IGNORED

Yet Another Attempt By Robbored To Fish For Attention Thread

Robbored

Who do you prefer Robbored or Gary Johnson   

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm with BCFC_Dan.

Nyatanga, when signed, was a young centre back with a strong reputation and recent Premier League experience. He was relatively inexpensive. On paper at the time he looked a very astute signing. You cannot legislate for every signing and sometimes they just don't work out for whatever reason. I'd put this one in that box without attaching too much blame to GJ.

As for Haynes he left us for a fee, he stayed in the Championship and after a year was transferred to a club which went on to win promotion to the Championship. Again this is one of those reasonable on paper signings which was relative small cost but which did not work out.

There is not a manager out there who hasn't had signings go pear shaped. Even Cotts has some of his questioned: Agard and El Abd for starters and most wax lyrical about his and KB's transfer record!!

GJ's issue was not failing to buy players to get us challenging for the playoffs, the failure was in our expectation upon him to buy players to get us in to the play offs. As a club we weren't ready and we tried to rush it.

Whilst we were paying the wages, we couldn't/didn't (not sure which) pay the transfer fees. End result was largely buying players on their way down and towards the end of their career. That was the club's strategy quite clearly and it remained in place long after - Damien Stewart, David James for example. Funnily enough the two examples you cite are those where we made a reasonable stab at trying to get exactly the right sort of signing in place.

The club was a basket case yes, but Johnson's legacy was actually short lived. What we couldn't escape was the legacy of the Summer of 2010 after Johnson left - the legacy of Nicky Hunt, Damien Stewart, David James and Khalifa Cisse all on eye-watering wages and 2 or 3 year contracts. Undeniably that summer was the one which wrote our future, not before.

Are you comparing Agard with El Abd? I really don't think anybody else has!!

Are you comparing Agard with El Abd? I really don't think anybody else has!!

Uh, no quite obviously I wasn't. I was citing them as two signings which SC has made which have been questioned. I'm not sure how you could possibly deduce comparing?

The thing I don't get about you Robbored, is your attitude towards the people on this forum, the same people who were REALLY supportive when you were seriously ill not too long ago.

You would think an experience like that would make you evaluate things, but obviously not in your case, its really sad, and I honestly pity you.

I wasn't supportive. Just saying.

The thing I don't get about you Robbored, is your attitude towards the people on this forum, the same people who were REALLY supportive when you were seriously ill not too long ago.  

You would think an experience like that would make you evaluate things, but obviously not in your case, its really sad, and I honestly pity you.

I get the feeling that you don't really understand this forum and how it functions.

Of course it is conditional; what a ludicrous thing to question. I can empathise unconditionally, but there are people in this world who will not have my sympathies.

The point that you seem to have missed is RR is on a fishing trip. His whole purpose in starting this thread was to massage his ego - a bit like Katie Hopkins; if there's nothing else interesting about yourself achieve your aim (of being noticed) by being controversial.

He's fishing to try and get bites from exactly the hands that extended sympathy: sympathy he invited through his long post in its own topic which was designed to alert us as to his condition. The self-made thread which no-one responded 'zzzzzzz' or 'who cares'. That is what is sad. His whole purpose is to wind up those who showed genuine kindness towards him, him being someone 99% don't know other than as Robbored and who quite genuinely probably do not care, but it didn't stop him posting though did it. I wonder why? Actually I don't as almost all his postings are to get people talking about him. He is completely neurotic.

Can't blame him for posting? I can. It didn't need posting and posting it achieved nothing except his sole purpose of getting a rise out of people. For someone of his age, of his life experience, it's pitiful.

The reply from Badger was along the lines of Robbered should change his 'attitude' because some posted get well messages to him when he was ill.

That is frankly absurd.

Still right tho'.......

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Can't you just accept he took us to our highest league position in about 30 years and acknowledge that you aren't judging him on that, but on some petty 10 year old grievance that no one cares about but you.

Seriously - stop being a pathetic little man.

I post very rarely on here but I am actually embarrassed for you.

He may be a conference manager, but he is a better and bigger man than you  (and better manager) because he doesn't act like a whiney gobshite.

Stick around- we need more balanced views like yours .

Gary's stock has certainly fallen but I'd guess he's made his money and with his love of the game this job will suit him and his family down to the ground.

He's older and wiser and his ambition will be very different now I expect.

Done, and thread title edited :D

Doesn't this rather open up the forum to setting up some quite unpleasant possibilities.  A poll designed to humiliate someone started by the moderators? Really?

I thought the moderators were here to stop things getting out of hand not stoke the fires.

Doesn't this rather open up the forum to setting up some quite unpleasant possibilities.  A poll designed to humiliate someone started by the moderators? Really?

I thought the moderators were here to stop things getting out of hand not stoke the fires.

Robbored has broad enough shoulders and knows me well enough.

If he has a problem he can contact me himself, however he will no doubt be laughing at this.

Archived