IGNORED

New Gazza Film

Vincent Vega

He ****** his career up, got in with the wrong crowd and people feel sorry for him its all his own fault. He had a talent people could only dream of having and he messed it all up.

If only he went to Manchester United under Fergie, he would have sorted him out, bad career move choosing Spurs over them and going abroad.

If my auntie had bollox..... etc.....

I don't feel sorry for Gazza in the slightest. We all choose our path in life, weather we realise it or not. For me though, he made supporting England feel special and very exciting. I respect him for that. 

You don't understand addiction. Try to. You'll be a nicer person if you can get your head round it.

So if gazza came by your house pissed up;. coked up; banging on your front door singing " fog on the Tyne".

You wouldn't say in a righteous brothers style " NO Gazza, I admire you for having a go in Italia 90, when guess what no one else gave a shit as usual; But No you are not coming in my house to feel up me missus and sort more coke in my bathroom!"

Rather than imbue Gascoigne with qualities he never had perhaps had his fans treated him appropriately he wouldn't be where he is now. We should have sympathy that he's an idiot savant who just happened to be 'burdened' with being the most gifted footballer of his generation; he didn't ask for or deserve that. Those whose laughed at his jokes, who egged him on, who made him the celebrity he became should perhaps sit uneasily in their seats, save they won't. They'll externalise - he's an addict (he wasn't by birth,) he's been unlucky (tell that to the other simpletons he grew up with,) he was misled (absolutely, because the fans made him a commodity to be exploited.)

I grew up with a kid who arguably could have been the best player ever to come out of Bristol. Got as far as top division reserves but being an idiot savant, too, began to believe his own hype, thus lost it as soon as he had prospect of making it big. Drank himself to death on natch age 22, 4 years after he was 'cut'. His friends felt sadness, but not sympathy. It was who he was, probably what he was destined to be, but he was never a victim. Gascoigne's too far gone, an accident waiting to happen. The time for sympathy has passed and every incident sadly tarnishes whatever reputation he has left. Films such as this don't help.

Didn't watch the video because quite frankly it's getting boring now,no doubt the do gooders will say you do not know what being a addict is like,and to be honest I dont but jeez how many chances do you give a bloke,and let's get this right he was a very good footballer but not a great,although when he passes the usual tosh will come out saying how great he could of been,if my auntie had.....

So if gazza came by your house pissed up;. coked up; banging on your front door singing " fog on the Tyne".

You wouldn't say in a righteous brothers style " NO Gazza, I admire you for having a go in Italia 90, when guess what no one else gave a shit as usual; But No you are not coming in my house to feel up me missus and sort more coke in my bathroom!"

Not picking on you or anyone else, not notably no. 1 on this https://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2010/03/14/the-bullingdon-club/ George Osborne

Please research 'Toffs' and 'bullingdon club' before judging.

Paul Gascoigne was unfortunate in that he happened to be good at football.

Didn't watch the video because quite frankly it's getting boring now,no doubt the do gooders will say you do not know what being a addict is like,and to be honest I dont but jeez how many chances do you give a bloke,and let's get this right he was a very good footballer but not a great,although when he passes the usual tosh will come out saying how great he could of been,if my auntie had.....

Seeing as you're being so righteous, it's "could've" not "could of"

Can't really add much to what others have said but I am really sickened by peoples attitudes towards someone who suffers from Alcohol and Mental Health problems. I am ashamed to support the same team as some of the people who have posted vile comments.

We as a club have done so well to support Oskar and various other causes in the past which has made me extrwmwly proud to be a City fan but to read some of the disgusting comments people have wrote about Gazza and his invisible illness is terrible. No one on here would criticise a disabled person yet it's ok to criticise someone who suffers from mental health problems?

This whole countries attitude towards mental health is disgusting and the sooner people are educated then more people will receive the help they require.

If I went into a hospital with a physical condition I would be seen to urgently. If I went to a hospital with a mental health issue I would have to wait months and still not receive the treatment I require.

I hope to god you never have to experience any mental health problems because you will find you will come up against people like yourself.

Can't really add much to what others have said but I am really sickened by peoples attitudes towards someone who suffers from Alcohol and Mental Health problems. I am ashamed to support the same team as some of the people who have posted vile comments.

We as a club have done so well to support Oskar and various other causes in the past which has made me extrwmwly proud to be a City fan but to read some of the disgusting comments people have wrote about Gazza and his invisible illness is terrible. No one on here would criticise a disabled person yet it's ok to criticise someone who suffers from mental health problems?

This whole countries attitude towards mental health is disgusting and the sooner people are educated then more people will receive the help they require.

If I went into a hospital with a physical condition I would be seen to urgently. If I went to a hospital with a mental health issue I would have to wait months and still not receive the treatment I require.

Where I struggle, generally, is the principle of a guy born into grose deprivation and poverty being judged and ruled by people of huge aristocratic status.

Of course I get what you are saying but mental health issues can not be compairable with physical

Ones. The brain is so complex that how functions is still in the early stages of understanding.

You can't simply stick a band aid on a mental patient and send him on his way.

Aside of the fact he has made his own life unpleasant through his own issues whether they be mentally induced or not, no one can deny he was the player of his generation and was probably the best footballer skill wise I've seen in a England shirt for a very long time. Loved the player but not the man, but as a footballer he was unbelievably gifted. But then they do say there is only 1% difference between genius and insanity.

Cracking post by BTRFTG, right to the heart of the matter. Gazza could never cope with the fame, he just looked like he could.

Being the greatest football of your generation is something we all wanted to be, as we'd all like to win the lottery.

For some people either would be a disaster. There are regular stories of lottery winners who say it ruined their lives and they wish they'd never won it.

'A very good footballer but not a great...'

Omg

Did you actually see him play ?? (not referring to historical TV clips)

Before his injury he wasn't good, he wasn't great he was unbelievable and was still developing and was the most exciting English player I've seen in my lifetime and we never even got to see his best sadly

He'd make people like Bale look ordinary and would be a 80/90/100 million pound player in the current climate :facepalm:

Top Post - simples

George Best was a young lad going to Manchester. Fergie, at the end of that interview was going to explain that Manchester's lights are less bright than London's. Think Fergie was chatting a bit of bollocks if he thought he could have had a better hold on Gazza.

Archived