IGNORED

The Ashes

bs3

It is a morning to bowl but I cannot see Cook being brave enough to put them in. Will get easier as day goes on I think so will try to get through morning session. They might put us in though. Pretty sure we will be batting in 1.5 hours regardless of who wins the toss.

And sure we will be something like 80-3 at lunch

Indeed I'd bowl in this weather conditions are going to be similar tomorrow

Pundits all seem to suggest batting first.  I guess you wouldn't want to be batting last on it if its turns a bit.  Might even be one of those 'tosses' to lose.

Care to back up your view on Lyth with reasons?

^ this - he's scored runs in county cricket, lots of them

Not sure what else a fella can do. Might all go belly up, but unless he gets a chance how will we know?

Never liked the way he bats! That's just me though and as I said, I'd love to be proven wrong. Come on England

I don't see anyone else banging the runs in the CC either.. Compton is shit out of form, Trott has retired/didn't work as opener.  We have to let this young team develop, even if it means we lose this series..  Lyth, Root, Ballance, Stokes, Butler and Bairstow are the future.. 

How the f u ck does that shocking stadium get an Ashes test when Headingley doesn't, cricket is losing all its traditions, the first test should be in England but instead I'm listening to the Welsh National Anthem.

I was there in 2009 and it was obviously a great occasion as England held on to secure a draw, the overriding feeling between my mates was great atmosphere, lovely situation of but poor ground and not a test venue, in the same way that the rose bowl isn't or Chester le street, no way.

Finally, why the need for this ridiculous ceremony and the need to parade 3 different flags, the start has already been delayed, surely that can't do us any favours!

Sorry for the rant.

Come on ENGLAND

Archived