IGNORED

Who Would You Box On This Forum?

Jesus

I've taken up boxing this year, and what a great sport it is. As many of you know, I organise a lot of charity events for the club, and wondered if an organised "white collar" boxing event would work at Ashton Gate? I know they've had white collar events there in the past. 2 questions, do you think people would control themselves if we have a City vs Rovers event?

2nd question. If you could fight anyone on this forum, who would it be?

"Let's get ready to ruuummmbbbllleee"

Yeah, a friend of mine is sorting it. I'm thinking about doing another one. But wondering if it should be an internal City or City vs Rovers thing. Maybe a forum thing could be fun. I'd love to fight Harry.

From scratch. I've now got previous experience, but anyone entering I'm not sure what the rules are.

And I'd love to box Harry, for sure.

I think when anyone talks to you without respect, it annoys you. I just hate disrespect, and people that say things over the Internet that they wouldn't say to you, say if we first met at the pub.

I haven't got many things that really annoy me, but politeness and respect is one that makes me switch, as silly as it may seem to some.

Rustled my jimmies,i love that quote. As above, it was more about the big "I am" about it,and the rudeness. I'm sure he wouldn't be as rude if he disagreed with me in person. I'm sure he would be polite. So why suddenly be some sort of warrior behind a screen?

Anyway, that's not what this is about. Would you buy a ticket to a Bristol City vs Bristol Rovers white collar event? Do you think it could work?

Well I am truly honoured.

So let me get this straight.  You have created a thread regarding a possible charity gig, yet it's quite clearly a thinly veiled attempt to offer me out for a scrap.

I really must have rustled your jimmies as Phileas has suggested.

In the 4th quoted post above, you suggest that I have disrespected you and that I haven't been polite toward you.

Let's look at the evidence shall we :

You started a thread on 14th May 2015 entitled 'Ricardo Vaz Te', in which you asked "What do you think about him as a potential target".

Kid In The Riot responded to you 21 minutes later suggesting that you maybe should have posted such open speculation in the thread someone had previously set up specifically for such musings.

You responded to KITR with the following :

"Miss, miss, badger didn't put his thread in the right place"   :sad26:

Mods, feel free to move this, its obviously deeply troubling for Mr Riot. 

P.s This is neither a transfer, speculation or rumour. I just wanted peoples opinion on the player.

Now if I was KITR, I'd consider your response to be quite rude and disrespectful, given that he did not resort to such an immature attempt at comedy in his initial response.

I then backed up KITR's opinion by stating :

So, you state he's out of contract and want to know what people think of him as a potential target. Then you claim this isn't transfer speculation?

I think KITR is correct. The transfer speculation thread is the place for ridiculous suggestions like this.

For what its worth, I'm happy for that thread to get to 30 pages if it means the forum doesn't get clogged up with crap like this.

For those worried about missing something, if it was worthwhile it'll get its own thread.

I don't believe that my reply was either rude nor disrespectful.  I was backing up the opinion of another poster and was simply trying to make the point that asking about Vaz Te as a "potential target" might be better off in the 'Speculation' thread.  At this point in time, I believe the conversation between ourselves was still 'on the level'.

However, your next reply was :

OK, stop crying.

Why is it "crap"? What is your opinion on the player? For some reason I thought we were on a football forum.

Once again, as with your response to KITR, your reply could have been taken as rude and disrespectful.  Suggesting I should "stop crying" for the simple act of politely suggesting to you that you may have wanted to post a bit of speculation under the speculation thread.

We then move onto the 15th May 2015, when another poster started a thread on someone by the name of Bradley Garmston.  You were the first to respond in the thread by saying "Oh no, you've posted this in the wrong place, Harry is going to have a meltdown".

Again, I could very easily take your comments as being rude and disrespectful, as well as rather immature again.  However, I chose to ignore the brazen attempt to get a bite from me.

Moving on to May 25th now.  Someone started a thread concerning Wes Foderingham.  You added your rather insightful comments of "Harry won't be happy with this thread, I'd be careful"  Sadly I took the bait on this one and called you a nob, to which you corrected my spelling, I advised you that I'd spell my insults how I want, and you then 'emoji'd' me.  How delightful.  You really are a comedy genius aren't you.

So twice you brought my name into a thread in which I was not involved, with a quite obvious rudeness and direspect toward me.

Fast forward to the morning of 30th May, and I wake to find you openly wishing to organise a fight with me.

