IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

I recall when Surrey gave Somerset free tickets for the T20 game at the Oval a few years ago.. they put us in a block with a load of pissed up corporates. Needless to say it did kick off at the end..

My love for Hampshire and Surrey is on a par with Rovers. Horrible clubs.

Was that the game when the charming Batty got involved in a spat with Peter Trego?

I recall when Surrey gave Somerset free tickets for the T20 game at the Oval a few years ago.. they put us in a block with a load of pissed up corporates. Needless to say it did kick off at the end..

My love for Hampshire and Surrey is on a par with Rovers. Horrible clubs.

I don't think too many people would argue with that, Tom

Cesspits, the pair of them

I remember Glos v Worcs 20 plus years ago, non stop drinking then it all kicked off when a worcs fan threatened my mate with a cricket bat, fighting went onto the pitch! Cracking day, think they changed the drinking hours at the ground after that.

Anyone else really enjoying the game at Headingley at the mo? I think it's great... 

In all seriousness, I don't want Somerset to go down, but Yorks are just unstoppable at the minute. If one player fails someone else steps up. And all this has been achieved this season without the worlds number 1 batsmen for pretty much any of it

Anyone else really enjoying the game at Headingley at the mo? I think it's great... 

In all seriousness, I don't want Somerset to go down, but Yorks are just unstoppable at the minute. If one player fails someone else steps up. And all this has been achieved this season without the worlds number 1 batsmen for pretty much any of it

The current Yorkshire team are going to be dominant for a few years yet I'm happy to say. They're starting to put me I'm mind of the 60s team that I used to watch as a kid - Trueman, Close Illingworth, Boycott, John Hampshire, Phil Sharpe, Jimmy Binks etc..

Still hoping Somerset survive though - a good gang down there and Taunton is a great place to go to watch cricket imo. I think they will (just). 

Don't want to tempt fate but Glos looking good against the Yorkies

This is like watching Barcelona getting turned over by Forest Green Rovers. Grrr!

A good performance by Glos though and Klinger in particular. .

Well done and good luck in the final (through gritted teeth, obviously).

This is like watching Barcelona getting turned over by Forest Green Rovers. Grrr!

A good performance by Glos though and Klinger in particular. .

Well done and good luck in the final (through gritted teeth, obviously).

Our limited overs teams are very much a work in progress at the minute though. Great place for Fisher, Carver et al to learn the game though and there was improvement in both 50 and 20 over cricket this season IMO 

Just need England to stop pinching all our players and we'll get a clean sweep!

PS fair play to Glos though, Klinger and Marshall were excellent and I think their bowlers did well to check Yorkshire after the start Lyth gave us

Edited by chipdawg

Our limited overs teams are very much a work in progress at the minute though. Great place for Fisher, Carver et al to learn the game though and there was improvement in both 50 and 20 over cricket this season IMO 

Just need England to stop pinching all our players and we'll get a clean sweep!

PS fair play to Glos though, Klinger and Marshall were excellent and I think their bowlers did well to check Yorkshire after the start Lyth gave us

After the start we had I thought we were heading for 300-320, so much credit goes to Glos for pulling that back. The headlines will go to Klinger, but the Glos bowlers deserve much credit. Never thought that Yorkshire take the one day game, and in particular 20-20 all that seriously.  

Having sat through the Ashes series am sure the rise of the 20 over game is destroying 'proper' cricket.  I lost count of the number of times that a team needed a batsman to occupy the crease and accumulate runs. It didn't really happen and I think I'm correct in saying that no match got to a fifth day. Maybe that's what spectators want these days....

Edited by Calculus