IGNORED

Sub Basement Promotion Clash Official Thread

Aizoon

Last game of last season, I think I was the only one on here who predicted relegation for them.

This time around I'm equally sure they will make a mess of it.

0-1. Early goal for the Mariners, and despite lots of pressure the sags will fail.

I hope Grimsby win, I can just a gang of depressed sags being arrested after attacking the aquarium down in @bristol, non league bristol r****s horse and fish punching hoof football club next season? :boxing::fish:

Think they will do it

I know it's easy for us to put them down, but IF they win and get out of that league in one season, then fair play to them. They've had a hell of a run

That being said, I hope Grimsby stuff them. Three seasons down there and they will be in the financial shit, and I'd love to see that, purely for their reaction to 82

Yep, there'll be no return to the bass-ment for Mr Dandy Pirate and the rest of those (s)prats.

They'll be trawling the depths of non-league football for some time yet.

Assuming their chub-by chairman doesn't leave them high and dry that is. Most of their fans seem to fall for his carp hook line and sinker though! It could be fin for them next season.

Harry Haddock's boys will batter them.

I'd love to see them knocked off their perch and denied any ray of comfort.

To be honest their date in court with Sainsbury's is much more important than their fixture at Wembley this Sunday.

Even if they win Sunday, if they then lose the UWE stadium fight; the future still looks bleak for them.

By the same token, if they lose the play-off final but Sainsbury's are forced to go through with the Mem purchase and UWE happens then the future will be looking a lot rosier for them.

So, basically it's the result of the court case I'm really interested in.

To be honest their date in court with Sainsbury's is much more important than their fixture at Wembley this Sunday.

Even if they win Sunday, if they then lose the UWE stadium fight; the future still looks bleak for them.

By the same token, if they lose the play-off final but Sainsbury's are forced to go through with the Mem purchase and UWE happens then the future will be looking a lot rosier for them.

So, basically it's the result of the court case I'm really interested in.

Since they're hearing it in London anyway, why not combine the two events and have the court hearing during the Wembley half-time?

I should've put some insurance on earlier in the season when they were 16/1 (september ish). 14/10 to win in normal time tomorrow which would mean a sizeable bet to make it worthwhile.

No point in match betting, what if they won on pens???  No, I did "to get promotion" @ 4/6

I just had to work out how much I would have to win to NOT be totally gutted ! :cool:

This is the dilemma, I dont want to think about losing a shitload of cash AND they get promoted however the odds are obviously better.

I'll probably do the same as you.

I too have a decent potential return should they do it. If enough of their players turn up tomorrow can see them doing this - just a case of how many of them have been given time off from their day jobs to play.  Will be interesting to see how many of them are allowed a late start on Monday whether they make it back to full time football or not.

Archived