IGNORED

Fifa 16

Sir Colby-Tit

I feel exactly the same Roe. Passing really is key this year. Before just used to be able to press the pass button and it would go straight to the player. Now need to make sure the player your passing to is facing you. I just lost 3 nil but some of my passing play was brilliant and im scratching my head how I lost. Its slowly coming together. Im now using 433 (2) on ultra defence and letting the AI tackle for me.

I'm finding this year's Fifa bloody annoying. Still has that issue where from the kick off players just waltz forward and I can't get a foot in until they either score or nearly score and there seems to be dead areas where players cutting in off the wing turn my defence into statues and again I can't get a foot in. Just feels like when I really need to tackle I can't and when I wouldn't even be aware the Ai kicks in and players steam in from nowhere which is handy but God let me tackle when I need to. I also don't seem to be able to smash my shots in, they just end up tame shots which go in occasionally so not sure if I'm missing something or it's the controller playing up. 

15 was very annoying because people would just run down the wing or through balls but There is much less of that now. 16 is frustrating at the moment as I come to grips with it but as someone said above its on the verge of being a great game. Ive had to change my style for this version but I'm sure it will pay off in the long term. Previously I used to ping pong passes around without much thought. I can still do that but a lot morr thought has to go into it. Just wish they would make the rader bigger as its impossible to see the tiny dots.

Bought it Thursday won 50% of matches on online seasons.

Cant say I really like the game to be honest, its slow, poor passing and the shooting is awful on it. Most games are boring as the game is too slow and ends up either 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1. At least with speed the games were actually fun.

I will give it time but this is the worst Fifa I feel at the moment in years. 

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 now that was a game!

I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. Year on year when a new Fifa comes out it seems rubbish at first and you have to take time learning the best way of playing it. In a months time it will be like you never knew anything different.

If they didn't change anything there would be no point in buying the new copy.

On 15 it was too easy to score long range goals whereas this one isn't. Goalkeepers were a nightmare on 15 and seem to have gone to much the other way on 16 where they seem to save everything. But the main thing for me is the pace and through ball that made the game almost pointless playing online at times have been sorted out.

Will be interesting to see people's views in a few weeks.

Thought they might have sorted out the running at goal straight from kick off thing! and I'm also pretty sure I'm getting the same referees which city do. Make lovely sliding tackles where clearly I've won the ball and it's always a free kick. I do miss running down the wing pressing A and tapping it in! Seems they'll never let you do that as easy anymore. I love being Arsenal on it but they're missing a decent striker, last year it was a striker and keeper, Ospina or Chesney would cost me so many games but now Cech is in there it's a lot better. It's worth buying if you like FIFA but if you don't want to spend £60 stick with 15. Not that much difference.

If anyone fancies a game on the Xbox One then add me, Yoda Baggins xx ( I know, quality name)

Thought they might have sorted out the running at goal straight from kick off thing! and I'm also pretty sure I'm getting the same referees which city do. Make lovely sliding tackles where clearly I've won the ball and it's always a free kick. I do miss running down the wing pressing A and tapping it in! Seems they'll never let you do that as easy anymore. I love being Arsenal on it but they're missing a decent striker, last year it was a striker and keeper, Ospina or Chesney would cost me so many games but now Cech is in there it's a lot better. It's worth buying if you like FIFA but if you don't want to spend £60 stick with 15. Not that much difference.

If anyone fancies a game on the Xbox One then add me, Yoda Baggins xx ( I know, quality name)

I value realism so never run from kickoff even in my team which had Ibarbo and Lacazette last season. So stupid when people do that yet it works 50% of the time. People are still trying it yet it's much harder this time.

Seems to me that if you want to play football and be tactile, 16 is definitely better.

If you don't want to play with such thought and prefer a more basic approach and score for fun, stick with 15.

I much prefer 16 and thought that concentration and practice will prevail. As for 15, anyone can play that and score goals.

Kinda like - do you want to play Call of Duty or Battlefield? One game you senselessly run around and kill/die excessively. The other game you have to think more about your movement and work properly to achieve!

At least the refs are realistic, another awful decision, I get clipped on the edge of the box so advantage, a pace or two later another defender bundles my guy but he stays on his feet and gets past him, I'm about to shoot and the refs pulled me back for the 'advantage'.

I had an awful referee in one of my games yesterday. First half their forward was running through when Flint got blatantly shoved over off the ball. Then there was a clear handball on the line that is stupidly turned off online. 2nd half Kodjia clearly tripped in the box, no pen.

Seems to me that if you want to play football and be tactile, 16 is definitely better.

If you don't want to play with such thought and prefer a more basic approach and score for fun, stick with 15.

I much prefer 16 and thought that concentration and practice will prevail. As for 15, anyone can play that and score goals.

Kinda like - do you want to play Call of Duty or Battlefield? One game you senselessly run around and kill/die excessively. The other game you have to think more about your movement and work properly to achieve!

COD is better than battlefield.... well when you take all the Americans, little kids and team killers out of it.

60 bunse?!?!?! You got stitched right up there mate...

:laugh: I'm still on FIFA14.  Gave up on PES around v6, the one with the baldy teams.  It was simply crap in comparison, and I hated not having the lower division teams (I like to do a career managing a L2 team, but not the blue few, natch)

On 16, can you play men vs women?  and how highly rated are the women's teams, in comparison to men's?

Archived