IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

7 hours ago, Tomarse said:

****king idiot. Why not just nudge it around.

A mistake certainly, but not where Somerset lost it IMO.

Was at Taunton yesterday watching Bess and Leach easily running through the Yorkshire second innings. By the time Yorkshire were 8 down 7 of the eight wickets had gone to the spinners (Craig Overton had the other). Instead of keeping going with the spinners they took the new ball and brought on a seam attack. Result was that the Yorkshire 9th wicket put on an easy 50 with no problems. Spinners eventually brought back on and brought the innings to a close leaving Ballance stranded on 98. A very stupid decision by Somerset that cost a completely unnecessary 40 runs or so and eventually the match.

Other thing I should mention was the form of Trescothick - look completely out of form, several near misses before being out for 7 and head down, shambling his way back to the pavilion. Looked very low on confidence to me - sad to see, because he's been a fantastic servant.

• Like 1

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Super said:

do they usually say you should look to double the total after 30 overs?!

Especially with wickets in hand

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

They could declare now and I'd have no confidence of us chasing 200 :rofl2br:

That's 100 more than I thought 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

It was Jamie's fault but to be honest we were always chasing the game. It was a real good effort but we bowled poorly and could have restricted them.  67/3 and the damage was done.. after that it was a truly great effort. So frustrating to end on a run out but feeling a bit for Jamie as he looked absolutely gutted at end esepcially after yesterday. He didn't bowl well and also dropped a dolly.

So staring down the barell of relegaiton, out of the one day cup.   Just the T20 and somehow staying up left 2 month into the season. Maynard has to sort it out or get out.

It would of just made sense to not take the run as it was the last ball of the over, better off having JO on strike next over. Great effort though