I think you need to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why some posters on here find you rather obnoxious.  Looking at the evidence above, it is yourself who responded to me and another poster in a rude, disrespectul and immature fashion, yet you are now accusing me of being rude and disrespectful toward you.

You also accuse me of pretending to be the "big I am", and yet it is you who is spoling for a fight on the internet?

It appears that by asking you to post a particular comment within a particular thread, you have really taken offence to this, resulting in needless demeaning of my character on threads I have no involvement in, and you now wish to fight me.  Wow.  I didn't realise you were so delicate to be hurt by such a minor comment.  If I were you I wouldn't consider taking up boxing, I'd see a counsellor and ask them to assess your state of mind, because you appear ready to tip over the edge with little or no provocation.

For what it's worth though Badger, I'll give you the satisfaction of a response to your invitation.  I have no desire to fight you, nor any other member of the Bristol City family.  I have no interest in 'white-collar' boxing.  I've spent plenty of years doing it for real up and down the country, without gloves or headguards, as well as working on doors when I was younger, I've been beaten up, knocked-out, glassed, stamped on, attacked with baseball bats, bricks, shot at, and have now retired from all forms of violence to concentrate on my 18 month old daughter, to give her the life I was not privvy to when I was a youth.

You surprise me as being someone so quickly wishing to resort to violence, given your charitable history.  I think I'll resist your pugnacious demeanour, meaning I probably end up being the 'bigger' man, as opposed to the "Big I Am", which you are seemingly so keen to pose in my direction.  I think you are a vast hyprocrite young man.

Oh and by the way, this isn't boxing, it's 'box-fit" :

A very dignified and factual response Harry....I think we have some people on this forum who may have a problem with you because you are more itk and a very articulate and well appreciated poster. I for one enjoy your vast knowledge of potential targets.

Hopefully this response sees others growing up a bit.

That is the best bite I think I've ever seen. That is truly whale sized.

Anyway, I didn't say I wanted to, it's all hypothetical. This thread isn't about you Harry anyway, it's about a charity boxing event, and seeing people who would be interested in it.

I would say RedM but i have a feeling it would result in a very humiliating defeat for me......

Wow, I've never had my name put forward and be first on the list for anything, then I see someone wants to thump me! Ha Ha

No, don't underestimate yourself, I'm a wimp really, never hit anyone in my life!

Anyway, I didn't say I wanted to, it's all hypothetical. This thread isn't about you Harry anyway, it's about a charity boxing event, and seeing people who would be interested in it.

You very much made this into a thread about Harry, all by yourself!

Harry is certainly one of the better posters on here. Knowledgable, reasoned and very rarely impolite. I don't always agree with him, but his points and opinions are well reasoned.

Anyway, my money would be on Harry to wipe the floor with you, even nowadays, since he's calmed down!

You may infer that this thread isn't about me, but you made it about me by referencing me in 4 separate posts saying you'd love to fight me because you thought I was rude, disrespectful and impolite toward you and I was acting as a net warrior.

Sorry if defending myself offends you.

As for biting. Nice to know you're a mature being, spending your weekends creating threads looking for bites. Well done. You succeeded in getting your bite. Hope you've had a hugely fulfilling sense of self-importance.

As well as my suggestion that you ought to seek counselling for your violent tendencies, maybe you ought to also consider finding something worthwhile to do with your weekends when City aren't playing. Life required, methinks.

I'd fight Harry. He's become a bit of a smart arse with his well written, well evidenced posts.

You're safe for now RedDave.

Maybe me and RedDave could tag-team. Who's your partner Fordy?

You may infer that this thread isn't about me, but you made it about me by referencing me in 4 separate posts saying you'd love to fight me because you thought I was rude, disrespectful and impolite toward you and I was acting as a net warrior.

Sorry if defending myself offends you.

As for biting. Nice to know you're a mature being, spending your weekends creating threads looking for bites. Well done. You succeeded in getting your bite. Hope you've had a hugely fulfilling sense of self-importance.

As well as my suggestion that you ought to seek counselling for your violent tendencies, maybe you ought to also consider finding something worthwhile to do with your weekends when City aren't playing. Life required, methinks.

OK, let's call it quits now. I actually think you're a decent poster for what it's worth.

Anyway, FA cup time.

Small town in Cam.... Your just a small town in Cam.....

See, now you're dissing Cam, which is actually where we are both from

8pm on the green outside Cam Hopton Primary School, that's the mean streets where we grew up

....you don't mess with the Hopton Boys

Archived