IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I think 300-350 might be a decent score on here. Allenby failed again with a very poor shot. I believe we batted with a lot of guile yesterday and perhaps we might bowl better..  Gregory quite often gets the ball moving at Lords.

I saw Allenby's shot on that site - a shocker indeed.

Apparently the pitch is very, very slow and destined to deteriorate further - some balls keeping low, but this morning's fall of wickets (Allenby excepted) appears to be due to a combination of new ball and weather (muggy and cloud cover).

I can't recall whether Gregory's recent wonderful performance was at Lords or the Oval. 

21 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

There we are - 300 up and, without wishing to tempt fate, quite a tidy partnership developing between Treeego and Gregory.

I think the batting looks pretty strong taking 20 wickets is going to be the struggle every game, lack that top class bowler.

On 5/21/2016 at 18:21, Barrs Court Red said:

It's like a non league venue yet more expensive than Wembley. £6 for a burger, or a bargain £8.50 is you want chips. They're doing the same £1 plastic glass con as Bristol rugby too.

You can pack your own food if you don't want to pay those prices. It is on the high side, but then cricket doesn't really have the money flowing into it that football has, so cricket clubs tend to have a mentality to 'cash in whilst you can.' 

Your non league comments are a bit harsh, They have spent £7m on the new Pavillion,Stands and parking. Also £12m on the new floodlights. It has been significantly improved on what was previously there. Its a real step up in class from The Mem and that's now a L1 venue!

It was cold, windy and wet towards the end which probably didn't help with your experience, but there's not much better than a Friday night under the lights on a warm clear night cheering the Glos on for the win. 

19 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

For those Somerset fans that haven't been in the new pavilion yet, here's the view from the top, taken last week against Yorkshire.

Cracking view of a lovely ground with the Quantocks as a backdrop.

Also, notice the healthy crowd for a Monday in May. For a small town in a rural county, the championship crowds are the envy of just about every other county.

image.jpeg

There is, of course, ****-all else to do in Taunton :noexp:

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

9 down and the pitch starting to show some gremlins.  I think 400ish could be not a bad score. Again its if we've got the ability to take 20 wickets in two and a bit days..

Think we have that answer already.

• Admin
On 20 May 2016 at 21:24, Super said:

Bloody Kent always seem to beat us.

Well we haven't beaten anyone else, so thanks for that ;) 

Things look to be a bit better this season (for Kent) after a few years in the doldrums. Tried well & Haggett have skittles Derbyshire out for 94 this morning to give us a chance of getting our 2nd victory of the season and it's still only May!

• Like 1

• Admin
14 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Think Somerset probably had enough before the light went. Trego with his 6th 50 in a row and sadly Hildy deprived of a ton.  Simply must beat Surrey next - let's have a more fruitful wicket at Taunton please..

Looking forward to a few days of cider - cricket - sunshine

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Looking forward to the usual "banter" on the boundary with Somerset's favourite Mr Gareth Batty

See Jos just signed a new deal oop North, that's those rumours put to be now

We gave the Batty one a fair amount of "banter" at Lord's :D 

• Like 1