IGNORED

Retained List (Merged)

QA22

I'd guess it will be at 14:00,

I'm going to guess that El Abd's contract will be brought out, Jet, Pack, Elliot will leave and osbourne will be placed on the transfer list,

I would be most surprised if Pack goes out of your suggestions. Ok no room for sentiment but Pack and Flint seem like they have clicked friendship wise, I'm just worried if Pack goes Flint will lose something. Also Pack will be able to hold his own in the Championship I think.

I'll be very surprised to see Pack on that list.

So would I.

Unlike Wade he is still to have his best years as he is only 24 and started our last 15 league games, during which time we were unbeaten.

I'd keep Elliott but will at least understand it if we don't, letting Pack go would be madness.

Pack won't be going anywhere, be hugely surprised if he does.

El-Bad won't have his contract bought out either, he'll be made available for transfer....probably for nothing.

JET unfortunately will go.

Would understand if Wade left, just depends how long he wants to prolong his playing career.

Its anybody's guess on JET - I think a lot will depend on whether City have found potential replacements and what his wage demands are. We could always see him signing a contract and then being sold later on

El Abd, Osbourne, Wagstaff, Burns & Reid will be told they can leave.

Pack & Elliott will get new contracts.

My guess is Pack new deal and has signed (pretty much), JET offered but will end up leaving, El-Abd released to join Bury, Elliott signs a 1 year deal with some coaching elements built in, Reid made available for transfer, Richards released with thanks.

The release list will have been fully thought through already and Cotterill will have plans to strengthen the squad for next seasons step up.

He and Burt will I'm sure already have a shopping list of the players they want to sign and certain deals are probably already verbally agreed.

They will offset some of the cost of new signings by releasing or cancelling the contracts of current players but to me it's not so much who is being released but who is signed over the summer. That imo is the most crucial part of this summer.

I'd guess it will be at 14:00,

I'm going to guess that El Abd's contract will be brought out, Jet, Pack, Elliot will leave and osbourne will be placed on the transfer list,

Pack was superb on Sunday and his getting regular starts really contributed to our late season success. As I'm sure SC will know.

No way is he off.

Why would Pack be released!? 

I'm pretty sure he won't.

Pack's clearly an ever improving player, dislodging the Captain to become an integral part of the team by the end of the season.

if Cotts. ever had doubts about him earlier in his career at Pompey I'm sure he's won him over now.

It would be a major shock if Pack were to be released.

Credit to Marlon, deserves a new deal as has come on leaps and bounds this second part of the season. Remember when 99% of city fans were on his back, nice to see he has been able to turn it around and change the opinions of many. Like many previous posters, would like to see Wade kept involved, even if it isn't in a playing capacity

This is the first time I've really had an interest in the retained list. Forever we seem to have been a mediocre team and truth be told I just didn't care who stayed and who went.

But today it's different! I'm so hoping a deal could be done with JET and the same for Pack. Whereas I expect Pack to stay, JET is more hope than expectation.

This is the first time I've really had an interest in the retained list. Forever we seem to have been a mediocre team and truth be told I just didn't care who stayed and who went.

But today it's different! I'm so hoping a deal could be done with JET and the same for Pack. Whereas I expect Pack to stay, JET is more hope than expectation.

Same here. The past few years I would of been glad to get rid of some of the wasters.

like others on this topic, i will be amazed if marlon pack is allowed to leave.

apa.rt from being a very much improved player and important member of the squad,

his delivery from corners and free kicks has been responsible for a great number of 

the goals we have scored this season. This could be very important next season,

where we assume the team will find it much harder to score goals from open play.

With regard to JET i will be very sad if he goes, he is a match changer with his

sublime skill, a skill that hasn,t been needed so much this season, because we

havent been in a position to need it very often, but next season when games are

tight, he could well be the difference

Based on who did not really feature then Osbourne, El Abd, Richards and Wagstaff would be moved on . JET did feature a bit, but much as I hate it, he is not staying as he was put on the bench everytime Wilbs or Agard is fit. Agard, IMHO is miles off a Championship striker, and would feature on my list of players to move on. But unlikely. Reid and Burns are two that may also move on, as they could not get close to a L1 side, so a Championship side even more unlikely. That leaves Pack, who probably did enough to be kept on for a couple of years, he will not break the bank and would be a good solid squad player to have. 

I fully expect us to sign 6 players min, need new deal for Bryan, Williams and  Flint too. Others will be reviewed after the club see how they adapt to the next level methinks.

1x GK, 2x DF, 1x MF, 2x STR I expect!

Marlon's had to wait for his chance (more so than anyone) but he has showed what he's capable of when given a run in the team.

He is crucial to our 352 system as he gets us playing with his short & long range of passing. Pack's also dominant in the air, great set piece taker along with being SC's chief communicator on pitch. Intelligent lad, excellent pro whose still improving it would be a ludicrous decision to release him.

Archived