IGNORED

C'mon Bris

Bristol Rob

Whereas those who point to Bristol's failings are on balance correct, I do feel they've been extremely unlucky.  Luck definitely went against them over the 2 games especially with Jones' and Henson's injuries.  The refereeing also seemed to favour Worcester and one of their fans cheated as well. 

For lard arses that can't play proper football.

I use to think this until I stepped onto a rugby pitch and saw 5 tons on muscle come at me, as wide as a fridge.

Takes skill to take that down and not get smashed into a heap on the floor in the process, believe me.

Nothing beats watching football though

It which case it would have been voted for by Bristol themselves.

No doubt it is a ridiculous format. There is literally no point whatsoever in watching the league fixtures and that's why club rugby will not compete with football in spectator popularity.

Unless you actually quite enjoy watching rugby. You could argue , why do lower league footie teams fans bother watching FA Cup ties when they know they cannot win the thing.

yeah I never understood it. Surely a league system measures you over the season not one game at the end . I am sure it happened to Gloucester that they kept winning the league but never won the playoff .

If I remember correctly it was even worse than that. When the play-off's first came in they didn't count for much, it was just another cup at the end of the season and winning the League was the big prize. The last year of that system, Glos didn't finish in 1st place but won the play-offs. Next season when winning the play-offs was the big prize and winning the league counted for nothing...Glos of course won the league by a mile but got thrashed in the play offs!

We were over the line with 10 to go...

Let them have the try, then defend the last 7 mins with most importantly, all 15 on the pitch - especially Lam who was having an absolute stormer.

Why we did the same as last season and kick for touch rather than take the points escapes me. Play the scoreboard; get in the lead, it's not a time for expansive rugby.

Absolutely devastated.

We were over the line with 10 to go...

Let them have the try, then defend the last 7 mins with most importantly, all 15 on the pitch - especially Lam who was having an absolute stormer.

Why we did the same as last season and kick for touch rather than take the points escapes me. Play the scoreboard; get in the lead, it's not a time for expansive rugby.

Absolutely devastated.

This, the maul would have gone over in the corner too so the conversion may not have gone over either. 

Unless you actually quite enjoy watching rugby. You could argue , why do lower league footie teams fans bother watching FA Cup ties when they know they cannot win the thing.

Because in the FA cup howrver little your chances are you have a small chance of winning it or a tie against one of the big boys.

As a keen Gloucester rugby fan and City season ticket holder I think this is a huge setback for Bristol sport.

Premiership rugby at the gate would have meant a lot of 16500 sell outs next year bringing in good revenue to Bristol sport / Ashton gate. That said London Welsh finished bottom of the premiership this year with no wins so I think it's just a case of waiting another year.

Bristol rugby in the prem against Gloucester, Barf and Leicester at Ashton gate would be superb and in a big 27000 stadium would bring in very large gate receipts .

Bad luck Bristol, Bristol sport and Steve Lansdown but fear not you are one year away now and no more!

Watching on TV it struck me that poor kicking in the first half and indiscipline towards the end of the second were Bristol's undoing.

One interesting statement by the commentator when Bristol were awarded a penalty;

"If last week's Ref had been in charge, he'd have awarded the kick the other way. Different interpretations of the rules".

Watching on TV it struck me that poor kicking in the first half and indiscipline towards the end of the second were Bristol's undoing.

One interesting statement by the commentator when Bristol were awarded a penalty;

"If last week's Ref had been in charge, he'd have awarded the kick the other way. Different interpretations of the rules".

Can't help thinking about the two kicks they turned down pretty much in front of the posts first half. Even though he was useless he would of kicked them.

I had a quick on the gas site to see what they were saying about the Rugby.

What I saw shocked me such bitter,twisted,ill informed,sad, pathetic comments you would ever see on a sports forum.

I really now hoping Sainsburys wins the court case and put this tedious little club with small minded fans out of business for the sake of all sport in Bristol.

What I saw shocked me such bitter,twisted,ill informed,sad, pathetic comments you would ever see on a sports forum.

