IGNORED

Sainsbury V Blbr

Arkateee

Some assumption that is. As far as i am concerned every single team probably from the Southern or Northern Premier has the potential to reach the top flight; Wimbledon, Wigan?

If those two teams had plied their trade perpetually in Division 4, let alone non league, would you say they have more chance of reaching the top flight than Rovers?

Not an assumption, for how long have they been in the lower two leagues, certainly in the last what 40 years..

The difference is that both Wigan and Wimbledon both acheived it while in 90+ years the Gas havent got anywhere near and wont do certainly not in the forseeable future. When they reach the top flight come back to me.

I know you seem to be a moral defender of the Gas so its pointless arguing with you.

Just to add:- To sum up that they've only just rejoined the Football league via a pen win in the playoffs, even in the past 10 years they have just survived relegation to non league a number of times... to start chiming about one of the few clubs in the lower league to have potential to reach the 'riches of the PL' is just ludicrous in my view.

Not an assumption, for how long have they been in the lower two leagues, certainly in the last what 40 years..

The difference is that both Wigan and Wimbledon both acheived it while in 90+ years the Gas havent got anywhere near and wont do certainly not in the forseeable future. When they reach the top flight come back to me.

I know you seem to be a moral defender of the Gas so its pointless arguing with you.

Moral defender may be a by product but the main argument here is that you and others rip into a team with remarks and state them as unequivocal facts like you just did above here.

All i am saying is you have no idea. Don't try and tell people otherwise just because you hate them.

We have seen in this thread people saying that they had a 'wonga' type loan for 6 million and that it was a fact. Then somebody else comes on and says it is 2 million and its also a fact. Maybe one is right; i doubt both are.

Moral defender may be a by product but the main argument here is that you and others rip into a team with remarks and state them as unequivocal facts like you just did above here.

All i am saying is you have no idea. Don't try and tell people otherwise just because you hate them.

We have seen in this thread people saying that they had a 'wonga' type loan for 6 million and that it was a fact. Then somebody else comes on and says it is 2 million and its also a fact. Maybe one is right; i doubt both are.

Lets be honest, nor do you then... all I know is that it hasnt happened and very unlikely to. You show me where their potential is to be bigger judging by their history? Because I simply cant see it..

Wigan and Bournemouth  have had ambition but good money spent, Wimbledon was anomaly (in the past) but these days if you havent got the resources and money. The whole point to my post well see my edit..

Lets be honest, nor do you then... all I know is that it hasnt happened and very unlikely to. You show me where their potential is to be bigger judging by their history? Because I simply cant see it..

Wigan and Bournemouth have had ambition but good money spent, Wimbledon was anomaly (in the past) but these days if you havent got the resources and money. The whole point to my post well see my edit..

I am not defending or promoting their potential per se whereas you are but the complete opposite; that is my point.

Ok, I'm still trying to filter out some of the jokes to get a better understanding of the possible outcomes. So far, I've got this...

1) Rovers win. Therefore, Sainsbury's have to honour their contract and purchase the mem thus giving Rovers funds to go ahead and get the UWE stadium built.

2) Sainsbury's win. Therefore they can pull out of the mem deal once and for all and the UWE stadium project is dead and buried unless someone else wants to purchase the memorial ground off Rovers.

Is this right? Are there any 'in-between' outcomes or other knock-on effects of the possible rulings above?

Ok, I'm still trying to filter out some of the jokes to get a better understanding of the possible outcomes. So far, I've got this...

1) Rovers win. Therefore, Sainsbury's have to honour their contract and purchase the mem thus giving Rovers funds to go ahead and get the UWE stadium built.

2) Sainsbury's win. Therefore they can pull out of the mem deal once and for all and the UWE stadium project is dead and buried unless someone else wants to purchase the memorial ground off Rovers.

Is this right? Are there any 'in-between' outcomes or other knock-on effects of the possible rulings above?

We don't know. Jajajaaa :laugh:

Depends, but I wouldn't worry about it... They will have insured against it.

Some insurance company that would be. 'Dear Mr Insurer we are being sued by Sainsbury's and we have hardly got two beans to add together. If we lose we are screwed but can you insure us against costs, despite the fact we are screwed anyway." Yes Mr Higgs but it might not be a sensible way to spend your money....How about a better litigator?

Did you prefer Trumpton or Camberwick Green?

Camberwick Green

A Court costs insurance policy may have been too expensive or even declined depending on the Insurer's take on risk.

It's a bit like insuring Nicky Hunt to not have a bad game or Junior Bent not to fluff a chance in front of goal.

Exactly

I always hold Rovers in contempt.

:laugh:!

FAO Havana: This is my opinion and I state on what facts it is based, so please don't point out it isn't all fact. This is a forum to exchange opinions not an Encyclopaedia to report facts.

Always good to back up statements with a source squire; my very argument in a nutshell and clearly one you agree with.

I also agree with the last sentence.. if only a few others would give an opinion and not make it out as a fact when not backed by a source... in essence that is the same as the first sentence just said in a different way.

Some insurance company that would be. 'Dear Mr Insurer we are being sued by Sainsbury's and we have hardly got two beans to add together. If we lose we are screwed but can you insure us against costs, despite the fact we are screwed anyway." Yes Mr Higgs but it might not be a sensible way to spend your money....How about a better litigator?

:laugh:!

They do exist, and do very well. We used to have one emblazoned on our very shirts.

Insurance is very expensive and not typical in a lot of cases, but the type of the dispute and the respective legal teams behind it in this instance make its existence significantly more likely.

I also caution that you sound as though this is open and shut, apologies if I misinterpret. Sounds to me from our updates on the points raised that neither side had what you would call unreasonable prospects.

Careful.

That sounds like an unsubtantiated fact.....

I'd argue that my reference to what BrightCiderLife said and the words 'doesn't look like', indicate that i'm not making a factual statement but an observation based on my limited understanding of the situation.

;)

I'm not sure that will stand up to scrutiny.

(not that I'm saying your are right or wrong - just to be clear)

Ha! Fair enough. Shall i try again....

IMO, and based on the limited information i have acquired from fellow posters, i would be very surprised if Rovers started building their UWE stadium anytime in the near future, regardless of whether they win or not.

They are a complete bunch of cuckoos who believe that they are on some noble cause, supported by the entire country to defeat the evil empire of Sainsbury's.  When in fact, 99.9% of the country and about 75% of Bristol couldn't give a toss about them (and have no idea about the Sainsbury's case).  

And for them  to believe that investors are lining up to back a loss making basement football club based on never, ever realised potential is fanciful at best and leads me to believe that most Slags suffers from large cases of delusionitis.  

Absolute bunch of whoppers.

Being on holiday in Portugal at the moment, i thought i would switch the WiFi on my phone, and see news that the rovers stadium is well and truly dead. can't believe it's nearly half way through June, and the judge has made no decision! I thought this was going to be done and dusted by now.

Being on holiday in Portugal at the moment, i thought i would switch the WiFi on my phone, and see news that the rovers stadium is well and truly dead. can't believe it's nearly half way through June, and the judge has made no decision! I thought this was going to be done and dusted by now.

The Buckingham Group are frustrated as well and Nicholas has had a few fraught conversations with Lindsey.

Archived