IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Just now, Super said:

Well done Notts. Well played Alex Hales top innings.

And Chris Read. You`ve got to be happy for him, twenty years at Notts and retiring this year. One of the most underrated players around - he would have played a lot more internationals if he`d played for one of the `right` counties I have no doubt.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And Chris Read. You`ve got to be happy for him, twenty years at Notts and retiring this year. One of the most underrated players around - he would have played a lot more internationals if he`d played for one of the `right` counties I have no doubt.

I think looking more for a keeper that can bat has meant he never got more games for England. Certainly a very good keeper along with Foster.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Hahaha unlucky Slurrey. Not. 

Great for Chris Read. That was such a typical innings of his - when Notts need him he's as dependable as ever. 

Nice shot at the end of the Surrey captain, name escapes me for the moment, standing hands on hips looking very dejected!:clapping:

Edited by Red Right Hand

1 hour ago, Super said:

I think looking more for a keeper that can bat has meant he never got more games for England. Certainly a very good keeper along with Foster.

I think that's exactly right. Read and Foster were both unfortunate to be playing in an era where things were moving on from purely selecting on keeping ability to picking keepers for their batting above anything else. Both were ok with the bat, just not as good as the likes of Prior, Buttler etc.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I, for one, wish he had played a lot of international cricket, thus keeping him away from the county circuit. He seemed to always stay in for hours and/or score a mountain of runs against Somerset