I really now hoping Sainsburys wins the court case and put this tedious little club with small minded fans out of business for the sake of all sport in Bristol.

Let's buy them and shut them down. Higgs is begging for a way out.  :shifty:

Why are you so shocked? We all know that they and the media round here paint them as some sort of "family club" but the reality is we all know that they are nothing of the sort - we had World War 3 on here because our club, being far too image conscious, asked the "Ultra's" flag to be taken down, and sense prevailed in the end as there are no hooligan connections, whereas at the Gas "Worst Open Top Bus Tour Ever" they actively encouraged the Gas Hit Squad (the ones who go in pubs and terrorise innocent families in the name of being Bristol's Finest) to put their flags up - very much the family club!!

I'm sure the rugby club will survive any insults the Gas throw at them - such as the word "Franchise"; so, so hurtful to both the RFC and ourselves. However will we cope with that level of insults?!!

It sure will be a momentous occasion when it happens.

Why are you so shocked? We all know that they and the media round here paint them as some sort of "family club" but the reality is we all know that they are nothing of the sort - we had World War 3 on here because our club, being far too image conscious, asked the "Ultra's" flag to be taken down, and sense prevailed in the end as there are no hooligan connections, whereas at the Gas "Worst Open Top Bus Tour Ever" they actively encouraged the Gas Hit Squad (the ones who go in pubs and terrorise innocent families in the name of being Bristol's Finest) to put their flags up - very much the family club!!

I'm sure the rugby club will survive any insults the Gas throw at them - such as the word "Franchise"; so, so hurtful to both the RFC and ourselves. However will we cope with that level of insults?!!

I think I'm was shocked due the fact that is was the Rugby club who offered them a home back in Bristol, you would think they might be a bit grateful. When this happen I didn't stop supporting Bristol my home Town Rugby team .

So frustrated. Definitely an element of complacency for the same thing to happen in two successive games when it matters so much, especially with the sin bins.

Bottling aside, the most frustrating thing is that any games Bristol play between now and this time and next year are pointless. The league is a farce. They'll probably win the league again but will definitely finish in the play-offs. Makes the league season worth nothing as nothing to aim for.

Pointless. Stupid. Rant over.

I have no interest in rugby, nevertheless I'm disappointed for those who support Bristol.

It is a stupid way though to decide success and in this case promotion.

I am trying to think of any other sport where winning something only gets you a ticket to try and win it again for real!

So frustrated. Definitely an element of complacency for the same thing to happen in two successive games when it matters so much, especially with the sin bins.

Bottling aside, the most frustrating thing is that any games Bristol play between now and this time and next year are pointless. The league is a farce. They'll probably win the league again but will definitely finish in the play-offs. Makes the league season worth nothing as nothing to aim for.

Pointless. Stupid. Rant over.

What's amazing is that the Rugby fans put up with it every season. The most ridiculous system in UK sport and one that is 100% about the money and zero % about the fans. 

Fifa would never allow this to happen in football without a serious bribe shared equally across all officials.

As a keen Gloucester rugby fan and City season ticket holder I think this is a huge setback for Bristol sport.

Premiership rugby at the gate would have meant a lot of 16500 sell outs next year bringing in good revenue to Bristol sport / Ashton gate. That said London Welsh finished bottom of the premiership this year with no wins so I think it's just a case of waiting another year.

Bristol rugby in the prem against Gloucester, Barf and Leicester at Ashton gate would be superb and in a big 27000 stadium would bring in very large gate receipts .

Bad luck Bristol, Bristol sport and Steve Lansdown but fear not you are one year away now and no more!

You can't help but think that next season London Welsh won't really be the same team they were two years ago. It's probably Bristol's best chance next year IF they keep a decent team together.

Time for AR to move on though.

You can't help but think that next season London Welsh won't really be the same team they were two years ago. It's probably Bristol's best chance next year IF they keep a decent team together.

Time for AR to move on though.

and bring in a quality kicker.

Archived