IGNORED

C'mon Bris

Bristol Rob

Next season will be a series of friendly matches with guaranteed promotion. On its own not that enjoyable but individual matches have their own stand out moments.

Is there much to look forward to? Revenge v London Welsh. Leeds seem to be spending big and have brought in rugby league legend Kevin Sinfield. Rotherham always provide decent opposition.

Assuming the Prem is expanding and Bristols place is assured, I'd like to see the British and Irish cup taken seriously.

The blue few will be even more upset when Bristol Sport announce a partnership agreement with GCC.....

I've said too much.

It as been whispered in cricket circle's of new City clubs competing in a form of 20 20 similar to the IPL or big bash , Bristol and Bristol Sport seems ideally placed for such a venture.

The blue few will be even more upset when Bristol Sport announce a partnership agreement with GCC.....

I've said too much.

I'm sure I read somewhere last year that SL was asked about investing in GCC and he said he loves Cricket and follows GCC but had no interest in investing in them.

Of course things can change, especially if their is a new format on the cards, but certainly in recent times he has said no, no, no.

Am I the only one who doesn't follow rugby closely but feels a greater affinity towards Bristol since they became part of the Bristol Sport stable?  I may be wrong, but I also sense we are talking about the rugby team more on here than we have done previously.  Likewise the basketball team has also had a lot more mentions than they surely would have done, had they not been part of the group.

Could it be that the Bristol Sport concept is working in this respect by fostering a greater interest in other sports within the group?

I've said too much.

Given there are a lot of Somerset fans both in BCFC & Bris Rugby it might be a difficult one.

Am I the only one who doesn't follow rugby closely but feels a greater affinity towards Bristol since they became part of the Bristol Sport stable? I may be wrong, but I also sense we are talking about the rugby team more on here than we have done previously. Likewise the basketball team has also had a lot more mentions than they surely would have done, had they not been part of the group.

Could it be that the Bristol Sport concept is working in this respect by fostering a greater interest in other sports within the group?

I think your right there. My interest has certainly spiked.

Am I the only one who doesn't follow rugby closely but feels a greater affinity towards Bristol since they became part of the Bristol Sport stable?  I may be wrong, but I also sense we are talking about the rugby team more on here than we have done previously.  Likewise the basketball team has also had a lot more mentions than they surely would have done, had they not been part of the group.

No, I certainly keep more of an eye out now than I've ever done in the past.

That it really seems to be annoying the gAssholes is merely an added bonus...

You're definitely not alone. Could it be that the stated intent of BS is in fact what is being delivered?

I'm surprised how upset I was about the rugby, I've only ever seen 2 games (Thankyou Bristol Sport ST offer). I'm still mad today.

I honestly don't think I would have the stomach to be a 'proper' fan though. I took being relegated as a football fan and delighted to go up as Champions, even finishing 6th you have a chance of playing for something. But to finish top, be champions and then you are not and not even promoted??? How did anyone seriously think this was fair or even a good idea? Bonkers.

Could be completely wrong but didn't the Birmingham Bears used to be known as Warwickshire? Let's sack of the Gloucestershire rubbish and rename them Bristol.

I actually think this would be a good idea, although I'm not sure GCC supporters would agree.

If they were "Bristol" then I as a sports fan with a general passing interest, would be more inclined to be more active in my support for them.

Could be completely wrong but didn't the Birmingham Bears used to be known as Warwickshire? Let's sack of the Gloucestershire rubbish and rename them Bristol.

Only in T20, but then would you happily let SL change our name to Bristol Sport FC?

I feel exactly the same way. I didn't really give Bristol a second thought in the past but now, as you say, an affinity is there.

Surprised SL hasn't got involved with a cricket club sooner, he loves his cricket doesn't he?

Yes quite often travels with England away. Was once seen sat next to Alan Stamford though!

What on earth is this "C'mon Bris" all about? Apart from the title of this thread I'm sure I saw it on a BS billboard a while back.

Do rugby fans actually shout "C'mon Bris"? C'mon is something you might say to encourage your toddler to stop dawdling, not fire up a team of thick necked rugger buggers.

And is there really any need to shorten "Bristol"? Are two syllables too much for the average watcher of rugby?

A very lily-livered, limp-wristed rallying call IMO.

What on earth is this "C'mon Bris" all about? Apart from the title of this thread I'm sure I saw it on a BS billboard a while back.

Do rugby fans actually shout "C'mon Bris"? C'mon is something you might say to encourage your toddler to stop dawdling, not fire up a team of thick necked rugger buggers.

And is there really any need to shorten "Bristol"? Are two syllables too much for the average watcher of rugby?

I couldn't agree more and that's one of the main reasons I can't bring myself to sit through whole games of Rugby. That atmosphere is rubbish.

The few times that I have been to watch Bristol Rugby, the fans are there politely clapping each team as they score points. Not even for scoring an outstanding try, but even when they kick the egg over the goal.

It lacks the bite, the edge, the rivalry that football has (even though some take that a little bit far on occassion)

What a strange and unnecessary criticism of our rugby friends. "Bris" is a traditional abbreviation associated with Bristol Rugby for years. Much like we refer to ourselves as "City". Get over it!

What a strange and unnecessary criticism of our rugby friends. "Bris" is a traditional abbreviation associated with Bristol Rugby for years. Much like we refer to ourselves as "City". Get over it!

Not that strange, seeing as this is a football forum.

I would wager that the vast majority of Bristolians, if asked, would say "Bris" is an abbreviation of Brislington.

Archived