IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Just now, Super said:

Imagine what it's going to be like on day four...……………………...

Well if commentators are to be believed this time, they say Taunton pitches offer more on day 1 but then degrade slower. Also that's assuming this games getting past day 2 :laugh:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I notice all the buthurt Middlesex fans crying about last season on twitter already.  Also Vaughan had a pop at Taunton but doesn't mention Kent..

Wait for him to comment when our guys can't play against spin in Sri Lanka, as long as the pitch isn't dangerous and ages fairly through the game then spinning decks should be encouraged.

On 01/09/2018 at 09:50, cidercity1987 said:

FAO all you Bristolians that go to Taunton for your cricket. 

Do you also go to Bath for your Rugby? Somerset an all.

Are you part of the reason why Bristol is so shit at top level sport?

And before the North or South of the river gobblegook gets quoted at me, if we followed that in football then Rovers would be significantly bigger than us.

I've watched Somerset play a home game in Bristol, the Imperial ground was used a few times for JPL games back in the day. That part of Bristol, including Ashton Gate was in Somerset

I think the majority of Somrset / City fans on here are part of the thousands that come up from W-S-M, Nailsea, Taunton, Minehead, Bridgwater, Clevedon all in the lovely county Somerset

• Like 3

Watching the replays Trescothick's looks outside the line of leg stump, held up a ruler edge of stump to stump on my screen ( :laugh: ) and you can see all of the ball when it pitches. Hildreth when try and dab/cut it, know it was a straight one but still. Abell done lifting his foot now too...