IGNORED

Sainsbury V Blbr

Arkateee

It's all part of his plan to get rid of cars from Bristol.  If the 15'ers move out of Bristol then it will mean 3 less cars coming into Bristol on a Saturday afternoon.

On the other hand it does mean that 200000 cars won't be leaving bristol on a Saturday afternoon for away trips, alongside 1000 coaches

It just shows what an awful choice of mayor he really is/was. The bloke has zero impartiality. He is elected to represent the best interests of Bristol... some may see his 'tweet' as doing just that. However what he is actually doing is offering an opinion as fact  at a time when it is too late to represent anyone.

My view as to him being at Wembley and this tweet is simple, and cynical. He knows or has come to terms with the red half of the city (in footballing terms) being very strongly against him. The snub at our bank hols celebration was also extremely public. He has probably already started to realise that within central Bristol his resedential parking scheme has been a real polariser too. It's exactly the kind of action that will only cost you votes: those who feel strongly about it will not forgive and forget (of which there are many, including employers who are and will continue to lose people from surrounding areas as the commute to Bristol becomes too difficult) and for those that agree with the scheme its unlikely to be a 'vote winner'... it's lose-lose.

He simply has got to start looking as far and wide as possible for support and I think this is all part of that process. I hope even the 15ers can see through it.

There's also the future scenario of expanding Bristol boundaries, or having a greater Bristol unitary authority, which George believes is for the better, on this I'd agree. I think George is already touting these plans around the region and if he can gain whatever support he can from South Glos residents (gasheads) by turning up at high profile games, he will. Evidently he put out a statement on the council website congratulating BCFC, as far as I know he's never said anything publicly, which if true is positively disgusting for somebody who, so say supports BCFC, that's as long as he earns money off BCFC supporters. I feel a boycott coming on. The blokes an asshole.

It's all part of his plan to get rid of cars from Bristol.  If the 15'ers move out of Bristol then it will mean 3 less cars coming into Bristol on a Saturday afternoon.

best make that 3 cars and a minibus now that away 'league' teams will be coming in to thrash them

Seems strange he's supporting a Sainsburys near the vibrant Glos Rd but didn't support one at AG.

Strange that he doesn't want a big Sainsburys in Ashton but he does want one in Horefield...

If I remember correctly, Gorgeous George became the Self proclaimed Champion of the Independent Trader, and stood against the Ashton Vale development suggesting Sainsburys could "Wipe out" the North Street Independent Traders if they were allowed a move to Ashton Gate.

The Independents up and down Gloucester Road must've been dumbfounded when the self proclaimed Champion voted in support of the Horfield development. 

Could it be that the Horfield development will have no adverse affect on his Tobacco Factory interests and as such, he couldn't give a toss about them?

I'd be sorrowful if one of our big businesses couldn't see Rovers off.

What also seems to have fallen under the radar is that the Memorial Ground was built in tribute to local lads who died for our freedom.

It's a not for profit commodity and they also treated the Rugby club like scum.

Pirates, I don't like them.

Whilst I agree, neither party exactly comes up smelling of roses there....the slags want the land sold for redevelopment, but by the same token Sainsbury's paid money for the opportunity to build on the war memorial. 

When it comes to the memorial argument, it reflects well on neither side.

Uncertain why Sainsburys believe they can walk out the contract for legal reasons. Is it because the contract says the building cost for the new stadium can not exceed the sales price for the mem? Not being granted sufficient planning permission because trucks can't arrive early enough in the morning sounds an odd argument as they accepted the same delivery hours for AG.

Also if Rovers should be granted compensation the amount should depend on if the new stadium eventually goes ahead. Cost for planning permission etc. should only be given if the stadium don't go ahead. Until this is certain they should only be compensated for interest on their outlay. 

I hate rovers and didn't want them to get promotion. But these big shot supermarkets really wind me up no end. As someone else said, we can't be going backing a huge supermarket against one of the football family, however frail and pathetic they might be. And don't get me started on 300 per hour corporate f$cking lawyers...

I'm comforted that even if the blue few win this case there is no shortage of inbred gas Muppet directors just waiting to knacker up their own club, 31 million richer or otherwise; they still won't have a ground to play on. Again. Which should provide still months if not years of joy ahead of us.

So eff off Sainsbury . Don't spoil our fun by killing off our teeny silent severely disturbed little insignificant neighbourly horse-punching gnat of a basement football club just yet.

Archived