IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

I didn't like him before he played for Worcester

I didn't like him when he played for Worcester

I still don't like him

I don't think I ever will, Aiz!

have to say though his words after the game to Atherton were pretty classy. Plus he (as captain) has hada lot  to deal with in terms of the effects of Tom Maynard's death.

Still enjoy humming the occasional 'oh if Batty plays for England so can I' mind....

have to say though his words after the game to Atherton were pretty classy. Plus he (as captain) has hada lot  to deal with in terms of the effects of Tom Maynard's death.

Still enjoy humming the occasional 'oh if Batty plays for England so can I' mind....

To be honest, I didn't see the interview

There's just something about the bloke that winds me up the wrong way. Pretty sure I read somewhere that team mates adore the bloke, probably a jealousy thing!!

Pretty decent day for Somerset. Only another 3 points required so another 40 runs makes that 6 wickets required. If they fail to do that then the pitch is flat as you like and a draw is 99.99% certain. I'd say they are 2/3rds of the way to safety.

Do hope they dig up the wicket post season and at least try and make it create results 

First part of that job complete, Tom, after a bit of a wobble. Six wickets in 110 overs for safety. Be nice to win the game from here though, go out on a high. Hopefully the 17-4 from earlier is an indication that the pitch is doing something.

Let's hope there are no celebrations still been a shockingly bad season in all formats.

Too right. Hoping for a couple of batsmen and a 'keeper to come in for the new season. I don't know how long Allenby's contract is, but surely Cooper at least won't be retained. Hopefully we can use our overseas ticket on a very good batsman who will actually be here for most of the season. Getting Rehman was incredibly stupid given that we've Leach and then Dockrell sat on his arse for most of the season.

• Like 1

Samit Patel called up for Ansari... ffs. If you wanted a spinner who was an all rounder then go for Borthwick as he may have an England future, picking a guy who for years couldn't be bothered to follow a fitness regime to try and play for his country raises questions over his motivation for me. Or if just a spinner then Craine, Riley, Kerrigan etc to take on tour for experience.

• Like 2

Too right. Hoping for a couple of batsmen and a 'keeper to come in for the new season. I don't know how long Allenby's contract is, but surely Cooper at least won't be retained. Hopefully we can use our overseas ticket on a very good batsman who will actually be here for most of the season. Getting Rehman was incredibly stupid given that we've Leach and then Dockrell sat on his arse for most of the season.

Cooper has a euro passport right? He'll be retained, has shown promise towards the end of the season, so another season should be in order incase it took him time to settle. As for overseas players, I wouldn't mind a seam bowler (Southee or Boult maybe if they can be persuaded), maybe a overseas keeper if we can't find a suitable domestic keeper. I do think somerset need to go for a star overseas player if just to give everything a lift. De Kock as a keeper, Ronchi maybe... Shane Watson considering player county cricket next year dare I say it.

Cooper has a euro passport right? He'll be retained, has shown promise towards the end of the season, so another season should be in order incase it took him time to settle. As for overseas players, I wouldn't mind a seam bowler (Southee or Boult maybe if they can be persuaded), maybe a overseas keeper if we can't find a suitable domestic keeper. I do think somerset need to go for a star overseas player if just to give everything a lift. De Kock as a keeper, Ronchi maybe... Shane Watson considering player county cricket next year dare I say it.

Yes,  Cooper is a Netherlands international. In fairness to him he's had a hell of a difficult year but I think we need a couple of batsmen. If we can get a good keeper batsman we could get away with one more addition there.  I wasn't sure about seamers but there's a chance that one or more of the three young seamers will be away a bit next year too...

Hes still young but needs to learn to control his temper. He's started to look a tad tired in last couple of games so maybe not a bad thing. I'd just being Gregory in for him and remain otherwise unchanged from Sussex.

I'm pretty sure that MM mentioned at a recent Somerset meeting that Cooper would be classed as an overseas player next season and that, on this basis, he would not be retained - MM even went so far as to suggest he (MM) would be shot if he did so.

Hes still young but needs to learn to control his temper. He's started to look a tad tired in last couple of games so maybe not a bad thing. I'd just being Gregory in for him and remain otherwise unchanged from Sussex.

Not sure what is going on with the quotes - I wanted to reply to MR.

Warwickshire need 225 to win on a very strange wicket in dodgy weather conditions - a Somerset win is still very much on the cards.