IGNORED

Retained List (Merged)

QA22

Anyone know jets stats for this season? Just been trying to sell him to a Birmingham mate and the shoot article says he scored 12 in 48 this season. I'm certain that's nowhere near correct. There's no way he's played 48 even with sub appearances.

Yet we all saw that playing alongside Jet was one of the biggest factors in Matt Smith making such an impact at City 

Would he be a similar success in the future without Jet?

I don't know enough about him to judge but which type of players has he paired up with before when he was successful at Leeds etc?

Anyone know jets stats for this season? Just been trying to sell him to a Birmingham mate and the shoot article says he scored 12 in 48 this season. I'm certain that's nowhere near correct. There's no way he's played 48 even with sub appearances.

I don't know but we seemed to have a hell of a lot of him coming on for a handful of minutes and even into stoppage time. I was beginning to wonder if we had to pay him a huge fee if we didn't play him at times!

Yet we all saw that playing alongside Jet was one of the biggest factors in Matt Smith making such an impact at City 

His partner at Leeds and Fulham was Ross McCormack, who is hardly a carbon copy of JET.

I'd expect Smith to be top of our striker list and our style of play (should we get him) will then all be around providing him with the best possible service.

Which, despite the fact he is 6ft 6 doesn't mean all in the air as he has scored some crackers with his feet both for us and Fulham.

What do we think SC means by this:

I have a hunch Elliott will go somewhere else and play for another season or two.

You may well be right, though you can also read it that he has offered Wade a coaching job because midfield is where we need to strengthen?

Cotts said in an interview after Matt left that one of the reasons Flinty starting scoring again was down to getting in the positions vacated by Matt. Wilbraham is likely to retain his place up front with Agard so it seems to make sense to recruit young striker possibly from L1 who will probably cost a lot less certainly in terms of wages.

So what about the rest? (waggy, GC, Osbourne etc)

The retained list only deals with players at the end of their contracts I believe. I suspect any other departures, or potential departures, will come out in dribs & drabs although unwanted players will have been told their standing.

The retained list only deals with players at the end of their contracts I believe. I suspect any other departures, or potential departures, will come out in dribs & drabs although unwanted players will have been told their standing.

Course they are still in contract forgot that, Cheers mate.

Thanks to Jet for 2 fantastic seasons, probably the most naturally gifted footballer I've seen down the gate. And no doubt when he's banging the goals in up there in the championship next year we will regret it!

He was hardly banging in goals in the Championship with Ipswich when we picked him up, and whether he does so elsewhere in the second tier now depends on finding a club whose manager "gets" him and whose system can accommodate him.

His partner at Leeds and Fulham was Ross McCormack, who is hardly a carbon copy of JET.

I'd expect Smith to be top of our striker list and our style of play (should we get him) will then all be around providing him with the best possible service.

Which, despite the fact he is 6ft 6 doesn't mean all in the air as he has scored some crackers with his feet both for us and Fulham.

Yep, fair comments Graham and although I'm personally very disappointed to see Jet go I've no doubt Cotts. - and Keith Burt - have players in mind to ensure Matt Smith can shine if he returns.

Having spoken to Keith Burt yesterday - what a nice bloke btw - he seemed very confident in emulating last season's signings, both in quality and quantity.

Jet going has to be seen as part of a greater plan to strengthen the overall squad to make sure City thrive in the Championship, and despite my own reservations about Jet departing I retain every confidence in the the manager who has a professional duty to see a wider picture.

Reading between the lines from my (admittedly short) conversation with KB we'll all be very satisfied and excited with the squad assembled by August.  :yes:

Sad to see JET go, but can't judge until we see who the replacement is. He's been left out so that someone else can come in to compete for being a first-choice. We must be in the market for two strikers, as we were one short at the end of the season.

Can't believe people are happy that this may free up funds to bring in Matt Smith. I'd rather have JET in the team any day of the week!

If Smith signs, expect to be disappointed........NO WAY will he live up to his time here this season.

So, so sad to see JET go.

Archived