IGNORED

The Ashes

bs3

C'mon lads, we can put up with ribbing from an Aussie. It makes it all the more fun when we start stuffing them (although when that will be I don't know).

Root was jolly fortunate as in my opinion that was a regulation wicket keeper catch that was spilled, plus the slight Nick onto the pads before that.

Oh, I think he is - read his posts, it's all there

I grew up about 15 mins from Mitchell Johnson in North QLD.

My dad is from Bristol. He gives it as much as anyone in Australia when the poms do well.

It's sad when people can't handle losing or other people cheer for their country is trolling.

Just more a reflection on their ability to handle losing or winning.

I can take Australia winning or losing. I've experienced both.

This is exactly what most thought would happen in fairness.

I didn't think I knew, England's top order has been a complete shambles for a very long time the middle order saves us,

Having a poor captain doesn't help ether

I grew up about 15 mins from Mitchell Johnson in North QLD.

My dad is from Bristol. He gives it as much as anyone in Australia when the poms do well.

It's sad when people can't handle losing or other people cheer for their country is trolling.

Just more a reflection on their ability to handle losing or winning.

I can take Australia winning or losing. I've experienced both.

I haven't called you a troll? I merely pointed out that you hadn't been on here between 1st and 2nd wickets falling?

I'm English, I've grown up with getting stuffed by the Aussie's - a bad morning is nothing new to me. Nothing to do with how you handle winning / losing. Do you think you've won this test match already, 90 mins in? I'd wait until both teams have batted before getting too cocky. Michael Vaughan just suggested 250 isn't a bad score here - granted, we still have to get there. I think we've seen enough cricket to not get too excited before lunch on day 1

If you're going to come on here giving it the big one every time you take a wicket but can't take some back then I'd suggest either not bothering, or tucking your blouse in - up to you, couldn't care less either way

No I never said we had won it other than we have adapted well to conditions totally foreign to most of us and started really well.

I've not said we will definitely win it but we've put ourselves in a position and got rid of blokes like cook early which is fantastic news.

I too have seen us collapse particularly when chasing low scores for some reason so I'll not put champagne out yet.

Some other sore loser called me a troll not you.

No I never said we had won it other than we have adapted well to conditions totally foreign to most of us and started really well.

I've not said we will definitely win it but we've put ourselves in a position and got rid of blokes like cook early which is fantastic news.

I too have seen us collapse particularly when chasing low scores for some reason so I'll not put champagne out yet.

Some other sore loser called me a troll not you.

You just can't help it, can you?

I'd have probably taken 88/2..  Defo Australia's morning though.

Root being agressive and taking it to them, who'da thought that'd work..

Lunch. 88-3. Now let us remember that we are all City fans born under the same sun. Aussie, you cheer when you want to and we will do likewise. If the Aussies get a bit too above themselves we can always send a modern day Douglas Jardine down under to bring them tumbling back down to earth...now that Australian side and admin were deffo a bunch of bad losers.

The fact that when England start losing he can't handle any cheering for my countrt

Losing? Can you be losing a test match, 90 mins in?

You being called a troll is no different to you calling him a loser - like I said, you may need to tuck it in now and then

Anyway, things looking slightly more hopeful at lunch. Root doing what Root does, Stokes, Buttler, Ali to come. Pitch not helpful to your quicks, your morning, but lets wait until both teams have batted before we decide who is winning or losing

Lunch. 88-3. Now let us remember that we are all City fans born under the same sun. Aussie, you cheer when you want to and we will do likewise. If the Aussies get a bit too above themselves we can always send a modern day Douglas Jardine down under to bring them tumbling back down to earth...now that Australian side and admin were deffo a bunch of bad losers.

Harold Larwood is a relation on my mother in law's side of the family - was impressed when I was told that!

Now I will let that one through to the keeper.

Hence to say that my views on the antics of that Jardine side will differ from yours no doubt...

If your only posts are going to come after England wickets then you're going to come over as a real pr1ck

Odd that we didn't hear from you from an hour? Either get involved, or don't bother

too late!

Harold Larwood is a relation on my mother in law's side of the family - was impressed when I was told that!

And so you should be. That brilliant bowler's career was ended by the whinging Aussies. Jardine sussed how to exploit Bradman's weakness for short pitched bowling but once politics and the whinging Aussie players and admin held sway Jardine and Larwood were sacrificed to keep the Aussies in the cricket family. SHAME !

Archived