IGNORED

Jet Has Signed For Qpr

Dollymarie

If played right he would be a handful in the Premier League.

Time will tell but for me this was the wrong decision to let him go, I still don't really get it.

I doubt we had too much of a choice in the matter. He probably knew long before the season ended who was in for him and how much he could expect to earn. I can't believe for one second that he went into Cotterills office without knowing his future.

Fantastic player, and was part of one of the best squads we've had here for scores of years; his pair of medals from last year prove that.

His detractors will remember the frustration, but going to choose to recall the times he effortlessly dominated games, and was the catalyst for some excellent results.

Hope he does well, but no love for QPR, so hope he is a standout in a poor side.

Big risk to build a team at Championship level around someone who to this point still has a lot to prove. Clearly he has a greater level of innate technique and flair than some, and a bit of personality; but there are reservations over fitness and application, and 10 minute cameos and some FIFA Playstation tricks against League One defenders is the track record so far. Like playing with ten men having him in the team a lot of the time, QPR can't afford to do that. We'll finish above them.

That sums him up, especially the comment like having 10 men, never was and never will be a Cotts type player. 

As much as people say that Cotts was stupid for letting him go, I'm not entirely sure he would have stayed even if we wanted to keep him.

Let's be honest, QPR have probably had an interest for a while and I'm sure JET and is agent knew about that. I doubt we would have been able to give him a three year deal and QPR are blatantly paying him more than we would and, by the sound of things, consider him to be a first team player.

Sad to see him go but not entirely sure it was completely up to us. Even if we had offered him a new contract, I still think he'd be a QPR player now.

He will do nothing for them but for us he would of been quality if given the chance next season. He clearly was settled here and had that free role he needs when played, at qpr he will be stuck in a fixed role and will eventually loose motivation and put in no effort, like he did before he came to us. I still can't get my head round why cotts didn't play him more and offer him a contract as he would of be a key player for us next season, although I think cotts decided he was going to be released the minute he turn up for pre season last year overweight.

Let's all remember for a minute that he has never consistently done well at Championship level.

He will be in and out of the QPR team, just as he was here.

No doubt that we will see highlights of some great skills and wonderfull goals from him next season, but I also don't doubt that people will also be able to link to threads on the QPR forum where people are frustrated with him and suggesting that he doesn't offer enough.

If he was consistent and a bit fitter then no doubt he would be a top premiership player. Fact is he isn't and he won't be.

Top man, great talent but he will be QPR's asset as well as liability at times next season.

Let's all remember for a minute that he has never consistently done well at Championship level.

He will be in and out of the QPR team, just as he was here.

No doubt that we will see highlights of some great skills and wonderfull goals from him next season, but I also don't doubt that people will also be able to link to threads on the QPR forum where people are frustrated with him and suggesting that he doesn't offer enough.

If he was consistent and a bit fitter then no doubt he would be a top Premier League player. Fact is he isn't and he won't be.

Top man, great talent but he will be QPR's asset as well as liability at times next season.

Fair comments but just because that's been his story with us and I guess also with Ipswich before, does that mean his career will always be like that? I'd argue that (although playing at a lower level) he has improved since joining us and has been better for us than he was for Ipswich or Cardiff despite still finding himself in and out of the team.

Is there more improvement from him to come or will he always be an 'in and out' of the team type player? It's possible that will be the case at QPR but it's equally possible that he'll be a real hit or even a flop!

If played right he would be a handful in the Premier League.

Time will tell but for me this was the wrong decision to let him go, I still don't really get it.

I think the first sentence nearly sums it up perfectly. I agree that to get the best out of JET he needs to be played in the right position / formation, but it's also up to him. If, by sum miracle, he could change and "play right" he would be a Premier League star. By that I mean he would need to eliminate those games when he disappears completely and the rest of the team effectively plays with 10 men. If he was that sort of player he wouldn't have played for City in league 1 and wouldn't have been released by Ipswich.

Great player on his day, and worked much harder than he was given credit for. However, he could still be a liability some days.

Sad to see him go but if the rumours I've heard about his possible replacement are true we've got nothing to worry about.

JET undoubtedly improved while with us.

His scoring record at Ipswich was less than 10 goals in 75 games?! Correct me if I'm wrong.

With us the big fella was class on and off the pitch.

I think we'll miss him and regret letting him go at the age of 24

He was playing against far better teams at Ipswich.

We shall see how he gets on v championship defences.

JET undoubtedly improved while with us.

His scoring record at Ipswich was less than 10 goals in 75 games?! Correct me if I'm wrong.

With us the big fella was class on and off the pitch.

I think we'll miss him and regret letting him go at the age of 24

Stats stats stats. The annoyance of modern day football.

He was playing at a higher level and mostly on the wing but you keep using stats.

Will not someone think of the shirt!!!!!

JET in hoops. Massive. He'll play central-mid, right and left wing back in one.

Unbelievable talent and entertainer. Sad loss but maybe it'll work out for the best for us. Onwards and upwards.

Stats stats stats. The annoyance of modern day football.

He was playing at a higher level and mostly on the wing but you keep using stats.

Not sure how you rate players without looking at ratings/stats?

I remember you started a thread the evening we stuffed Bradford away and gave each player a rating out of ten in the same post as you said 'who really cares about players' ratings'....that did make me chuckle at the time!

He will do nothing for them but for us he would of been quality if given the chance next season. He clearly was settled here and had that free role he needs when played, at qpr he will be stuck in a fixed role and will eventually loose motivation and put in no effort, like he did before he came to us. I still can't get my head round why cotts didn't play him more and offer him a contract as he would of be a key player for us next season, although I think cotts decided he was going to be released the minute he turn up for pre season last year overweight.

Your first sentence stinks of petulance

Great player on his day, and worked much harder than he was given credit for. However, he could still be a liability some days.

Sad to see him go but if the rumours I've heard about his possible replacement are true we've got nothing to worry about.

It's Akos Bukkake is n't it ?   Like the Mounties we finally get our man.  :rain:

Archived