IGNORED

C'mon Bris

Bristol Rob

I will never understand how any player can commit an infringement that will result in a sin bin. Complete stupidity.  We have seen time and time again how teams take advantage of the loss of a man. Bris should have just let him over and score and the game was still theirs to win. Shocking

I agree.

It's a bit like the (football) defender who sticks his hand out on the goal line to prevent a certain goal; concedes a penalty; is sent off; watches his team go 1-0 down from the penalty (scored 9 times out of ten) and leaves his teammates to defend with only ten men.

They would still have been 1-0 down, but with eleven men.

I have never understood the logic.

I feel really sorry for Bristol, that's no way to lose such an important game. With all their front line players available I think they would have won comfortably, and maybe they would have if the officials had disallowed the first Worcs try as they should have done.

At least they weren't cheated out of it like Connacht were against Glaws on the weekend though, that was disgusting.

I feel really sorry for Bristol, that's no way to lose such an important game. With all their front line players available I think they would have won comfortably, and maybe they would have if the officials had disallowed the first Worcs try as they should have done.

At least they weren't cheated out of it like Connacht were against Glaws on the weekend though, that was disgusting.

I didn't read/hear about that.

What happened?

A particular incident or the game in general?

I didn't read/hear about that.

What happened?

A particular incident or the game in general?

Poite was reffing. He rode Connacht for the entire game, yet they were somehow seven up when he got a perfectly straightforward penalty decision wrong during the last play which Glaws scored from courtesy of an obstruction to take the game to extra time. Even the English commentators admitted it was a bizarre couple of decisions. The worst bit was that Poite sent the obstruction upstairs and the TMO said it was fine!

I love rugby but that game made me sick to the pit of my stomach. No blame to Glaws but Connacht were cheated out of a chance to play in the super duper cup next year. No surprise though, it's entirely set up to cater for the English and French these days.

Anyway, commiserations to Bristol again. They're a much better team than Worcester but they didn't have the discipline to get themselves over the line in a two-legged tie which is poor in the extreme.

I agree.

It's a bit like the (football) defender who sticks his hand out on the goal line to prevent a certain goal; concedes a penalty; is sent off; watches his team go 1-0 down from the penalty (scored 9 times out of ten) and leaves his teammates to defend with only ten men.

They would still have been 1-0 down, but with eleven men.

I have never understood the logic.

Worked for Suarez once in the World Cup

Must be difficult planning for a 2 game season, but fair play to dean Ryan - they were the better team over both legs. I'd hope Bristol would beat London Welsh next year, but can't rule out Leeds if they're bringing in a player of Kevin sinfields talent next season, even if he is league

Acceptable ground facilities...................................Check

Financial stability....................................................Check

Fit and proper owner..............................................Check

Win the league after full season of fixtures............Check

Still don't get promoted.........................................Check

And that, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is why I don't think this Rugger malarkey is for me.  My main abode is in the birthplace of the game ffs.  Just don't seem right somehow

Acceptable ground facilities...................................Check

Financial stability....................................................Check

Fit and proper owner..............................................Check

Win the league after full season of fixtures............Check

Still don't get promoted.........................................Check

And that, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is why I don't think this Rugger malarkey is for me.  My main abode is in the birthplace of the game ffs.  Just don't seem right somehow

No one can argue with that except the old 'they knew the rules at the start of the season' line.

What other sports can learn from Football is the importance of a stable league structure that awards winners and punishes the worst sides with relegation.  Football is a meritocracy. Rugby Union is still influenced by other factors - even at the top level incumbency is still dominant.

Having not really paid much attention to the rugby until this season (I did watch the PO's last year) I'm just looking up Bristol's history and it really does beg belief. Finishing in 1st place four times in six seasons and not earning one promotion.

Madness.

Time to stop moaning about the rules. Absolutely shocking in the last minutes, lack of discipline from experienced players. Along with a kicker who was a complete embarrassment. They have only themselves to blame not the league format.

The last line of your post, super, is at complete odds with the last line of the post above.

Can someone please explain to a non egg chaser like me why on earth this more than silly format exists?

I'm assuming it is something to do with the prem teams having to vote in the decision, but no one wants to vote in favour of what essentially could be their own relegation? Basically all looking after themselves in an "I'm all right jack" kind of way.

The last line of your post, super, is at complete odds with the last line of the post above.

Can someone please explain to a non egg chaser like me why on earth this more than silly format exists?

I'm assuming it is something to do with the prem teams having to vote in the decision, but no one wants to vote in favour of what essentially could be their own relegation? Basically all looking after themselves in an "I'm all right jack" kind of way.

It which case it would have been voted for by Bristol themselves.

No doubt it is a ridiculous format. There is literally no point whatsoever in watching the league fixtures and that's why club rugby will not compete with football in spectator popularity.

Poite was reffing. He rode Connacht for the entire game, yet they were somehow seven up when he got a perfectly straightforward penalty decision wrong during the last play which Glaws scored from courtesy of an obstruction to take the game to extra time. Even the English commentators admitted it was a bizarre couple of decisions. The worst bit was that Poite sent the obstruction upstairs and the TMO said it was fine!

I love rugby but that game made me sick to the pit of my stomach. No blame to Glaws but Connacht were cheated out of a chance to play in the super duper cup next year. No surprise though, it's entirely set up to cater for the English and French these days.

Anyway, commiserations to Bristol again. They're a much better team than Worcester but they didn't have the discipline to get themselves over the line in a two-legged tie which is poor in the extreme.

Thanks for that.

Tragic, but very poor in the final analysis.

Bizarre format for promotion. Would have thought top and bottom exchange places and then play-off winners from 3-5th place in the Championship play 2nd bottom in the Prem. As per the old football format. Can't see rioting egg-chasers causing crowd issues with that format (unlike us footie fans).

As it stands, just utterly pointless attending games until the play-offs.

Come on Exeter Chiefs yet again for next season. The costs of entry to Sandy Park though are horrendous - yet again a consequence of rugby administrators - something to do with shares. We thought FIFA were incompetent!

Archived