IGNORED

Championship Odds 15/16 Season

Lew-T

Birmingham had a decent finish to the season 28/1 looks a decent bet.

Just spotted that too....seems a little high to me

Isn't the bloke who went down in HK still their owner though? Maybe they have some kind of penalty coming up that the bookie knows about, and we don't!

They beat a few teams around the bottom 1-0 when they had nothing to play for...I hardly think they can be described as having momentum going into next season based on that. Plus they are a basket case in terms of finances and how they are run.

I'm more surprised to see Brentford so high. Warburton is a good manager so they'll have a tough time replacing him.

It will be interesting to see how Brentford perform next season when they start using the chairman, Mathew Benham's, mathematical modelling method. Players will be recruited using statistical analysis of their performance and statistics will be used to tell the new head coach, not manger, what to say at half time. Benham has already tried this with a club in Denmark and performance is measured by analysts in a gantry. The coach is sent a series of text messages just before half time telling him how players have performed and he has to use this as the basis of the half time team talk. Warburton wasn't prepared to work like this, hence his leaving.

(I prefer the Steve Cotterril method)

It will be interesting to see how Brentford perform next season when they start using the chairman, Mathew Benham's, mathematical modelling method. Players will be recruited using statistical analysis of their performance and statistics will be used to tell the new head coach, not manger, what to say at half time. Benham has already tried this with a club in Denmark and performance is measured by analysts in a gantry. The coach is sent a series of text messages just before half time telling him how players have performed and he has to use this as the basis of the half time team talk. Warburton wasn't prepared to work like this, hence his leaving.

I think they will be like us in our second season, decent but not as good as the season gone by, finally finishing 10th

Anyone seen Moneyball with Brad Pitt?

Sounds like this.

And this is why I think it will work for them....they are doing something different.

Clubs who have done well in this division recently, have carried momentum or recruited very wisely.

The Championship is full of teams who have players just doing the rounds....you've only got to look at some very big Clubs in this division, who suffer from players just collecting a wage.

Having a team of fit, young hungry players, with nothing to lose and everything to gain, playing for one another like this season and you'll do well.

I've bet on us to go up again...just like I bet on us to win the league this past season.

I find it amazing that anyone would have a punt on that before the transfer window is even open, and before we know who the last two teams will be. They must do since they always put up odds this early though. Ridiculous.

Not a dig at the OP btw. It's interesting to see that we're obviously well thought of.

This is the time you will find some value though. City were 18/1 for a short period about this time last year

Rowett has done exceptionally well but their squad is still far away from being considered a title winning side, for me anyway.

To be fair, I didn't say they were going to win the league!

They beat a few teams around the bottom 1-0 when they had nothing to play for...I hardly think they can be described as having momentum going into next season based on that. Plus they are a basket case in terms of finances and how they are run.

So, they beat who was put in front of them, on a consistent basis. I'd say that's pretty much all you can do, and I'd also go as far to say there is some momentum there....agree with the last part completely

I would expect all of Ipswich, Wolves, QPR, Forest, Brighton and Blackburn to finish above us. I'd love to be wrong though.

You will be don't worry.  ;)

Surprised to see Burnley with such odds.. think they will be top half at best.

City will finish 2nd.. said it before, saying it again.

16's at this point is screaming at me to lay. Wont take much movement to start the new season with a gert big green screen.

Some interesting angles in that lot for some longer term trading positions.

What does that mean in English mucker?

16's at this point is screaming at me to lay. Wont take much movement to start the new season with a gert big green screen.

Some interesting angles in that lot for some longer term trading positions.

There aren't.

This is one bookmaker's first hack at some prices with a bucket load of margin and not even a complete field of runners.

I wouldn't be at all surprised, in fact I'd say it's odds on, that all teams will be bigger prices than shown there to win the league when a proper exchange market forms.

Yes, absolutely 16s would be a lay, but you can't lay when there's no market.

There aren't.

This is one bookmaker's first hack at some prices with a bucket load of margin and not even a complete field of runners.

I wouldn't be at all surprised, in fact I'd say it's odds on, that all teams will be bigger prices than shown there to win the league when a proper exchange market forms.

Yes, absolutely 16s would be a lay, but you can't lay when there's no market.

Quite correct.

I was speaking hypothetically and have not even looked at the exchanges or bookmakers but simply commenting on the odds quoted.

I find it amazing that anyone would have a punt on that before the transfer window is even open, and before we know who the last two teams will be. They must do since they always put up odds this early though. Ridiculous.

Not a dig at the OP btw. It's interesting to see that we're obviously well thought of.

I put a bet on city last season before any signings had been made and was glad I had a punt!!

Archived