IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

7 minutes ago, Super said:

painfully out of nick what was it 4 off 56 balls today?

Yes - he got 86(I think) last game. He was 7 from 80 balls though. He could be scoring first-class centuries at that rate and for me shouldn't be in the England XI. imagine him and Cook opening... we'd be lucky to reach a 50 run partnership in 2 sessions. Whenever we've asked Cook to be more positive he's been crap. Hameed would bring the worst out of Cookie IMO

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Got bounced out by Trego didn't he? Aussie quickies would be laughing at the prospect of him opening in Aus. 

The words bounced and Aussie in the same paragraph scares me.

Westley, Broad, Root, Ali, Malan... walking wickets against pure bounce, Root maybe less so in this point of his career but has certainly struggled with it in recent years.

Could be a long winter!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Yes - he got 86(I think) last game. He was 7 from 80 balls though. He could be scoring first-class centuries at that rate and for me shouldn't be in the England XI. imagine him and Cook opening... we'd be lucky to reach a 50 run partnership in 2 sessions. Whenever we've asked Cook to be more positive he's been crap. Hameed would bring the worst out of Cookie IMO

The words bounced and Aussie in the same paragraph scares me.

Westley, Broad, Root, Ali, Malan... walking wickets against pure bounce, Root maybe less so in this point of his career but has certainly struggled with it in recent years.

Could be a long winter!!

Can't say I saw much of Stoneman this summer, anyone know what he's like against the short ball? 

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Can't say I saw much of Stoneman this summer, anyone know what he's like against the short ball? 

Better than everything else we've got!

30 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

9 down. Not sure id enforce the follow on. Tricky call 

I think you have to make them follow on. Bowlers are pumped up for you, early couple of wickets and happy days...

2 hours ago, hodge said:

So Leach's 103 wickets is more than anyone else in 4 day county cricket since the start of last season.... 

Yes. I couldn`t stop laughing earlier when Don Topley said on the radio he should be on the plane to Australia. A Somerset player picked for England? Never in a million years old boy - he`s the wrong sort dontcha know.

Now, if he played for Middlesex that would be a different matter altogether............

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yes. I couldn`t stop laughing earlier when Don Topley said on the radio he should be on the plane to Australia. A Somerset player picked for England? Never in a million years old boy - he`s the wrong sort dontcha know.

Now, if he played for Middlesex that would be a different matter altogether............

Sad but true......Tres and Caddick were the last to play for England I think.

That one reason Buttler left Somerset.