to regularly put their bodies on the line like Matt and that's Joe Jordan and Robbie Turner... and if Matt wants to come back I for one would be delighted.. (he's also good at defending corners!)

Archived