IGNORED

Who Would You Box On This Forum?

Jesus

but unfortunately recovering from reconstructive knee surgery and a severed finger, I might have to give it a year to follow up on the idea.

If that was the result of your last fight I might put it to you chap that this just isn't the sport for you....

Oh dear shame you can't be as respectful as Harry when challenged... He has shown how to behave when being unnecessarily targeted over several posts, a few posters challenge your attack and you go into meltdown

Agreed. 

I reckon the boy badger has lost a few future sponsorships after his attitude shown in this thread and his original Ve Tez one.

Funny thing is our greatest heavyweights have all been mongrels. Bob Fitzsimmons was a Cornish, New Zealander based in the USA, Joe Bugner a Hungarian, Briton who went on to Australia and Lennox Lewis a London born Canadian who then based his pro career in Britain.

Regarding your earlier comment about Bugner being underrated as he was in the golden era of heavyweight boxing, I couldn't agree more. To be ranked the fourth best heavyweight in the world during a period that included Ali, Frazier, Norton, Lyle, Foreman,

Shavers, Jimmy Young and a young Larry Holmes is an achievement in itself.

Gave Frazier a very good run for his money and it was an extremely narrow points decision.

Ali too in the Kuala Lumpur fight - but not their rematch.

I'm still waiting for Gammon to come visit. It's been 2 months since he said he was on his way over...not sure he has the right address?

Gotta laugh at this thread tho.

I've been punching a bag for a year = I'm well hard let's fight.

:) made I laugh....this thread is embarrassing though....

Gave Frazier a very good run for his money and it was an extremely narrow points decision.

Ali too in the Kuala Lumpur fight - but not their rematch.

I think the Kuala Lumpur fight was the rematch in 1975. I think the first fight was in Las Vegas in 73 or 72. Agree about the rematch though. He kept saying he wouldn't fall for Ali's rope a dope and would just stay in the centre of the ring if Ali went on the ropes. As it transpired, it was Bugner who spent the vast majority of the 15 rounds with his back to the ropes doing very little offensively . Agree about the Frazier fight. That was a rip roaring contest. 

Some white collar boxer called Gasman he wears shitty quarter shorts, I would like to box him

I don't think you would, he is fighting on Lee Haskins world title fight undercard.

Duane Winters is his name, and I'm pretty sure he is from your side of town. We may well be shite at football, but all the best local boxers have been  Gas :)

I don't think you would, he is fighting on Lee Haskins world title fight undercard.

Duane Winters is his name, and I'm pretty sure he is from your side of town. We may well be shite at football, but all the best local boxers have been Gas :)

I take your boxers and raise you explosive left handed opening batsmen.

Duane Winters is his name, and I'm pretty sure he is from your side of town. We may well be shite at football, but all the best local boxers have been  Gas :)

i never saw any bristolians at crufts?

I think the Kuala Lumpur fight was the rematch in 1975. I think the first fight was in Las Vegas in 73 or 72. Agree about the rematch though. He kept saying he wouldn't fall for Ali's rope a dope and would just stay in the centre of the ring if Ali went on the ropes. As it transpired, it was Bugner who spent the vast majority of the 15 rounds with his back to the ropes doing very little offensively . Agree about the Frazier fight. That was a rip roaring contest.

All on free-to-watch TV.

Those were the days!

shame they weren't in your firm then innit would have been interesting

I run a boxing club.   So if anyone ever needs somewhere to train or hold a 'fight nigh' just yell

Personally I wouldn't box anyone here (I'd probably loose my coaching badge).  Even so, it seems the older you get the slower you are and that is most definitely a hindrance  ;)

I jumped in to spar with one of our lads recently.  He is 15.    I may or may not have been second best :facepalm:

Fair play to the OP for taking up boxing.  A very tough sport to become good at.   Very few people have the patience and discipline.

If you ever need help or advice with anything boxing related, just IM me

Boxing : It's simple but it's not easy!

I think we should cater for those who like to have the occasional tantrum on the forum.  Instead of a boxing match, it could be handbags at twelve paces.  Of course, the correct choice of handbag is essential. 

Duane Winters is his name, and I'm pretty sure he is from your side of town. We may well be shite at football, but all the best local boxers have been Gas :)

Ha fair play, at least you got the footy bit right ;)

I run a boxing club.   So if anyone ever needs somewhere to train or hold a 'fight nigh' just yell

Personally I wouldn't box anyone here (I'd probably loose my coaching badge).  Even so, it seems the older you get the slower you are and that is most definitely a hindrance  ;)

I jumped in to spar with one of our lads recently.  He is 15.    I may or may not have been second best :facepalm:

Fair play to the OP for taking up boxing.  A very tough sport to become good at.   Very few people have the patience and discipline.

If you ever need help or advice with anything boxing related, just IM me

Boxing : It's simple but it's not easy!

Out of interest what club?

My lad boxed for Barton Hill, and  I used to get exhausted just watching the training!

It's certainly never been a sport I have ever wanted to take up, but I admire any kid who does. As you would know, when a lad goes 'away' to a club to fight, the atmosphere can be pretty partisan, and it isn't uncommon to see a few hundred at these events , and in a smallish venue that is a huge crowd.  It takes an awful lot of balls for a teenage lad to step into the ring when most of the crowd are shouting for the other kid, and it takes even more balls to get a bit of a hiding, then go back and do the same thing a few weeks later.

How about a mud fight between dolly and in the net

A previous post has suggested this bout between myself and the Dollicious one but I have expressed my desire to substitute the mud with Jelly. Any other suitors must kindly wait their turn or I will beat the living crap out of them............ in a gentlemanly fashion of course

Archived