IGNORED

Sainsbury V Blbr

Arkateee

F.U.C.K. Me,Where the hell did you just come from.....?  Sorry mate, come on our forum by all means but keep it within reason, it,s all a piss take....relax

#Piss take....you are having a laugh. I want the sags shits to go out of business and will get blind drunk celebrating when it happens. 

The vital clue for me is that Sainsbury's summed up in 20 minutes, while the Rovers QC 'droned on for hours'.

Having done many a legal inquiry myself that indicates The Slags case is very much on the back foot.

Question, what are the various possible outcomes here and potential knock-on consequences of each?

I'm no 'legal eagle' but I think this covers it...

Sainsburys win = Rovers go out of business

Sainsburys have to pay some compo = Rovers go out of business

Sainsburys have to fully honour the contract = Rovers go out of business

Massive over assumptions,

Sainsburys have to pay some compo = dependent upon level of compo they either fold or ground share possibly impoverished or not

Sainsburys have to fully honour the contract = they're mega wealthy and ground share as senior party and probably florish.

I'm hoping they're dead but it's no where near certain.

If Sainsburys win do Rovers have to pay their costs?

Sainsburys have to pay some compo = dependent upon level of compo they either fold or ground share possibly impoverished or not

Sainsburys have to fully honour the contract = they're mega wealthy and ground share as senior party and probably florish.

The proceeds of any sale to Sainsburys may only be used for the construction of the UWE Stadium. 

Nicholas confirmed this to be one of the key contract terms last year when someone asked him if he was going to scarper with the money.

Peter may not be a legal eagle but he does a passable impression of a legal tit.

As such he has completely disregarded the most likely scenario of Middle Eastern investors saving the day for Rovers. Following that convincing sales pitch made by Nicholas during his interview with Golf Weekly a powerful Arabian group has been working diligently behind the sand dunes ready to step in once Mrs Justice Prowedman dons her black cap. And with his typical foresight and mastery of business strategy Nicholas has ensured that with the funds coming from ISA'S they will be completely tax free !  .    

Peter may not be a legal eagle but he does a passable impression of a legal tit.

As such he has completely disregarded the most likely scenario of Middle Eastern investors saving the day for Rovers. Following that convincing sales pitch made by Nicholas during his interview with Golf Weekly a powerful Arabian group has been working diligently behind the sand dunes ready to step in once Mrs Justice Prowedman dons her black cap. And with his typical foresight and mastery of business strategy Nicholas has ensured that with the funds coming from ISA'S they will be completely tax free !  .

I forgot about the Saudi Oil fellas, Bert.

Did you prefer Trumpton or Camberwick Green?

When you say "they're mega wealthy and ground share as senior party" I assume you mean they have sufficient money to buy a new Santa's grotto and they move in with Clifton St Vincents.

Depends, but I wouldn't worry about it... They will have insured against it.

A Court costs insurance policy may have been too expensive or even declined depending on the Insurer's take on risk.

It's a bit like insuring Nicky Hunt to not have a bad game or Junior Bent not to fluff a chance in front of goal.

What sort of drinks do they serve up there in cloud cuckoo land?  

"Irrespective of the court decision I think there is a very good chance that UWE will be built. Bristol Rovers are one of the very few clubs in the lowest league that has potential to reach the enormous riches of the top league. Maybe the outcome of the court case will simply determine the price at which the club changes hands?"

http://gaschat.co.uk/post/87234/thread

A Court costs insurance policy may have been too expensive or even declined depending on the Insurer's take on risk.

It's a bit like insuring Nicky Hunt to not have a bad game or Junior Bent not to fluff a chance in front of goal.

Haha they are the gift after all.

I know those are just two plucked examples so I won't respond directly to them but I really do think it a banker that at least some of the risk would have been insured against, if Sainsbury's have made a costs application.

As a general point it (insurance) may have been taken years ago. The sale and purchase agreement itself may have a clause about costs of disputes and at this point lawyers would have advised and insurance may have been taken.

If it is not insured then I'm not saying I won't be pleased, but out of the past three years it would probably be that which would shock me the most given their financial state.

Anyway, all a bit premature - Sainsbury's have to be successful first.

Lets hope not, rovers have to win outright for common sense and decency, you cant pull out of a contract once you've shaken hands, end of.

This beauty from 'henbury gas' like the gas are pillars of good conduct and decency eh?

Yes you can and quite legitimately.

The argument is whether the agreement, the whole basis upon which you have shook hands and agreed to undertake X in return for Y, is governed by conditions which if unfulfilled allow a party to withdraw. For example, without cut off dates etc Sainsburys would be concerned about costs, taking control etc. Without the 'insurance' of a cut off date Sainsbury's may have continued with the agreement but only for much less money.

He may have concerns about morality of an instance where, say you think a party has not acted bona fide; perhaps they had no intention to continue and only found the reason why they were entitled not to at a later date. Ie non-compliance wasn't really an issue.

The question for the court really is how important is X term. Is it so important that it went to the root of the contrct : Without term X would the contract have been concluded upon the same basis? A parties conduct will form part of that picture, but only part.

"Irrespective of the court decision I think there is a very good chance that UWE will be built. Bristol Rovers are one of the very few clubs in the lowest league that has potential to reach the enormous riches of the top league. Maybe the outcome of the court case will simply determine the price at which the club changes hands?"

Delusions of granduer...

What really goes through the mind of a Gashead? Portsmouth are the only team in the lower league with potential to reach the PL, Gas are a top half L2/bottom half L1 club at best.

Delusions of granduer...

What really goes through the mind of a Gashead? Portsmouth are the only team in the lower league with potential to reach the PL, Gas are a top half L2/bottom half L1 club at best.

Some assumption that is. As far as i am concerned every single team probably from the Southern or Northern Premier has the potential to reach the top flight; Wimbledon, Wigan?

If those two teams had plied their trade perpetually in Division 4, let alone non league, would you say they have more chance of reaching the top flight than Rovers?

Bournemouth were a game, i think, of going out of the football league, now look at them. Blackpool were in Division 4 for years before they rose to the top. Many teams have done it before and many will do it in the future regardless of their background and potential. Weirder things have happened... In two or three years from now we could be looking at someone like Burton Albion doing it... Implausible? Not really. That is the beauty of the game. Rovers for sure can do it and by what a lot of people on here have been saying about their chances of survival they may have one hell of an incentive to do it quickly or else.

whos going to build a build a stadium that they wouldn't even own???

Archived