IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin
6 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

I think that is quite nice @phantom

As a sports shirt, maybe. But the yellow is used by so many other counties. Made me laugh Somerset said they were using the yellow as it's the main colour in the County flag, funny how up to now they've always used the maroon flag 

20170405_224535.jpg

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

As a sports shirt, maybe. But the yellow is used by so many other counties. Made me laugh Somerset said they were using the yellow as it's the main colour in the County flag, funny how up to now they've always used the maroon flag 

20170405_224535.jpg

It may be referring to this

1200px-Somerset_Flag.svg.png

They used the maroon flag as its the general colour scheme they have used but the county flag colour is the yellow.

I also like the shirt though.

Edited by hodge
  • Like 1

Watched the WI / Pakistan ODI on TV. Pakistan hit 308 in their 50 overs. After 25 overs, WI had reached just108. Jason Mohammed then came in to bat in a way reminiscent of that Windies team of the 70s. WI won with an over to spare.

• Admin
On 4/16/2017 at 18:05, kivsy said:

Gloucestershire la,la,la.     Somerset fans a bit cocky before the season started.     .... dare to dream as they say.    

Here come the Bristol Rovers of the cricket world - getting a one off result in the lower league and suddenly they are world beaters again :whistle:

Went down to Taunton on Sunday and have to say that was not the outcome that I was expecting, Cook was simply outstanding all day, there was one big LBW shout in the first half an hour but apart from that he was never in trouble, it was incredible how many bowling changes (and ends) we did but nothing paid off - easy to see why Essex did so well last season.

Sadly a typical Somerset pitch for April and a typical early season performance from us

• Like 1