IGNORED

Sainsbury V Blbr

Arkateee

The boggest reason I want tis is to fail is that I want the mem to stay a memorial not a supermarket or housing. I will say this I know its only a dream but I hope documentation surfaces from where it was hidden of what the m was given for and what it can be. What rovers get is a total irrelevance to me. But I do hope karma plays out on this one

Always check yer spelling ....or do i get a whooooooosh ?

They would not have this court case had they not conned Bristol Rugby out of the Mem,

As for homeless, Bath again, or perhaps they out stayed their welcome, maybe the real Rovers (Forest Green) would let them squat

Not FGR please - going up that bloody hill every fortnight would kill me off! :sweatingbullets:

• Admin

I understand that BLBR are no longer selling season tickets.....

They aren't worried that if they lose this court case they might not be able to finish the season are they?

I understand Bristol City are no longer selling season tickets...

Lawyers for Bristol Rovers today made their closing arguments in the club's court battle with Sainsbury's over the future of the Memorial Stadium site.

David Matthias QC stuck his fingers in his ears and said la, la, la . It's not fair  :grr:
  :gasmask:  :grr: 

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/update-rovers-in-the-high-court-2466521.aspx

If Rovers force Sainsburys to honour the contract and the plans for the new stadium go ahead they still have a mysterious hole in thier finance for the UWE anyway don't they? Maybe banks might be more willing to help out but knowing Higgs he'd probably borrow from Wonga again.

I think they are in trouble either way. If I was them I'd take a settlement, pay off Wonga ( if the pay out covers that of course), stop chasing pipe dreams ( & us) and concentrate on balancing the books so there is a club to support.

If Rovers force Sainsburys to honour the contract and the plans for the new stadium go ahead they still have a mysterious hole in thier finance for the UWE anyway don't they? Maybe banks might be more willing to help out but knowing Higgs he'd probably borrow from Wonga again.

I think they are in trouble either way. If I was them I'd take a settlement, pay off Wonga ( if the pay out covers that of course), stop chasing pipe dreams ( & us) and concentrate on balancing the books so there is a club to support.

if its honoured they#d have a better chance of getting funding, for a slice of the ground or naming rights or something

My mind may be playing tricks on me but i thought we sold 13,000+ season tickets the season after the C'ship play-off final. That season we averaged 16,500 so it could be about right.

That figure was simply because early bird prices were set BEFORE the PO final, so fans COULD be getting Prem football for "cheap as chips" prices. It was a gamble, pure and simple (like taking an anti-post price at the bookies ).

Last I heard the finger of blame was being pointed at Dot Cotton

I heard that there was an obscure link to Wycombe playing an un-registered player that caused all of the problems.

things we've learnt this week,

Sainsburys are actually sueing rovers not the otherway round

Rovers are up the creek if they don't win the case,

Rovers have decided finishing 2nd in non-league is worthy of an open top bus parade

All interesting stuff!

The vital clue is Rovers had to go to Wonga to get ongoing financing that says to me that their existing bank was unwilling to continue financing a company with limited cash flow.

It follows that the only thing they have of value (assets) is the ground and maybe a couple of players who would be worth nothing in a fire sale.

Thus a positive settlement is paramount.

Archived