IGNORED

Best Goal Ever?

AshtonGreat

Yeah Messi only does it in a league with three good teams. Except he doesn't - he also does it against the likes of Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Man United, Man City, Brazil... I could go on. And your post ignored what I already argued: most players can score a few good goals in their career. Messi has done it dozens of times and at the highest level

even I've put a left footed volley into the top corner from 35 yards (a complete fluke but stil a screamer)

Messi is one of the worlds best footballers and up there with the best there has ever been like ronaldo maradonna, Van Bastan and Bas Savage

even I've put a left footed volley into the top corner from 35 yards (a complete fluke but stil a screamer)

Messi is one of the worlds best footballers and up there with the best there has ever been like ronaldo maradonna, Van Bastan and Bas Savage

Precisely Monkeh - me too (except maybe 25 yards for me!)

Precisely Monkeh - me too (except maybe 25 yards for me!)

I was just kicking it forward at the time not even having a shot but everyone is capable of a least one goal of top flight screamers,

difference is it happens once maybe twice in a lifetime for us, for players like messi and ronaldo it happens all the time

I am pleased to report that the best goal ever was scored by me.

It was the summer of 1992 up the Downs by the watertower. I was playing for shirts against skins in a 16 a side game.

It was the well into the third hour of the game and the score was 21-20 to skins. I collected the ball from a throw by the goalie in our own half, and went on a mazy run upfield. I waltzed past 10 drunk defenders and only had the keeper to beat.

I sized him up, saw the fear in his bloodshot eyes, and put my laces through it. The ball smacked him straight in the bonce and bounced back to me. Whilst the keeper was clutching his fizzog and staggering in circles I deftly headed the rebound over him, clipping the traffic cone before going over the imaginary line for the equaliser.

/close thread.

I am pleased to report that the best goal ever was scored by me.

It was the summer of 1992 up the Downs by the watertower. I was playing for shirts against skins in a 16 a side game.

It was the well into the third hour of the game and the score was 21-20 to skins. I collected the ball from a throw by the goalie in our own half, and went on a mazy run upfield. I waltzed past 10 drunk defenders and only had the keeper to beat.

I sized him up, saw the fear in his bloodshot eyes, and put my laces through it. The ball smacked him straight in the bonce and bounced back to me. Whilst the keeper was clutching his fizzog and staggering in circles I deftly headed the rebound over him, clipping the traffic cone before going over the imaginary line for the equaliser.

/close thread.

so you were playing with blokes on the downs with no shirts on?

Yeah Messi only does it in a league with three good teams. Except he doesn't - he also does it against the likes of Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Man United, Man City, Brazil... I could go on. And your post ignored what I already argued: most players can score a few good goals in their career. Messi has done it dozens of times and at the highest level

so the players at low levels are discounted because they don't have the opportunity at a higher level?

I don't really get your point then. Clearly the strongest league he is producing in.

its not a competitive league, you have 3 very strong ones, and the rest are turd whereas the prem has 6 strong teams, albeit not as strong ones, 8 Middle-ish teams and 6 or so that will be fighting for survival from the start because they are weak

its not a competitive league, you have 3 very strong ones, and the rest are turd whereas the prem has 6 strong teams, albeit not as strong ones, 8 Middle-ish teams and 6 or so that will be fighting for survival from the start because they are weak

so who are the very strong ones?

Archived