IGNORED

The Ashes

bs3

Sky do many cricket programmes including the Masterclass series. They also made a "Crickets Greatest" series. Gilchrist is in both series and in the latter the programme was filmed at the WACA.

He was asked about the bowlers he just couldn't read and the first one he mentioned was Murali. " I had no idea what the ball would do". The second bowler he mentioned was Flintoff. " when he changed from over the wicket to around it, I knew I'd be in trouble".

He also described how he developed his wicket keeping skills and said keeping to Warne was a complete joy.

I am more Glos than Somerset Tom so I'm not entirely sure, but is it just me or is Tres past it?

He's ok in the four day stuff.  One Day/T20 stuff he's pretty much past it.

However this is more a case that our spinner has been shite all year.  Time to get Jack Leach back in the side.

Gilchrist was fantastic, I agree. I'm a fan - though I'd prefer Healy but that's just me being the parochial Queenslander.

It was Healy who taught Gilchrist how to keep wicket and develop a positive outlook when the match wasn't going your way.

I'd say we're just ahead given that both batsmen are in and neither have looked in much trouble.

Go along with that, probably going to jinx them here, but they seem set and good to bat through now

Nothing happening with the pitch, all depends how it plays days 4 and 5 and if Ali can get it to turn. The next 3 days are set fair weather wise, tempted to put a few quid on the draw

Go along with that, probably going to jinx them here, but they seem set and good to bat through now

Nothing happening with the pitch, all depends how it plays days 4 and 5 and if Ali can get it to turn. The next 3 days are set fair weather wise, tempted to put a few quid on the draw

I'm gonna STFU now

Sorry

Such a classy player, but for god sake England leave where he is.. don't move him up to opening/3 again.  He's clearly shown this is his best position.

I dunno, given the struggles of those above him it's almost as if he's been batting at 3 for some time.

Not adverse to him going up to 3, more that he's been tried as opener and it didn't work.   The form he's in right now, we should be building the team around him for the next 10 years.

Archived