IGNORED

Harry Maguire. 2.5M Bid Rejected - Sky

glynriley

Where in defence does he play, might give a clue to type of player we looking at if we don't get him. Same info on Twitter now.

Edit: I'm surprised we are looking to spend that too, haven't been used to doing that for a while. Showing our intent.

Wow didn't see us throwing around that kind of money. Don't know how true it is but a statement of intent on the sort of quality we are in for? He's a class act.

Indeed can't he play defensive midfield too? I do doubt the bid though it was prob a million with add ons

It's pleasing to be linked to that sort of player he is quality

Do you reckon, I've always thought he looked overweight and a bit average. Only watched a handful of times mind.

Where in defence does he play, might give a clue to type of player we looking at if we don't get him. Same info on Twitter now.

Edit: I'm surprised we are looking to spend that too, haven't been used to doing that for a while. Showing our intent.

Centre back right sided I think

Worryingly that's peanuts for the Championship . If we are to compete we need a bigger , packed out Ashton Gate and /or to step up the number of decent homegrown players we bring through to the first team .

I hope we are no where near spending that kind of cash

Why? Young player with bags of potential, likely to be a structured deal not full fee upfront, and can hopefully be sold on for a large profit if his development continues.

Certainly not the same as chucking wads at over the hill journeymen.

All irrelevant of course as I don't see Hull needing to sell and doubt they will.

Ayling would be better right wing back or full back anyway imo

I'm a big fan of Ayling. He will give his all wherever he plays. Very fit player, (as in full of energy). Gets forward a lot, an advanced role would suit him.

From Wiki Hull paid 2.5 million to Sheff Utd and we are only offering their money back. Surely Hull would want a profit if they intended to sell. Not sure why he went out on loan, maybe he was injured or they have better and he cannot get into the team, maybe (hopefully he didnt settle there). Sounds like they either want to keep him or want more back than they paid which is understandable.

That said I can understand why we would start at that price if we did.

I've merged a couple of other threads from the forum into this one.

A player isn't going to have his own thread until he has signed and pictured holding his shirt infront of a Digger at Ashton Gate, so there!

Archived